Trip Report Yes, we are going to Disney again... A June 2019 Trip Report

Hey everyone! We have been back from our trip for two weeks, and I finally have all of the photos organized and ready to go! I'm excited to share this trip with you all! If you read my pre-trip report, you know that our trip underwent quite a few changes - the dates, the length, the hotel, how many park days, etc. but it was all worth it in the end!

The basics
Who: Myself (Jessica) and my wife (Justine)
When: June 8th-17th
Where: Pop Century

The title
enhance

Every conversation we had with our families about our vacation pretty much went like that :rolleyes: Fortunately, we have a few friends that love Disney just as much as we do!

Now, let's get this trip report started!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Great start! My wife and I are staying there next month for the first time since 2016 and your photos are getting me excited to go back!

We loved the staying there! The rooms are SO CUTE and the overall theme around the resort was great!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
The next morning, we were up early to get ready for our day at Magic Kingdom! We always start our trips with Magic Kingdom, it just doesn't feel like Disney if we don't. The room had one of those single cup coffee makers, but I don't love the coffee that they brew. I decided to head down to the food court to get coffee with our refillable mugs. It was a beautiful morning!

enhance

Coffee mission completed, we finished getting ready and were out the door around 7:45am.

enhance

Magic Kingdom is definitely the furthest park from Pop Century, but the bus ride wasn't too bad and soon we were there!

enhance

We stopped for some Photopass pictures out front. We has purchased Memory Maker so we were definitely going to use it on this trip. Plus it would be nice to have some photos of us that aren't just a bunch of selfies!

enhance

And then there's this one:

enhance

I almost named this report "The trip of awkward PhotoPass poses" :joyfull: After our photos, we were finally in Magic Kingdom!

enhance

enhance

There's nothing like the first sight of the castle walking down Main Street :inlove:

enhance

And checked out the storefront windows as we walked.

enhance

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Of course, we had to stop for a photo in front of the castle!

enhance

And then we found a photographer closer with no line!

enhance

He asked if we wanted to do a magic short - obviously! He said he could Tinkerbell or Aladdin, so we chose Aladdin, which resulted in the beauties!

enhance

enhance

...maybe we should've done Tinkerbell :hilarious:

Love this statue :inlove:

enhance

And then we took an obligatory castle selfie while we waited for the welcome show to begin!

enhance

The space in front of the castle wasn't too crazy - most people were lined up to the for the Seven Dwarves. We were able to find a spot and the show began!

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was super cute! I had red some complaints about the show being moved to the castle and not in front of the train station, but I really enjoyed it this way. It was a pretty relaxing start to our day to be able to walk down Main Street and take it all in before the park fully opened.

tatibus0913

Original Poster
The plan for our day in Magic Kingdom was to start in Frontierland with Big Thunder Mountain. After the show, we headed to the left and made our way through the pathways to BTR. Honestly, I had forgotten how long of a walk it was haha! But we followed the pack, took about 15 minutes through the queue and had a wild ride! I always forget how much I love this ride. I have no pictures of any of this, so you'll have to take my word on it all 😂 After we got off Big Thunder, Splash only had a 5 minute wait, so we headed on over!

enhance

The 5 minutes was basically walking through, and we were on in no time. Not so great ride photo:

enhance

We really try to be conscientious and not put our hands up, but oh well. Since we were in the second row, we were SOAKED.

enhance

Well, maybe Justine a little bit more so than me! We dried quickly!

Next up was our first FP for Jungle Cruise. Honestly, it wasn't a great pick as our first FastPass - neither of us love it, but I knew how busy it would get, and it fit the plans. I also couldn't get Seven Dwarves Mine Train for that first day.

Back of the boat selfie

enhance

Our skipper was energetic, and we had a nice ride through the jungle! After that, Pirates of the Caribbean had a short wait, so we headed on through.

We tried to take a selfie in the dark (maybe I should've called this "Our Disney trip through selfies"

enhance

I don't quite understand this ride photo, but it did capture Justine grabbing her ears so they wouldn't fall off! Also, nobody looks very happy.

enhance

At that point, it was time for a break. We were both hungry and wanted to sit for a few. At this point, it was only 10:45 and we had done a lot! So we made a stop at Sleepy Hollow, for this delight! We shared one and paid for it out of pocket, since it wasn't a snack, but used snack credits on coffee.

enhance

SO GOOD. I'd love another one right about now!

After our breakfast, we headed back to Pirates of the Caribbean and waited for Jack Sparrow to arrive. We had a few minutes, so took some photos with the PhotoPass photographer.

enhance

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
OH I should mention - this was our first year with pins! Justine had bought me the lanyard a Minnie 2019 pin for Christmas, and then I had bought some for us off of the Disney Store website before we left! It was hard alternating between pins, ears and sunglasses (seriously, #disneyproblems) but I love love our pins!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Then, Captain Jack Sparrow arrived!

Side note: I love meeting characters, it's fun and a part of the Disney charm. But y'all, I feel so awkward meeting the face characters!!!!

He was asking us where we got our medallions (pins) and I couldn't think fast enough and was like "uh the store" but fortunately, Justine was quick on her feet and said we stole them! That led a chat about not stealing from him (of course not) and finding treasure.

Very serious conversation happening here

enhance

enhance

Despite the initial weirdness, he was great!

enhance

After our meet and greet, we were off to our next FastPass - Space Mountain! We both love it, it's our favorite ride in Magic Kingdom! On our way over to Tomorrowland, we pass in front of the castle during one of the shows and stopped to watch it for a few minutes. It was really cute!

enhance

enhance

And then we stopped for a photo with a different angle of the castle.

First, our selfie (didn't realize my glasses had that serious of a reflection!)

enhance

And then, the PhotoPass photographer!

enhance

enhance

I really like this angle of the castle!

Finally, we headed straight to Space Mountain. We went through the queue and headed up. When we got to the loading area, they he told us to go into rows 3 and 4. We very nicely asked to be in the same car for the picture, and his reply was "you will be, just go" ... uh okay. He was rude so we went.

Here's our same car photos

enhance

enhance

I do get it, his job is to load the cars as quickly and efficiently as possible. We would never be those people that held up the lines for a request - but the groups in front of us hadn't gotten into their cars yet, and we asked nicely. Fortunately, we had another FastPass for later in the week!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Next we took a ride on the People Mover. We love this ride!

enhance

Some Tron construction - cannot wait for this to be built!

enhance

enhance

We were enjoying our ride through Space Mountain, and near the end it was super dark. Neither of us could remember if this was normal, but then our car stopped, some lights came on and the announcement was made that the ride had stopped and to remain seated. Then, we would move forward a bit, and then stop again.

enhance

We were joking that we were going to be evacuated from the People Mover, but it started moving again and soon we were cruising by the Speedway.

enhance

Then it was time our last FastPass - Peter Pan! A classic and a super cute ride!

enhance

enhance

We had a little time before lunch, so I grabbed a FastPass for It's a Small World! I LOVE It's a Small World and was super excited!

enhance

enhance

enhance

I probably have hundreds of photos of all of the dolls in the rooms from past trips, so we decided to just relax and enjoy the ride!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
It was finally time for lunch, and we had reservations at Be Our Guest. We had eaten dinner at Be Our Guest in 2016 and loved it, before they switch the prix fixe menu for dinner. We didn't want to use two dining credits on that, so we decided on lunch instead.

enhance

enhance

enhance

We had ordered ahead, so upon entry, we went straight. The line for those who needed to order looked a little hectic, so we were glad to have ordered! We checked-in inside the restaurant, where they said the menu had changed a bit and that one of the desserts was no longer available. Justine has originally ordered a chocolate creme puff, but switched it to a creme brulee. They also said to make sure we had our ID's ready, because they would check them at the table when they brought our beers over.

We headed in to find seats - it was really busy, but we found a table pretty easily. We were seated in the gallery and waited for our food!

enhance

It did take a little while, and our desserts came out first. The server joked "in the castle, we have dessert first". Not a big deal, we just put them aside for the time being.

Creme brulee

enhance

Grey stuff cupcake

enhance

Finally, our food and Kronenburg beers arrived!

Croque Monsiuer

enhance

French Dip Sandwich

enhance

Kronenburg

enhance

The food was good. The only disappointment was the creme brulee, the top wasn't crunchy at all, but the custard was tasty.

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Apparently while we were eating lunch, it had rained and delayed the parade, so we walked around Liberty Square, waiting to see if it would be cancelled.

Really cool that they have the Liberty Bell

enhance

And a visit from this guy!

enhance

We waited for a while, and weren't sure what to do. They made a few announcements that it was delayed, but didn't give any specifics. While we were waiting, I was able to snag a FastPass for Haunted Mansion and made our way towards the ride. According to my timestamps, it was 3:50pm when the Rainy Day Cavalcade came out! I had no idea this was something they did, and it was really cute!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After the parade, w headed over the Haunted Mansion!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
enhance

I love that they added a ride photo to Haunted Mansion! We take our rides very seriously 😂

enhance

After the ride, we were excited to see the PhotoPass photographer right outside Haunted Mansion. All we wanted was a quick photo like this one:

enhance

Then, he started telling us to pose :oops:

enhance

enhance

...I have no idea. But it was funny!

Justine had seen on Twitter that FoMosa had debuted at Sunshine Terrace, which had orange cream swirl and sparkling apple cider, so we headed that way to get one!

enhance

It was really refreshing, and not too sweet! I snagged a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin, so we headed that way!

enhance

enhance

enhance

We are *slightly* competitive, so when Justine beat me by 100 points, we knew that there would be a rematch later!

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Then we headed over to Under the Sea, which only had a 20 minute wait.

enhance

Smiling because this was really the only line that we had waited in all day!

enhance

The queue for Under the Sea is so cute!

enhance

We were in a clamshell and on our way!

enhance

enhance

The ride did stall a couple of times, which was why I was able to get some pictures!

A few PhotoPass pictures outside

enhance

enhance

At this point, Justine made a comment about me dragging her to every PhotoPass photographer, and the conversation went like this:

Justine: Why are you making us stop at every photographer?
Me: I want nice pictures (aka not selfies) and we paid for the package
Justine: How much was the package and why wasn't it included?
Me: $170, and we talked about this - it was an add-on
Justine: Well, we better take at least 170 photos!

Okay dear 😂

We continued walking around, just enjoying being in Magic Kingdom

enhance

enhance

At some point, I had gotten a FastPass for Winnie the Pooh, so we rode that and headed back towards front of the park - it was nearing our dinner reservations.

enhance

This view never gets old :inlove:

tatibus0913

Original Poster
As we made our way towards Crystal Palace, we came upon a dance party! The floats were great, and it was really cool they stopped and let the characters off to dance with the kids!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We checked in for Crystal Palace and waited about 20 minutes until we were called. Then we were seated, and it took a while for someone to come over to us. When she did, she was very abrupt. We went and got some salads while we waited for our drinks to arrive. Fortunately, the characters started coming around pretty quickly :)

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Our waitress had it made a point to tell us that it could take an hour and a half to see all of the characters, but that didn't seem to be the case.

enhance

enhance

Finally, our wine arrives (about 20 minutes after we ordered it) and we went back up to the buffet.

enhance

My plate - the salmon and the pierogies were really good. The carrot was undercooked.

enhance

Eeyore was our last visitor!

enhance

enhance

And then it was time for dessert - I really enjoyed the pudding and the cookie!

enhance

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience - just not as good as our previous times. We usually do breakfast, and I think we'll stick with that in the future.

Love the plants in the entryway

enhance

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
After dinner, the sky was looking a little ominous, but we still had more to do!

More castle pictures

enhance

enhance

A stop at the next PhotoPass photographer at Tomorrowland

enhance

Our next ride was the Laugh Floor - we always enjoy the show here!

enhance

And of course, we had to round out our day with the Carousel of Progress

enhance

It never gets old! We exited the ride and it was pouring! We donned our ponchos and made a dash for the rematch!

enhance

I totally lost :(

enhance

At this point, it was pouring and we were tired. So we put the ponchos back on, took a picture (obv) and made our way towards the exit.

enhance

It was a little crazy, since everyone seemed to be exiting the park. The lines for the buses were really long but they had a steady stream of buses. It did stop raining, and we could see some of the fireworks from the parking lot!

enhance

It took about a half hour for us to get on a bus, which, given how long the line was, really wasn't bad. In that time, they filled 6 buses, two of them being doubles. We got back to the hotel and called it a night! We needed our rest for Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom