Year of a Milion Dreams Lanyards and pins

Cindyrella

Original Poster
We just came back from a magical 8 days in WDW. On Thursday, as we were getting off El Rio del Tiempo in the Mexico pavillion, the "Dream Team" started clapping, cheering and telling us we were each the recipients of a YOAMD lanyard and pins. Sure, it wasn't a night in the castle, but my kids and I were thrilled!! It was awesome.

WDWCMAmanda

We just came back from a magical 8 days in WDW. On Thursday, as we were getting off El Rio del Tiempo in the Mexico pavillion, the "Dream Team" started clapping, cheering and telling us we were each the recipients of a YOAMD lanyard and pins. Sure, it wasn't a night in the castle, but my kids and I were thrilled!! It was awesome.

OMG that's awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!:sohappy:

goofyfamily

Well thank god somebody got something , We just got back last night from our 8 day stay and we covered a lot of ground non stop and only saw 2 people with golden fastpasses. I was very dissapointed in the giveaways there werent nearly as many as they claim so I am glad to see someone get something.

Well thank god somebody got something , We just got back last night from our 8 day stay and we covered a lot of ground non stop and only saw 2 people with golden fastpasses. I was very dissapointed in the giveaways there werent nearly as many as they claim so I am glad to see someone get something.

You aren't the family that was waiting over two hours thinking they were giving free icecream over at imagination were you? Because sorry to say, but this is really really sad if you're expecting something from disney from this celebration. Instead of holding your memories close about just being at disney, you're angry because you didn't win anything? *shakes head* Now that's disapointing to hear. But then again, I hear stories like this and many more from the dream squad. For Shame. And they're claiming is right actually. They give about 100 of those lanyards and celebration hats a day and it just depends. And disney is huge! Just because they're not giving prizes at the parks doesn't mean they're not giving them somewhere else. And for your information, the big prizes are very very random and limited.

Other then you being sad or angry that you didn't get anything and almost sounding bitter in a way, I really hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

FBullock

Wife & I just got back Thursday from 5 days @ WDW and we got lanyards and pins. Our room at the Tower of Terror was chosen on Tuesday.

goofyfamily

Wow you are a really stresssed out person all I said is thank God someone won you need to take a chill pill. This is my sixth visit and dont appreciate being judged by thinking it is nice to see someone finally get something extra. I personally love Disney and go to enjoy it with my family so I think before you speak out you should think about your accusations. THe waiting for a free ice cream comment is a bit much not too mention ignorant which can be taken as you wish.

durangojim

Some people seem to be getting all fired up about this contest. I don't think it's a big deal to say that you were disappointed with not winning a prize. It doesn't make you a bad person and you have just as much right to express your opinion as those who feel that just being at Disney is reward enough. Personally I don't know anyone who wouldn't like to win a prize if they're in a contest and we're all good people:lol:

durangojim

You aren't the family that was waiting over two hours thinking they were giving free icecream over at imagination were you? Because sorry to say, but this is really really sad if you're expecting something from disney from this celebration. Instead of holding your memories close about just being at disney, you're angry because you didn't win anything? *shakes head* Now that's disapointing to hear. But then again, I hear stories like this and many more from the dream squad. For Shame. And they're claiming is right actually. They give about 100 of those lanyards and celebration hats a day and it just depends. And disney is huge! Just because they're not giving prizes at the parks doesn't mean they're not giving them somewhere else. And for your information, the big prizes are very very random and limited.

Other then you being sad or angry that you didn't get anything and almost sounding bitter in a way, I really hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Um, you are way overreacting. Goofyfamily didn't say that he was upset or angry, does not sound bitter, and made no mention of being disappointed with his trip. He merely said that he thought there would be more prizes handed out. Not an unreasonable thought especially if he was there during WDW's 15th birthday when a great deal of people won prizes. Maybe you should reread his post and think about your response. People in glass houses...:drevil:

goofyfamily

Um, you are way overreacting. Goofyfamily didn't say that he was upset or angry, does not sound bitter, and made no mention of being disappointed with his trip. He merely said that he thought there would be more prizes handed out. Not an unreasonable thought especially if he was there during WDW's 15th birthday when a great deal of people won prizes. Maybe you should reread his post and think about your response. People in glass houses...:drevil:
Well thank you for understanding my statement. You hit the nail right on the head.

:fork: Yeah yeah yeah!! Guest were very grumpy with me today so I have a right to be grumpy too. I also need to stay away from the dream squad because these are the only stories I've been hearing so of course I'm going to be jumping on any mention of winning things and being lucky. *shrugs* It's one of those nights. 14 hour shift.....I'm one that takes it out on people so sue me. Anyhow, my sorries to you goofy family. I won't be needing the chill pill considering I work a 6 hour shift today.

New2WDW

Congrats! We were also down this past week and saw many special hats and lanyards and caught a glimpse of some of the Dream Team people. My family did not receive anything from the Dream Team but we were chosen for a couple of special events.

First, on Sunday Oct. 2 at MK while at Mickey's Philharmagic we were chosen as the guest orchestra (we just made a lot of noise with drums, symbols and rattle things) prior to going into the attraction.

Second, on Thursday Oct. 5 at MK we were chosen as the unbirthday family at the TeaCup ride (our favorite) and given first seating, sung to by those around, and given a signed picture by Alice and the Mad Hatter.

Third, on Thursday Oct. 5 we were just given fast passes while walking by the Buzz Lightyear ride (the wait was very long) by a cast member at the fast pass stalls.

Fourth, I got to meet, talk with and watch fireworks with Jack Sparrow! Well not the real one anyway but actually Master Yoda dressed up like Jack. He looked the part, so much in fact a little kid keep hanging around peeking at him and finally walking up to shake his hand.:lol:

WildcatDen

Congrats Cindyrella. That sounds awesome. Post a pic if you can.

On another note, don't you just hate it when somebody comes into a thread, posts some weak comment and then changes or adds to the subject. . . .

So. . . . .

:lookaroun

What is the official length of the promotion? We hope to be heading down in November and was hoping it would still be going on. Oh. . . November 2007.

Gorjus

He merely said that he thought there would be more prizes handed out. Not an unreasonable thought especially if he was there during WDW's 15th birthday when a great deal of people won prizes.

:drevil: Hey, I was there for a week at the 15th Birthday Party. (**15 years....and we're havin' a party......at Walt Disney World.....the party's going on....**) I didn't win anything! What's the deal? Ok, I was able to see Leeza Gibbons and Rob somebody, but no prizes! That's it... I'm never going back........Oh, wait, I already did return... again and again and again:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom