Year Of A Million Dreams

keithwatson

Original Poster
Hi all

I am new here, so much advice and tips. 4 weeks to go and i will be bringing wife and 3 kids to Florida from the UK.

Having read the year of a million dreams stuff gets you so excited although very very little chance.

Has anybody any tips on i, experienced it or been selected.

Thanks

Keith

onholiday

It's really a be in the right place at the right time sort of thing. When we were in Disneyland this past February (I assume they do it the same) my whole family got lanyards and pins. There were two people standing at the entrance to A Bug's Land in California Adventure handing them out. I don't really know if they were handing them out for a specific time, or a specific number, but really you have to just see them and walk by. I know that when I saw them I got really excited and went to get one. Just keep your eyes peeled, and if you notice alot of people walking around with things in a certain place at a certain time, you might be close! Good luck!

Jorden

It is COMPLETELY random. Cast members get an assignment from a computer saying something like

Award 100 dream lanyards to the first 100 people to pass through photocell at Mission:SPACE after 10:26 AM.

In other words you have to be lucky to get them, but ride LOTS of rides, and sit on lots of benches since most of the ones I've heard about have involved entering/exiting attractions, or sitting on a specific bench at a specific time.

tr1plese7en

It is COMPLETELY random. Cast members get an assignment from a computer saying something like

Award 100 dream lanyards to the first 100 people to pass through photocell at Mission:SPACE after 10:26 AM.

In other words you have to be lucky to get them, but ride LOTS of rides, and sit on lots of benches since most of the ones I've heard about have involved entering/exiting attractions, or sitting on a specific bench at a specific time.

All of this is true but I'm not quite sure about the benches part. I knew a few of the people awarding prizes and from what I heard it is completely random. It's all about being at the right place at the right time. The only way to know when/where to be is that computer that tells CMs where to go and who knows where that computer is.

Jorden

From what I heard (when I was a CM) two big prizes were awarded to benches that NO ONE sat on... this included the first big prize.

Problem was the benches chosen were shadeless in mid afternoon... not prime candidates, one was at DTD one as at MK.

These were hearsay I guess among CMs, but then again I used to work with a current member of the dream squad. Regardless it's the only location I've heard of so far besides an attraction.

wdwmomof3

When we were there in Oct 06, my family had just met up for the first time in a week with my sister and her family at the Magic Kingdom. This was not planned but a wonderful surprise. This happened at the Tomorrowland Speedway. Anyway, when we exited off of the ride the Dream Squad was there and gave all of us a lanyard with two pins on them. We were all thrilled. It was like a dream that came true to find my sister there and then to have that happen all at the same time. It was great!

I can tell you that we did see the dream team several times that week. They were at the fast pass return on Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom, giving away dream fast pass lanyards. We just missed them. We saw them again leaving the Haunted Mansion too. I guess you just have to be at the right place at the right time. Good luck everybody.

Jorden

Former CP? Cause I used to work with people in dream squad too.

Yeah basically... I originally applied to be a cultural rep (From Canada), but I was waitlisted... I was then offered a spot for what they called a seasonal program (but I was conisidered a CP by Disney), started in Epcot Out Door Foods for a month before being moved to Mission:SPACE.

I've seen my former co-worker in the new Disney Parks ad as well (blowing Pixie Dust).

kag1984

When I went to Disneyland in October we were given the YOAMD Mouse Ears as we were getting off of the parking lot tram. That was really exciting. We wore them around everywhere, and people would look at us. It was fun, kind of like being a celebrity or something haha. I can't wait for my trip to the world in August. So excited!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom