Year of a Million Dreams NOT going into 2008

PlutoInOrlando

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Has this been confirmed or talked about elsewhere? I thought from everything I've read it was going full force into 2008. Apparently not.

If you look at the Disneyworld.com site...

Under "Packages and Offers"....
Click on the: Lighter Crowds! - line
then the season: Fall

or just click the link below...:brick::ROFLOL:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/wwod/detail?id=WWODSeasonFallPage

and here you go...

Spirited Atmosphere and Events

Fall at Walt Disney World® Resort features autumn enchantment, milder weather and lively special events. Ring in the holiday season during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party† at Magic Kingdom® Park. Indulge in the exquisite tastes of the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival. And don't miss your chance to experience the magic of The Year of a Million Dreams, which ends December 31, 2007!

Yes, the last bit was given a new color and the text enlarged by me...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
As tempting as it is to be excited about that.. I trust nothing from the WDW website :(

They very well could have an announcement soon about how grandly wonderful it is and its extension.

PlutoInOrlando

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As tempting as it is to be excited about that.. I trust nothing from the WDW website

They very well could have an announcement soon about how grandly wonderful it is and its extension.

I'll 2nd that! We all know they still have 3 full months for that to change! lol

Hurry Hurry - don't miss YoAMD...annnnnnnnnnd then...well, we changed our minds...it IS going into 2008.

Uggg...

PlutoInOrlando

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The official rules site also says "...starting on October 1, 2006 and ending on December 31, 2007" on the 2007 AND 2008 pages... which is weird.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDGiveAwayRules07Page
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDGiveAwayRules08Page

Go back and look at the very top and look at the title of the rules area...

--- The Disney Dreams Giveaway 2008 ---

Makes you wonder - the various depts aren't all on the same page now are they!

i was sent a survey about disneyland paris asking if a surprise party for mickey would encourage me to visit next year. There is a new parade and castle show i guess this is for mickeys 80th birthday. I dont know if this is just a Paris event or if all parks will be celebrating mickeys birthday next year.

DisneyGigi

The survey that I got from Disney was all about YoMD, it was funny because one of the questions was "Do you know when YoMD promotion ends" options that I remember were Oct. 1, 2007 and Oct. 1 2008 and I don't know.The one I got after our trip in March was general questions.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney's website is notorious for not updating information everywhere it is located. They often have announcements for special events that are long over. This is a perfect example:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_CA/parks/parkLanding?id=MKLandingPage

Shows the banner advertising the Disney Pirates & Princess Party "Returning select dates August 11 - September 3, 2007" :rolleyes: Still on the Canadian MK page more than three weeks after it's over.

TomDisney

The Fall edition of the Mickey Monitor which came out a few weeks ago stated that this was extended until Dec. 31, 2008. Someone forgot to update their webpage....

Evo

Spirited Atmosphere and Events

Fall at Walt Disney World® Resort features autumn enchantment, milder weather and lively special events. Ring in the holiday season during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party† at Magic Kingdom® Park. Indulge in the exquisite tastes of the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival. And don't miss your chance to experience the magic of The Year of a Million Dreams, which ends December 31, 2007!
I Don't want the Year of a Million Dreams to End..

See Ya!

Philo

Ah the disney website. What a wonderful work of fiction.

Whilst I do occasionally browse it I never believe it!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
My "dream" for the year would be for WDW to run an efficient, updated website where all of the links work.

I can dream, right? I mean, it is the Year of a Million Dreams!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom