Yet another Indiana Jones stunt show RUMOR

episode

jedimaster1227 said:
The idea of Keira Knightly being in show that runs at least 4 times a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year doesn't seem likely or even possible. Maybe her cameo could be pre-filmed. Sortof like at Terminator 2- 3D.

Jokes are lost on you.

JLW11Hi

unkadug said:
It might be easier and cheaper to just bulldoze the whole existing facility and start anew instead of trying to fit a new show like that into the existing structure.

I agree,

If they are ever going to replace the show with anything...it would almost have to be another show attraction, not a ride, because there isn't much room around there for anything else. I almost think it would have been a better idea to set up the LMA show in Indy's spot instead, so that the area where LMA is now could have been used even more efficiently for a ride. By getting rid of some of the buildings back there, including the Backlot tour stuff (like Catastrophe Canyon) I'd think they would have had a lot of room to fit in a decent size ride. Of course, I am not sure if the LMA theater would have even fit in Indy's spot. I think the theater is surrounded by a backstage road and one of the quick service restaurants...

Anyone have any idea how much room they'd have around there to work with? If they were to get rid of Indy and replace it with another show, I would think they would want to make the theater even bigger than it is now.

Mad Stitch

I like the idea if it was done right. I just can’t see there being two stunt shows at the same park (assuming that Indy will soon be closeing).

Mad Stitch

JLW11Hi said:
I think the theater is surrounded by a backstage road and one of the quick service restaurants...

FYI the main entrance road and auto plaza (toll booth) coming off of World Drive is behind the theatre.

LMA_Ops

LMA would have never fit in that area. LMA is huge. The Indy area is very small. Basically what you see when you are seated is the space. Right behind the dunes is the perimiter road, costuming and some other offices and such.
If they are gonna change it they wont do it soon. Not that I have heared. And I dont think they would make it PoTC because they are going to add stuff to the Pirates ride when it goes down for rehab to promote the movies. But I could be wrong. Cause they didnt know about the change in the GMR movie two weeks ago and it just appeared.

I think that they should get rid of the Backlot Tour cause its old and falling apart and build a new ride like the Indy ride then create something new for the stunt show. Thats my opinion.

speck76

Original Poster
LMA_Ops said:
I think that they should get rid of the Backlot Tour cause its old and falling apart and build a new ride like the Indy ride then create something new for the stunt show. Thats my opinion.

The backlot tour is nothing like it used to be.......it could be popular again, and it would be good to invest in it as it can move a ton of people, and it is a long attraction, so it keeps people in the park for a longer period of time.

Perhaps adding another "stop" on the tour (similar to castastrophe canyon....but different) would help.

mkepcotmgmak

Mad Stitch said:
FYI the main entrance road and auto plaza (toll booth) coming off of World Drive is behind the theatre.

behind epic? that's where cast services and the toy box and cast roads are... the toll is closer to the old hunchback theater isn't it?

BiggerTigger

speck76 said:
Cheap is a relative term....while nothing is "cheap".....a changeover would not cost $100million+, like a new E-ticket ride would cost.

The Waterworld show at Universal was created for about $15million.....keep in mind that was 10 years ago (so inflation is a factor) but also keep in mind that it is much more expensive to build in California (with Earthquake building codes and whatnot).

The Waterworld show at Universal was originally the Miami Vice stunt show. They only had minor changes to the sets, add some costumes and a script.

cherrynegra

drew smith said:
I've seen the Waterworld show at USH, and it's a good show. The plane that comes flying towards the audience is an awesome effect. If Universal can do it, I'm sure Disney could do it and do it better.

I agree with you. I saw the show a few years back expecting a snorefest and was very surprised at how much I actually enjoyed the show. The plane effect is quite cool.

Very interesting rumor Speck. I don't see this as being too far fetched...I guess you could say that the whole Peter Pan/Captain Hook battle scene at the DL version of Fantasmic could be a precursor for this if it ever happens.

speck76

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
I agree with you. I saw the show a few years back expecting a snorefest and was very surprised at how much I actually enjoyed the show. The plane effect is quite cool.

Very interesting rumor Speck. I don't see this as being too far fetched...I guess you could say that the whole Peter Pan/Captain Hook battle scene at the DL version of Fantasmic could be a precursor for this if it ever happens.

Imagine this.....use the Hollywood Hills theater for the PotC stunt show (at least then it could be used during the day)

slipknottin

LMA_Ops said:

I dunno, I always kind of thought the backlot tour was the point of MGM.

Shaman

I like this rumor. But, if it is more than just a CM rumor, I'm thinking we would see the changes and the new show after the movie releases. Unless this was green lit a while ago, the theater "stage" was orginally engineered to hold water....and/or set design and construction is already under way....etc...Also, how popular is Indy? Because if it's popular what would be the point of replacing it?

This rumor sure beats the other ones though...and I hope it ends up being true...I wonder though if this particular rumor has anything to do with the other recent Studios rumor about the ABC Theater?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
objr said:
Also, how popular is Indy? Because if it's popular what would be the point of replacing it?
exactly, if it is popular in attendance then why replace it..... on the other hand, for people that have been watching that show for 16 years...... im slightly tired of it. for me, there is something about it that doesnt allow me to see it over and over like a lot of the other shows and still enjoy. same with ST next door..... revamp please.

speck76

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
exactly, if it is popular in attendance then why replace it..... on the other hand, for people that have been watching that show for 16 years...... im slightly tired of it. for me, there is something about it that doesnt allow me to see it over and over like a lot of the other shows and still enjoy. same with ST next door..... revamp please.

Simple....."marketing"

The attraction might be popular to those "inside" the park.....but is it an attraction that draws people TO the park.....probably not.

Shaman

jmaxwell007 said:

Oh I understand. Recently I saw the show...first time in five or six years...:lookaroun

It was fun too...I thought it was slightly better than LMA....but I won't go back to see either anytime soon unless it's walk on and I'm walking by....The Studios needs rides, and it needs rehabs on the ones it has....

joel_maxwell

speck76 said:
Simple....."marketing"

The attraction might be popular to those "inside" the park.....but is it an attraction that draws people TO the park.....probably not.
yeh, i think that you can blame ToT and RnRC for the "pull"...... and arguably the stunt show (havent seen it.... slightly ho-hum about it)

joel_maxwell

objr said:
Oh I understand. Recently I saw the show...first time in five or six years...:lookaroun

It was fun too...I thought it was slightly better than LMA....but I won't go back to see either anytime soon unless it's walk on and I'm walking by....The Studios needs rides, and it needs rehabs on the ones it has....
yeh, i dont wait for Indy or ST...... and i can imagine how Indy could be better then LMA

Since1976

This is not a new rumor -- it's been wishful thinking for a lot of WDW fans.

I personally would love to see a POTC show. The idea of ships firing on each other and stunt guys swinging on ropes is really appealing.

I do agree that it would be a bizarre theme park first: an attraction based on a movie that itself is based on an attraction!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom