Yet another Indiana Jones stunt show RUMOR

speck76

Original Poster
jedimaster1227 said:
The idea of Keira Knightly being in show that runs at least 4 times a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year doesn't seem likely or even possible. Maybe her cameo could be pre-filmed. Sortof like at Terminator 2- 3D.

ummmm.....it was a joke :rolleyes:

speck76

Original Poster
Chape19714 said:
Well, the costs would well excede just the set. That theatre was desinged and built specifically for IJ. The Catwalks, lighting, sound, etc. are all there for IJ, and not built for another show. If it were to be replaced, the lighting design would have to be re-done (for the purposes of work lighting at night, and nightime performances) and the sound would have to be re-configured to the new show. The Catwalks could probally stay as is. Also, the theatre queue area would have to be re-decorated, as it looks like a jungle now. The biggest cost of a water tank would be installing/building it, building a filtration system for it (assuming the actors will fall into the water), and a big issue-Drainage. Drains would have to be installed not only on the stage, but even through the theatre due to any splashes that might occur. I think the theatre has drains already, but they would have to be adjusted/re-desinged to handle the additional water effects (as they are only desinged for rain).

Not trying to argue...Just pointing out what I think, if that's worth anything to anyone.

The bottom line is: Shows are NEVER cheap, even a small one.

We haven't even gotten into the costs of costumes, directors, and desingers that would be needed to create a new show.

Cheap is a relative term....while nothing is "cheap".....a changeover would not cost $100million+, like a new E-ticket ride would cost.

The Waterworld show at Universal was created for about $15million.....keep in mind that was 10 years ago (so inflation is a factor) but also keep in mind that it is much more expensive to build in California (with Earthquake building codes and whatnot).

Lee

Adventurer
I heard this rumor a while back, and have tried to get it confirmed.

So far, all I have been able to get is that the Indy ride is not coming and the stunt show is not leaving anytime soon. Any makeover to the stunt show at all is a few years down the road.

Thelazer

The lighting and audio rig would not be a big deal to update.
That's the easy part.

It's the set itself that would be the challange, as well as adding water to it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thelazer said:
That's the easy part.

First...
Dig a really big hole, then wait for the afternoon downpour !! :lol:

Chape19714

speck76 said:
Cheap is a relative term....while nothing is "cheap".....a changeover would not cost $100million+, like a new E-ticket ride would cost.

The Waterworld show at Universal was created for about $15million.....keep in mind that was 10 years ago (so inflation is a factor) but also keep in mind that it is much more expensive to build in California (with Earthquake building codes and whatnot).

Completely Understood. I just wanted to point out how much it would really take. It definately would not take as much as a new e-ticket, but it would definately cost more than Cinderellabration. It would probally be upwards of Stitch's cost as well. It would probally be the most costly theater renovation in WDW history, probally all Disney Parks and Resort History. Unless the Theatre in the Wild gets the rumored rehab soon, and it might be very sizeable. They would probally end up spending 20-30 million on the Pirates Show, possibly more, once EVERYTHING is done and the facility opens to the public. It is Disney after all, they don't "Cut corners". Very true it is more expenisve to build in Cali, but we have to build up to Hurricane codes. This is just my prediction, if the project actually goes through. I also just thought of the HUGE cost of Maintaining a facility such as that. Huge cost factor there.

Thelazer said:
That's the easy part.

Well...that's a bit generilized. It could be a very big deal. But, I understand what you're saying, it's not as big as the other parts of the project.

Again, not trying to stir anything up...just my $0.02, I've seen how expensive shows can be, even with minor/no changes to the theatre itself.

slipknottin

I dont see how or why they would want to put in a huge pond to show off some ship scenes. They could possibly remake it more into one of the caves from the movie. And do the 'land' based fighting scenes. Would require far less money, and could be done alot quicker.

imagineer boy

You know, I REALLY like this idea! This could be excelent. I can imagine them building a large water arena for a ship battle, and maybe some sword fights and gun battles, this would be REALLY cool! And the thought of having Kiera knightly in this show really makes me want it to happen more. :slurp: :kiss: Okay, a look alike would be just as fine. :lookaroun

Anyway, this really is a good idea. They could actually make this more of a show with a story instead of a set-up thing where they explain the stunts like Indy. They could just leave that sort of thing to LMAX. And this would bring in a good oppertunity to finally bring in the Indy ride. I don't know where it would go, but it would be a great addition to the park.

I seriously hope this rumor is true!

Huge Dreamer

Well I seem to like this rumor. I almost didn't even look at it because the title. I would hate to see a clone of the Indiana ride put in becuase I'm a huge fan of stunt shows. I love Indi but I think it is about time for a update.

it398

if they did this they would have to be careful to make it obviously different to the sinbad stunt show in islands of adventure otherwise people would be directly comparing the 2.

sgmco

Okay, something for my first post!
First of all, it's good that this is a better rumor than cloning an existing Indy attraction like those at Disneyland or TDS, which has been mentioned at other websites.

I used to work as a manager at Universal Studios Hollywood, and can tell you firsthand that while Waterworld is a very popular attraction (it ranks right up there with the Studio Backlot Tour in terms of Attendance and Guest Satisfaction), it is also a very expensive attraction to run and maintain-usually in the tens of thousands of dollars per performance (they use a lot of pyro, which isn't cheap).

Interesting to note that this is also an attraction that has been running for ten years, and it was based on a film that flopped at the box office. Imagine if you could do a similar attraction based on POTC. But, as with any rumor, I'll belive it when it opens.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It might be easier and cheaper to just bulldoze the whole existing facility and start anew instead of trying to fit a new show like that into the existing structure.

it398 said:
if they did this they would have to be careful to make it obviously different to the sinbad stunt show in islands of adventure otherwise people would be directly comparing the 2.

I don't think that would be any trouble at all :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom