Yes, another tipping question

mom2of2

not to sound like a jerk... but other posters have said it... if you arent earning the type of wage you need in life then you have to take the necessary steps in life to move in another direction. we live in a free society, with a free market.. NO one is forcing anyone to work in that restaurant.

nope, you don't sound like a jerk and people can say whatever they want, I know it's a free society, free market and I'm not being forced to work in a restaurant in WDW....however, that's where I do work and this is where I live...I can't change where I live and can't take the necessary steps to move in another direction...so I wait tables to support my family. I SUPPORT my family.

I wasn't asking for pity or advice or anything else, I was just stating the facts as I know them and trying to clear up some of the misconceptions that many guests have in regards to how much money all us servers make.

:)

flavious27

When you eat at a restaurant, you tip according to the amount of your bill, correct? If I went to say Denny's and they had a special on, say the burger was 1/2 price, when I get my bill, I base my tip on what the total is, not what the total WOULD have been if I had paid full price. Correct?

So, we head to Disney. We pay for our dining plan. Works out to around $40/day adult $12 child. Why wouldn't I figure out what portion of that is applied to my sit down dinners and tip 20% based on what I PAID for the meal, not what I WOULD have paid had I been paying full price?

Honestly wondering. We are headed there in there in three weeks.

When we used the ddp in the past, we looked at the prices on the menu and used that to base the tip on.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In a strange parallel Universe we manage to pay a service charge and still afford to eat out. Any tip is then discretionary and earned or in many cases not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom