Yesterdayland!

sharky23

Original Poster
Now here's one for the imagineers and the rest of us:

Create a land called "Yesterdayland" where all the extinct rides could go. No matter how dated, they'd always have a place of residency in Yesterdayland!

Even old signage and stuff would be welcomed in Yesterdayland!

Why look! It's the tower that used to be in front of Space Mountain, the one with the pods on it! Even the mannequins are still intact!

Hmmmm? What rides to start with?

Horizons of course!
Dream Flight too!
Mr. Toad makes a triumphant return to prominence!

All4Gemini

Now where would we put this land, Magic Kingdom perhaps? I guess that would pretty much be the ideal place, unless they just made a whole new park called Yesterdayland. But then only those of us who admire those old attractions would attend and others wouldn't appreciate it. Anyways, I think that would pretty sweet though.

Zipadeedoodah

That would be so awesome! I think they should put it in MK...even though there isn't enough room...it would be great if they could do it!

Wonderful idea!:animwink:

jmmount

An idea I have had for a long time along the same lines. . .

Rather than building some new park, like the often rumored coaster kingdom or villans park, why not build a NEW magic kingdom, with some of the same rides, or similar rides, with updated technology, and with other new rides. Just sort of redo and rethink the whole thing from a 21st century perspective.

Then, stop making major changes to MK. Just use money there for refurbs, etc. Leave it essentially (and historically) the same.

I know that I used to go to MK as a kid and now I take my children there. It is cool to take them on the same rides I have always enjoyed, but over time some of them have grown a little outdated. Rather than ripping them out or totally revamping them, just leave them like they are, as sort of a historical record, and do all the new technological stuff in the new, modern day, MK.

You would still draw a huge gate at MK for the very reason that I still enjoy going there. . . because people would want to take their children to *their* Magic Kingdom. But there could also be an alternate magic kingdom, aimed at the same demographic the original MK is aimed at, with all new technology, without sacrificing the old.

And it might be cool to have a sort of "alternate reality" MK, laid out similarly, but not quite the same, better thought out, incorporating the best that Disney has developed worldwide.

This doesn't solve the "horizons" problem or the problem of other attractions that have already been removed/replaced from MK, but it would still be a good place to start, and would allow for some preservation of MK history.

jrriddle

Yesterdayland...
Museumland...
I don't know.
Unless you were to update the rides with new technology.
Don't change the story aspect, but bring them up to date tech wise. That might be interesting to the general public.
Having said that an updated Adventure thru Inner Space would be cool.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with:
http://www.yesterland.com/yester.html

Sherm00

Some of the old rides were classics, but after 20 to 40 years it becomes outdated, not just the technology but sometimes the whole feel. I think they always need to update the main park. However, I think a disney mesume is needed. First I always thought disney would do great at makeing a ski resort, with a winter village of small shops and activities, however It would need something to compliment it and bring in people all summer long, a waterpark and disney museum would be great. all the old attractions would have a home there, could open seasonally(not during the ski season) could have old rides from all disney parks plus disney memoribilia etc, and by only haveing them open half a year then they can fix them during the other half and it would save where and tear. and I had a good place for it too, right here in northeastern PA.

All4Gemini

I enjoy that Yesterland site, although I wish there was one for Disney World, since that one is all Disneyland. Some rides are the same, but there are a lot more at WDW that have become extinct.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Zipadeedoodah
That would be so awesome! I think they should put it in MK...even though there isn't enough room...it would be great if they could do it!

Wonderful idea!:animwink:

There's plenty of room! DELETE TOONTOWN! What a waste of real estate, geez.

I mean, sure the kiddies like it, but it opens late, and is just a place for parents to take the kids to burn off energy and see Mickey (who you can still see elsewhere). It's not even Disney-like, it's just silly.

So, I say bulldoze Toontown, move the train station to tomorrowland, and put some of the archived attractions there!

MKCP 1985

I'd like to see the Swiss Family Robinson tree house go to Yesterdayland, immediately, but that's not what this is about, is it?

That tree house is so yesterdayland-like! And Disney keeps putting money into refurbishing it. I really don't get that one, but for every person who goes onto the tree house while I am cruising through Adventureland, that is one less person in line in front of my crew while we're waiting to go sailing with the pirates or cruising the jungle, I guess. Based on the size of the lines for those attractions, not many people are in the tree house when I go through Adventureland! LOL

Hey, I loved Mr. Toad and 20K! Being a kid and getting on that big bad green submarine was soo cool, and it always had a line stretching halfway to tomorrowland. The last time I rode Mr. Toad ( I didn't know it was going to be the last time, or I would have gone twice), my son and nephew were with me and they were around 5 or 6 years old. Just after the train had run head on into our car and sent us all to hell, and the big fat devil had arisen with his pitchfork - Disney stopped the ride and the kids thought they were stuck there and it scared the bejeezis out of them! It was too funny!

Aaah, out of control bad driving, running from the police, cluminating with a head-on collision with a train, sending young ones to eternal damnation - what good, wholesome family fun! Boy, I miss Mr. Toad! LOL

Kwit35

There's plenty of room! DELETE TOONTOWN! What a waste of real estate, geez

(sorry, I don't know how to do quotes yet)
I totally agree about Toontown. My 3 year old doesn't even like it. She would rather to go PP or SM or even POTC!
BRING BACK THE CLASSICS!
-Horizons
-World of Motion
-Mr. Toad
-Journy into Imagination V1

PLEASE?!?

Disneyland1970

Originally posted by Sherm00
Some of the old rides were classics, but after 20 to 40 years it becomes outdated, not just the technology but sometimes the whole feel. I think they always need to update the main park. However, I think a disney mesume is needed. First I always thought disney would do great at makeing a ski resort, with a winter village of small shops and activities, however It would need something to compliment it and bring in people all summer long, a waterpark and disney museum would be great. all the old attractions would have a home there, could open seasonally(not during the ski season) could have old rides from all disney parks plus disney memoribilia etc, and by only haveing them open half a year then they can fix them during the other half and it would save where and tear. and I had a good place for it too, right here in northeastern PA.

Disney tried to do the ski resort idea in the 60's I believe near Lake Tahoe Ca. it was not allowed to take place due to enviromental and traffic . I'm not totally up to date on this, but I think it was to built at the Heavenly Valley Ski Resort area after the Olympics were held there.

I'm not sure could be way off on dates and details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom