Yelling "Andy's Coming!" at Toy Story CMs

jkl2000

Original Poster
^ Don't worry, we'll leave them alone. I just thought the "Andy's coming" thing was a cool idea, but how could it NOT get abused? BTW, if I DID do it, it wouldn't be at a meet & greet w/ a photographer.

"Bonnie's coming!?"

donsullivan

Premium Member
PLEASE do not. It is very irritating to the attendants, photographer, and also to Woody and Jessie. And for the record, they will not drop (especially because they don't belong to Andy anymore- they belong to Bonnie)

Completely agree. The character performers' job is hard enough in the Florida heat without guests unnecessarily harassing them with stuff like this.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
^ Don't worry, we'll leave them alone. I just thought the "Andy's coming" thing was a cool idea, but how could it NOT get abused? BTW, if I DID do it, it wouldn't be at a meet & greet w/ a photographer.

"Bonnie's coming!?"
if jumping in front of a moving cement truck was a cool idea would you do that too?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Correct me if I am wrong but I think WDW or DLR made a policy not to do this when this first went viral.

Yes, but on the interwebz, nothing ever dies. There are always people who want to try something because they "heard" it's a "thing"... Regardless how many times they're told it isn't.

stevehousse

I figured the reason they stopped doing this is because they didn't want the characters to fall to te ground and have their "heads" accidentally roll off! As much of a cute idea as it was, its totally understandable that they don't do it anymore!

MOXOMUMD

"Bonnie's coming!?"
Then where do you suppose you'd do it? A dance party? :confused: You'll get the same response as they pretend not to hear you over the music. (Daddy look at that strange man all up in Jessie's face.o_O)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I figured the reason they stopped doing this is because they didn't want the characters to fall to te ground and have their "heads" accidentally roll off! As much of a cute idea as it was, its totally understandable that they don't do it anymore!

Very likely the heads have chin straps...(though I haven't been a costume character at Disney)

<shrug>

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Why do u always have such dick comments to make about my posts? This has been going on for awhile...Gtf off my @ss and go take ur comments somehwere else...

Um...ok. That was a bit hostile for a simple comment about chin straps. But, I will address this...

See my message count? My point is, I post...a lot...and in a lot of different threads with varied topics.

I am in no way singling you out, as you imply. I merely comment on a forum, adding my input to the discussion and learning from others.

If you feel insulted for some reason because I have responded to your posts twice tonight, I apologize.

However, I will not modify my behavior because I am merely having a reasonable discussion. There is no need to take it so personally.

Have a good evening.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This goes way beyond 2 posts from tonight, try months...I do post in lots of threads myself and u seem to always quote me negatively or write about my posts like I don't know what I am talking about...ignored...

Well, that is your right. Feel free to ignore me (which if you have, then you won't see this)...

But, I still fail to see how a simple post about chin straps led to your decision. I quite clearly stated that I am not targeting you, nor do I care to. I think you have fun posts, enjoy the forum, and have a cute family that you love to death (your signature even indicates this). All these are things I respect.

I've had conversations go sour before, because it's hard to communicate tone over unicode, but never with you until now.

And, as you have stated, this is not over a chin strap comment. (which leaves me further scratching my head)

If you think I've been "stalking" you for months just to make negative comments...well, I really have nothing to say to that.

Oh well...I hope you and your family have fun on your next trip (whenever that may be) and you enjoy your life. You seem to be a great Dad with a wonderful set of kids. I wish you the best.

stevehousse

Well, that is your right. Feel free to ignore me (which if you have, then you won't see this)...

But, I still fail to see how a simple post about chin straps led to your decision. I quite clearly stated that I am not targeting you, nor do I care to. I think you have fun posts, enjoy the forum, and have a cute family that you love to death (your signature even indicates this). All these are things I respect.

I've had conversations go sour before, because it's hard to communicate tone over unicode, but never with you until now.

And, as you have stated, this is not over a chin strap comment. (which leaves me further scratching my head)

If you think I've been "stalking" you for months just to make negative comments...well, I really have nothing to say to that.

Oh well...I hope you and your family have fun on your next trip (whenever that may be) and you enjoy your life. You seem to be a great Dad with a wonderful set of kids. I wish you the best.

I appreciate your post, and I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, it just seemed that every time you quoted me as of late, it came off as somewhat negative...no hurt feelings dude...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I appreciate your post, and I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, it just seemed that every time you quoted me as of late, it came off as somewhat negative...no hurt feelings dude...

Nah, it was just in line with the general discussion. Your post happened to be the one that caught my eye to respond to (not unusual, and frankly, a good thing, as it means you are contributing to the thread and make meaningful contributions to it!)...

If you thought I was picking on you, I wasn't, I hope we are clear on that. I'm just a happy soul chatting away and having fun in a forum of people who love the parks and Disney like I do.

I'm glad if we can clear this up. And, mind you, if you ever disagree with me, feel free to voice it! That's the whole point! Open, and honest, discussions about Disney!

I won't ever see your response as negative, even if you tell me to shove off and that my ideas are bad and my momma dresses me funny (ok, I may over the last part, but my momma did dress me funny when we moved back to the states...long story)

Cheers!

Mr. CPA

While we were there in may someone yelled it, the Photographer CM said "No, Andy isn't coming he is in college" and that was it.

I second this... a few months ago, Woody & Jessie's entourage of cast members all yelled out, "No, he's at college".

mickeysbrother

Why couldn't the characters just freeze and not move? The army men would go into there stance for a min or 2!!! Sounds like a cool Disney moment for them to actually still continue this practice but on a safer level.

joanna71985

I am going to yell, "Bonnie's Coming"!!!!

You can try. But they most likely will still not do anything

Why couldn't the characters just freeze and not move? The army men would go into there stance for a min or 2!!! Sounds like a cool Disney moment for them to actually still continue this practice but on a safer level.

Because they would never see any guests if they did that. It's not just guests in line who are shouting at them- it's also guests at the exit of the line, guests walking by, guests up on the train, ect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom