Pre-Trip Yep, We're Poly going back to WDW PTR!

My poor wife Val is not the biggest fan of Walt Disney World. Our last trip was in 2011 - we stayed at the Beach Club Villas and had a great time, but she vowed that would be her last Disney trip. She likes a nice beach or island vacation; sit on the beach, wade in the ocean, read books, have drinks, and relax. It's not that I don't like that kind of vacation, but I just love going to the World and so do our kids.

Last year we had two "beach" trips ( one was for a friend's wedding ) so for this year the kids have been clamoring to go back to Disney. I love the fact that my two teenagers ( heck, Alex is now 19 ) love Disney. With the 30% off deal at deluxe resorts, the pressure really turned up.

Val really had no chance - she actually agreed to let us go on our own without her but we twisted her arm and in the end she broke her vow - we were going back!

After spending some time on the new site for WDW I just couldn't get the rooms I wanted and I couldn't see all the availability I needed to create some options. I then realized that I needed help, so I called my WDWMagic friend, @Disneyfalcon aka Tammy at Kingdom Konsultants. She quickly put together some options for the Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge for us.

We had stayed at the Beach Club in 2009 and 2011 and loved it. Val, however, decided she wanted something different " if I have to go back, I at least want to try a different resort". OK, I said, sounds reasonable. After helping her view all the resorts she picked the Polynesian.

So the next day I called Tammy and told her to scrap everything and let's look at the Poly. Let me just say, I drove Tammy crazy ( and will probably continue to do so ) and she was just great. I know how much of a Disney nut she is and now know she is a great TA to book a Disney trip with! Even though I'm pretty astute with my WDW knowlege, she was invaluable.

In the end we booked an 8 day trip at the Poly for myself and my two daughters with Val and my son joining us 3 days in after a water polo tournament. We arrive July 29th and depart August 5th - I am beyond thrilled! Here's a picture of the crew from our trip last year to Anna Marie Island...

743.jpg

coachwnh

Here is our dinner lineup -

Some repeats but also some new places.

Monday - 50's Prime Time ( Toni's favorite )
Tuesday - undecided
Wednesday - Ohana's (Alex's favorite)
Thursday - Jiko ( something new - we loved Sanaa last trip and it was tough not picking it again )
Friday - Whispering Canyon ( another new one and our first time seeing WL )
Saturday - Citricos ( new one again and a chance to see Grand Floridian )
Sunday - Biergarten ( first time for this - reviews sounds like fun and Val gets to show off her German heritage ).

I'm also going to book some spa time for Val at the Grand Floridan. I know she is going to say this is absolutely, positively her last trip to WDW, but I'll try my darnest
to make her a Disney fan.

We will definitely hit Kona for a breakfast - my family loves breakfast and Toni especially loves French Toast. The Tonga Toast is calling!
Big fan of Jiko and Citricos!!!! Enjoy

coachwnh

Trip is now fully payed for! Good feeling.

I also changed a few things up with our meals...

Ohana's
50's PT
Citricos
Restaurant Marrakesh
Whispering Canyon
Via Napoli
Kona

I figured eating at the Poly on arrival day and on our last night would make things less stressful. Plus I've been wanted to try Kona.

We are on the regular dinning plan. Citricos is a 2 credit meal so I added Via Napoli as a fancy pizza night that I'll pay out of pocket. I hope both live up to their reputation.

I'm also looking forward to taking the boat over to WL to check out the resort and dine at Whispering Canyon.

We are 64 days out - Toni has her paper countdown chain hanging in her room and even Val is getting excited ( although she won't admit it ).
I thought you were there already. Just got on here now and see you dropped Jiko when you switched dates!! Hope all is going well.

wardpr68

I almost never post here... but I had to post to say, I cannot wait for this trip report. Your last trip report from WDW was my absolute favorite I have ever read. It was a delight to read, you are a gifted storyteller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom