Yahoo Fantasy Baseball?

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Anyone around here interested in starting a WDWMagic Fantasy baseball league on Yahoo?

It's free, and if you enjoy fantasy baseball, it's a good time. I'll get it all started if there's enough interest.

Anyone up for it?

I actually prefer ESPN's fantasy, but it costs like 20 bucks, and I figured no one would want to pay.

Let me know.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by orangefan15
Count me in!! I'm a regular fantasy sports nut!!!

Yahoo or ESPN works for me.

Sweet, you're counted in.:D

Also, make sure to tell me if you'd pay to do the ESPN one, and if you'd be available for a live draft. Drafting day is often the best part of the season, and I hate the automated crap.

orangefan15

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Sweet, you're counted in.:D

Also, make sure to tell me if you'd pay to do the ESPN one, and if you'd be available for a live draft. Drafting day is often the best part of the season, and I hate the automated crap.

Yeah, I'd pay for ESPN. I really do prefer live drafts....automated sucks...takes away the fun.

SpongeScott

I'm game, but I need to do the free one. I'm in a league here at home and I'm paying for that one (gotta keep Momma happy, if you get my drift!).

Dawn S

I'd have to stick to "free" at the present time, too, but I am certainly up for this. Did a Yahoo league last season & I loved it! Count me in!!!! :sohappy:

SpongeScott

Zac, since you are StL fan, what kind of league are you looking at? NL? Obviously, it will be decided by how many people we would have in the league. Personally, I'm an NL man all the way.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
k, that's 6.

I'm pretty sure we need 8 to start a league. Yahoo hasn't started leagues yet, but when they do I'll set it up. I was actually going to make it an all inclusive MLB league, rather than just an NL. If anyone else has opinions let me know. It's not my league, it's ours.:)

Also, I like to keep the stat categories to a minimum, otherwise you have to spend literally hours looking at stats in order for skill to enter into the picture. I'd probably set it up with the following categories:

Offense:

-Avg.
-HR
-RBI
-Runs
-SB

Pitching:

-Wins
-K's
-ERA
-WHIP
-Saves

That setup is my preference, it's a traditional 5x5 league. Let me know.

SpongeScott

OK, since it's our league, I'm going to put in a vote for an NL only league, realizing that it's only one vote! Oh, and prepare to lose now to me! (gotta start the trash-talk sometime)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Any AL fans in here? lol

I only prefer MLB because it gives more options and a bigger pot of star players. I know a lot more about the NL as well, and I win EVERY year! Prepare to be second best!

TURKEY

Just a few things.....I may join, but I doubt it.....with my schedule in May and then who knows after graduation, I wouldn't be fielding a competitive team I don't think.

In Yahoo, I've got a basketball league with 4 teams (I think that's the minimum), so you should be set.

I think a MLB league would be better than NL or AL....I didn't like playing a league group, but there were 8 or 10 in that league, depleting the talent.

What's a 5x5 league? I've never played that, just usually use the normal default league with a couple minor changes.

SpongeScott

5x5 is adding another category to the four traditional ones. you typically add runs and K's to the usual four. Doing the MLB is fine instead of one league--just lets me know how to do my homework.

orangefan15

I prefer MLB universe...better pool of players to choose from, especially if we get up to 8 or 10 teams. 5x5 Roto or H2H is cool with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom