Trip Report Yes, we are going to Disney again... A June 2019 Trip Report

Hey everyone! We have been back from our trip for two weeks, and I finally have all of the photos organized and ready to go! I'm excited to share this trip with you all! If you read my pre-trip report, you know that our trip underwent quite a few changes - the dates, the length, the hotel, how many park days, etc. but it was all worth it in the end!

The basics
Who: Myself (Jessica) and my wife (Justine)
When: June 8th-17th
Where: Pop Century

The title
enhance

Every conversation we had with our families about our vacation pretty much went like that :rolleyes: Fortunately, we have a few friends that love Disney just as much as we do!

Now, let's get this trip report started!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Day 1: Travel Day
We were up early for our flight, but fortunately only live about 25 minutes from the airport. We got the cats settled and said our goodbyes, and were on our way! I had checked in using the Delta App, so we had the boarding passes on our phones, but still needed to check our suitcases. It took 25 minutes to just get to the bag drop counter! The lady working said this was normal :banghead: Security was a quick 10 minutes, and soon we were waiting to board!

Obligatory airport selfie
enhance

We were booked in Comfort Plus (thank you Delta points) and boarding was easy.

enhance

The flight itself was uneventful, and we were finally in Orlando! The airport seemed really busy, and it took us a bit to get over to the Magical Express area. Once there, the magic bands were finally put on!

enhance

We wait about 15 minutes to board a bus, and then we were on our way!

enhance

I tried to get a photo of the sign, but it's kinda of hard on a moving bus 😂

enhance

By 12:40pm, we were walking into the lobby of Pop Century! It's such a cute resort!!

enhance

When we arrived, I received the alert that our room was not ready yet, so we decided to get lunch and check out the store. This would be our first time using the Dining Plan, which we found to be really convenient. We went to the food court, and since we weren't really hungry, we decided to split a burger. We were also really excited to see that they had Sam Adams Summer on draft!

enhance

This picture was taken after Justine took half the fries! It was a big lunch, and the burger was really good! It was plenty of food for us to split.

I love the design of the buildings!

enhance

After lunch, I did a little shopping. I had two items that needed to be purchased:

My main man right here:

enhance

And Pride ears!!

enhance

As were finishing up, I received the text that our room was ready, and that we were in the 50's section!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
We headed over to our room to drop off our carry on bags, and of course check it out! I had seen photos of the renovations, and the rooms look great!

The refrigerator/coffee area

enhance

The beds - one of which is the the Murphy bed. We left this up, felt like we had a lot of space!

enhance

Huge TV with a lot of storage underneath

enhance

The sink area with a ton of storage, and a spot to hang your clothes

enhance

And this was our pool view

enhance

We really loved the room, and would definitely stay here again!

We decided to take a walk around the resort. One of the things that we always struggle with is that we feel like never see the actual place we're staying at. Even thought it was hot, we spent an hour walking the paths and checking out all of the details.

There were signs like this throughout. It was really fun to see all of the facts!

enhance

These warnings were all along the lake shore - fortunately, we didn't run into any of these guys!

enhance

We were going to take a selfie as we were walking along the path, but a nice gentleman stopped and offered to take our picture!

enhance

I love all of the huge statues all of around the resort. It created such a fun atmosphere for each decade!

enhance

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
We walked around for an hour or so and had a lot of fun exploring the resort! We stopped by the pool bar to grab some drinks. I had a Pinacolava and Justine had a blueberry lemonade drink - both we were really good!

enhance

Then, we changed into our swimsuits, and headed to the bowling pin pool. While we were at the pool, we had an extremely talkative life guard. We were joking that he must be doing a stand up routine, because he just kept on going with very little responses from us! We spent about an hour at the pool, and then went back to the room to get ready - we were super excited to see that our luggage had arrived!! We unpacked and got ready for our evening in Disney Springs.

enhance

We headed to Disney Springs and walked around some of the stores, and stopped in to check out the new layout of World of Disney. Justine didn't love it, but I appreciated how open it was and how much easier it was to walk around. I also managed to get this shot and narrowly avoided being spit on!

enhance

I also love the Lego dragon!

enhance

The sky was getting really dark so we went right to Homecomin', even though we were a half an hour early. As we made it to the covered waiting area, the skies opened up and the downpour was crazy! I know it rains a lot in Florida in the summer, but had forgotten how quickly the storms roll in and how intense they are! We were seated at our reservation time of 7:05pm, and had the sweetest waitress! Since we were on the dining plan, it included an entree, a dessert and a beverage - which for us would be all alcoholic drinks.

Our drinks - a moonshine mule and I think a sangria. They were good, but SO strong!

enhance

The main draw was the fried chicken, which we both ordered. It was amazing, and possibly my favorite meal from the trip. I don't eat fried chicken a lot, but this was so crunchy and flavorful. And the mashed potatoes were delicious!

enhance

Dessert for me was a Chocolate Pecan Pie, and Moonshine cake for the wife. Both were tasty, but we were so full!

enhance

enhance

It was a great meal, and we will definitely be back on future trips!!

Fortunately, the rain had stopped by the time dinner ended, so we headed out to do some shopping. I just love Donald - apparently I like all of the broody Disney characters :hilarious:

enhance

We also stopped into the Christmas store to admire all of the decorations, and to forewarn Justine that our future house will be decorated with Disney holiday decor!

enhance

At this point, we called it a night! It was only about 9:30pm, but we had been up since 4:00am and were tired! We also had a full day the next day in Magic Kingdom!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Count me in! I am happy to read that you liked POP... we have a short 3 night stay there booked in Dec.

Thanks! We loved it! We requested the 50's section because it was a bit closer to the main building - it was like a three minute walk. We also loved that it had one bus stop and didn't stop at any other resorts - the buses were really reliable for our whole trip. We'd definitely stay there again, and I think I enjoyed it more than when we stayed at Riverside a couple of years ago!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
As much as I would love to spend all afternoon working on this, I have to go be a productive adult :confused: I'll try to post some more tomorrow!!

Rista1313

I love POP and the bowling pin pool. For our trip in September.. I requested a ground floor in the 50's. Crossing my fingers for that. Last year we had a ground floor at the hippy dippy pool. I never did swim in that one... we always went over to the bowling pin pool where it had less kids and was more subdued!

ELeigh

Just caught up. Glad you guys were finally able to take your trip after the delays. Love the title and all the pics so far!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
I love POP and the bowling pin pool. For our trip in September.. I requested a ground floor in the 50's. Crossing my fingers for that. Last year we had a ground floor at the hippy dippy pool. I never did swim in that one... we always went over to the bowling pin pool where it had less kids and was more subdued!

The main pool was definitely busier! I requested 50's and the highest floor, which we received. I loved being right near the pool, and the 50's section is really a great location!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom