Trip Report Yes, we are going to Disney again... A June 2019 Trip Report

Hey everyone! We have been back from our trip for two weeks, and I finally have all of the photos organized and ready to go! I'm excited to share this trip with you all! If you read my pre-trip report, you know that our trip underwent quite a few changes - the dates, the length, the hotel, how many park days, etc. but it was all worth it in the end!

The basics
Who: Myself (Jessica) and my wife (Justine)
When: June 8th-17th
Where: Pop Century

The title
enhance

Every conversation we had with our families about our vacation pretty much went like that :rolleyes: Fortunately, we have a few friends that love Disney just as much as we do!

Now, let's get this trip report started!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Day 3: Epcot
Day 3 of our trip was a full day at Epcot! The plan was to go to Soarin and Frozen Ever After first thing, since we had a FastPass for Test Track. We were up early! Disney is definitely the only time I'm a morning person!

Timestamp - 6:45am for my daily walk for coffee!

enhance

We were on a bus by 8:00am and ready for the day!

enhance

A few photos from outside the park, while we waited to be let in

enhance

enhance

enhance

Finally, we were allowed through the turnstiles and into the park! We headed right to Soarin' and it was 9:02am when we were entering the theater!

enhance

This was our first time seeing the new film and it was SO COOL! I always liked the California one, but I loved seeing all of the world landmarks. I didn't really notice any distortion either. It was about 9:30 when we exited, so not too bad overall. We were heading towards Frozen and found figment!

enhance

I was so excited to see that some of the topiaries were still up! We saw some all throughout our trip!

We headed over to Frozen Ever After, and there was a minimal wait. Not sure what the purpose of this photo is, but here's my proof that we rode it! It was super cute!

enhance

We popped into the stores afterwards, and had a photo opp with this guy

enhance

We were actually looking for some Frozen gear for our niece, but we couldn't find much in 2T/3T. It seemed the options were super limited for the littles! We ended up getting her something non-Frozen later in the week, so no worries there, but Frozen is her favorite, and we were really hoping to get a shirt for her.

We stopped at the bakery for some breakfast - thank you snack credits! I wanted to try the school bread, and Justine got a troll horn. Both were really good!

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
After our breakfast, we had some time before our Test Track fastpass, so we took some photos and just enjoyed being in Epcot!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I so wish we were there now!

It was time for our Test Track fastpass, so we headed over! The skies were making me a little nervous, and I was really hoping the rain would hold off. Fortunately, it did and we created this beauty!

enhance

We came in last in our vehicle, but at least it's a cute car!

Our next FastPass was for Mission Space. I really nervous that I'd be sick on this ride, so we selected the green mission. I know that I can't handle spinning rides, so no orange mission for us!

enhance

enhance

enhance

All of the astronaut gear was really cool to see. We enjoyed our trip around Earth!

At this point, we had some free time, but weren't quite ready for lunch yet. I really wanted to do the Wreck-It-Ralph meet and greet, but wasn't sure about the lines. It was pretty crowded when we went in, but I was hoping it would move fairly quickly. It did, but then the characters went on a break, and I got the evil eye from the wife :cautious: We ended up waiting about 45 minutes to meet them, but it was so worth it! It was one of the best meet and greets that we had! They were really funny, and Ralph faked me out on a fist bump. This is our driving pose!

enhance

After this, we decided to go to the Disney Visa meet and greet, since it was literally right there. We were excited to see Minnie and Pluto! The meet and greet was a little awkward, and we couldn't get them to get closer for the photo, but I love that Pluto did the ears!

enhance

tatibus0913

Original Poster
At this point, we were both a bit hangry. Funny how you can go from not too hungry to starving so quickly! The problem was that we really wanted to have lunch at Tangeriene Cafe in Morrocco, which was a bit of trek, but we persevered! Along the way, we found some more topiaries!

enhance

enhance

enhance

Finally, we made it to lunch! It was SO GOOD. Justine had the slider combo, and I had the chicken and lamb shawarma plate.

enhance

We also got red and white sangria. It was good, but in the smallest cups ever! It was part of our meal since we had the DDP but I wouldn't have paid $8 for such a small amount.

enhance

After lunch, we spent some time in the Morocco pavilion. It is gorgeous, and there so many details to look at.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

And then this happened...

enhance

So much rain! We hid out in a store until it slowed down, but we were determined to keep moving!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
It slowed down enough that we put on our ponchos and ran over to the Japan pavilion, and went into Mitsukoshi. We picked up a couple of souvenirs - some gorgeous chopsticks and lucky cats - and then checked out the exhibit next door! I don't remember the name of it, but it was about the culture of cute-ness in Japan, and it had a lot great pieces.

enhance

enhance

The rain had slowed to a drizzle, so we headed out! But first, we needed a beverage.

enhance

I adore this view

enhance

And of course, a selfie in our ponchos

enhance

We wandered through the Italy pavilion

enhance

And finally made it to Germany! Priorities

enhance

Grapefruit beer! Yes, I know I can buy it, but it's not the same as having it in Epcot! The photopass photographers were starting to come back out, and I love this picture!

enhance

We did some window shopping - I've never noticed these clocks before, but they're so cool!

enhance

We then went to one of the best places, Karamell Kuche! My turtle was amazing!

enhance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom