Yacht Club stack up against the Floridian and Polynesian

sheko2006

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to how the Yacht Club resort stacks up against the Polynesian and Floridian excluding the the monorail as a benefit...

Thanks!

Chape19714

Well...

Y&B-nearby Epcot, Boardwalk Entertainment Dist., MGM Studios, Water Taxis, huge water complex, home away from home accomidations, and some viewing of fireworks from Epcot (some parts my be obstructed from the hotel.) And don't forget Beaches and Cream Ice Cream.

Poly & GF-Nearby Magic Kingdom, Monorail, Water Taxis, Full firework views from MK (full view and music from many locations around the resorts), Electrical Water Pagent, Deluxe Accomidations.

That's a bisic run down, feel free to ask any other questions!

Upvote 0

nyy102

I think that all three are great resorts, and that the reason to pick one over the others is really based on what you are looking for. Some people, especially those with young children, say that you can't beat the monorail to the MK, plus the ability to watch the fireworks from the resort and also be in one of the few positions to watch the Electrical Water Pageant. I, on the other hand, think that you really can't beat the 5 minute walk to Epcot from the Beach and Yacht Club, or the roughly 20 minute walk to MGM, plus the large and extremely nice pool and water slide that those 2 resorts share. It all really depends on exactly what you are looking for, as it is a win-win with any of these resorts that you choose.

Upvote 0

sheko2006

Original Poster
Arghhh

Arghhhh so stressed out!!! LOL LOL. I am arriving in Disney next Wednesday and I have NEVER been so confusedddddddddd..... I have come down every year for the last 5 years. I have stayed at the Floridian because I took advantage of the Passholder discounts. This year I wanted to try something new for my family - I have a 9 7 and 3 year old. I originally booked the Poly with only a AAA discount. Then the Yach Club discounts came out and the rate was to good to pass up and I cancelled the Poly. $189 vs. $267. I hear that the Yacht and Beach is really nice! I am just worried that I will not get / have that Disney feel that I got from being near the MK.... I am going for 8 nights 7 of which will be in the parks. I usually split my days by doing 1 park in the morning - pool in the afternoon and naps and another park in the evening. By doing this i go to the MK about 6 times of the potential 14 opportunities. I know the monorail is hugeeee to have - especially with kids but is the Poly that much better than the Yacht and Beach?? I still can get a Garden View at the Poly combining AAA for the first 4 days and Annual for the remaining 4. Total difference is $575. Is it worth it to spend that extra money or just stay put???? Appreciate any thougts....

Upvote 0

nyy102

I wouldn't spend the extra money for the room at the Poly if I was you, and instead put some of it toward in-park spending, on souvenirs and ride photos and such. If you plan on using the pool every afternoon, as you say, you just cannot beat the Yacht and Beach Club pool. It is so large that it easily can accomodate the two resorts, and the slide is the nicest and best non-water park slide I've ever been on. Also, I never really enjoyed Epcot until I stayed at the Beach Club, and, though I don't know how you feel about Epcot as it is, I think that being so close helps anyone to appreciate it, adding a different layer to that overall Disney experience, which is very evident at the YnB, even though they are not so close to the MK.

You do lose the monorail at the YnB, but, as you said yourself that you wanted your family to try something new, and staying at the Epcot Resort Area is definitely a different experience (personally, I think its the best experience), and I think its worth it for your family to find out for yourself which you prefer. Worse comes to worse, you go somewhere different the next time you go, as it's definitely not so vastly different that it would ruin your rip or anything, just a matter of preference.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

nyy102 said:
I wouldn't spend the extra money for the room at the Poly if I was you, and instead put some of it toward in-park spending, on souvenirs and ride photos and such. If you plan on using the pool every afternoon, as you say, you just cannot beat the Yacht and Beach Club pool. It is so large that it easily can accomodate the two resorts, and the slide is the nicest and best non-water park slide I've ever been on. Also, I never really enjoyed Epcot until I stayed at the Beach Club, and, though I don't know how you feel about Epcot as it is, I think that being so close helps anyone to appreciate it, adding a different layer to that overall Disney experience, which is very evident at the YnB, even though they are not so close to the MK.

You do lose the monorail at the YnB, but, as you said yourself that you wanted your family to try something new, and staying at the Epcot Resort Area is definitely a different experience (personally, I think its the best experience), and I think its worth it for your family to find out for yourself which you prefer. Worse comes to worse, you go somewhere different the next time you go, as it's definitely not so vastly different that it would ruin your rip or anything, just a matter of preference.

I agree. I think you have made the right choice with the YC. If you spend that much time at the pools your kids will love you for this choice. Plus you could put the extra $$ to a rental car/van and not worrry about the transportation anywhere.

Hey NYY102 is it Staten Island????

Upvote 0

sheko2006

Original Poster
Y&bc

Yacht and Beach club will still give me that Disney feel?? May sound like a dumb question lol.. Like I said just used to the MK resorts... Also yes we do spend at least 2 hours per day in the pool....

Upvote 0

nyy102

With 2 hours a day in the pool, your whole family will love the YnB pool and slide. As for the Disney feel at the YnB, I definitely feel it and when I am there, I know I am at Disney, but I think that really varies person-to-person. To me, YnB is Disney, but it may feel slightly odd at first for you because you are used to the GF. I honestly believe that if you give it a chance though, you will also ultimately decide that YnB has that Disney feel to it.

Upvote 0

WDWFanatic

Poly - friendly guests
Floridian - snooty guests

Poly - good parking
Floridian - prepare to walk

Poly - great fun atmosphere
Floridian - fancy atmosphere

Poly - stayed many times
Floridian - stayed ONCE

Upvote 0

Teenchy

sheko2006 said:
Yacht and Beach club will still give me that Disney feel?? May sound like a dumb question lol.. Like I said just used to the MK resorts... Also yes we do spend at least 2 hours per day in the pool....

2 hours a day at the pool! You made the right choice.

And although I think the GF is beautiful..if that feels "Disney" to you then I dont see why the YnBC wont be as good or better...if not only for the great theming of the pools.

Ok can you tell I like the Pools at YnBC. :D

By the way take the family to Beaches n Cream and order a Kitchen Sink...dont tell the kids what it is...just surprise them. (And make sure your hungry!)

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Honestly, if I could afford to stay at GF, even once, I would, so I don't know if anything will compare...except for maybe a Savannah room at AKL

BUT, at YnBC you're within walking distance or a short boat trip to two Disney parks instead of one, plus you're close within walking distance to many more dining & entertainment options.

Unless you think your kids will freak out over not staying where they've always been (and really, any kid should just be happy they're in WDW, period), I think they'll be really happy with the YnBC and everything around there to see and do (esp. the pool!)

Upvote 0

Yanks07

The Yacht Club is on the Boardwalk, which is is pretty Kool. Night time entertainment and carnival type games. If you like sports, the ESPN club is awesome. Boat ride is good, Monorail is awesome.

Upvote 0
To tell you the truth, I have a more magical experience at All Star Music than I do @ other hotels.

Every hotel has a different theme, but they all center around Disney. Whether it's a Broadway or Jazz section, a hotel with animals on the roam in the courtyard, Tiki God statues and white sand beaches, or a gorgeous, turn of the century hotel with an amazing pool...I don't think any one of them is less magical than another.

That being said, to ME, because I don't enjoy nature or appreciate the outdoors, the WL and FW don't appeal to me. I'm not into the Aztec-Mexican feel, so Coronado Springs would be lost on me. While the Dolphin, Swan and Contemporary are so elegant and classy, they don't have that warm, welcoming feeling.

So basically, (and what I should've said earlier so you didn't have to read all this) is that it's up to the person. I PERSONALLY feel that GF and Boardwalk/Y&B Club have similar feels. Both classy, yet warm, fun yet luxurious...a bus to MK doesn't take more than 15 min tops from the nicer resorts (usually). You'll have a blast at either place...I'd try Y&B. That way, you'll know whether next time a monorail hotel is important to you.

Upvote 0

RetiredFRN

I agree pretty much with what everyone has said, it all depends what your looking for.
I have stayed at Y&B and the GF.
Y&B, definitley has the disney feel. You're within walking distance to Epcot and a water taxi ride away to MGM. The pool is tremendous, the slide is great and if your're going to be at the pool than the Y&B is for you. Plus your across the way from the boardwalk and all it has to offer. If you stand on the bridge at night over at the boardwalk you can catch the epcot fireworks.

GF, Nothing beats being a monorail stop away from the MK. One night my daughter and I ate at the GF (it was raining) after the rain cleared, we hopped on the monorail and stayed at MK until closing then came right back. The pools are nice at the GF, but not at all like Y&B. I don't agree with people who say the GF is for "snooty" people. I don't consider myself "snooty" and I didn't meet any one else who was snooty either. The staff are wonderful and attentive, its a great place to stay. It's very "disney" but i think all of the disney resorts are great.
Now I don't know if I'll stir some feathers with this, but I do believe that the busses / transportation and general service is better at the higher end resorts. I've stayed at them all folks and I did not have to wait long for transportation at the deluxe/moderate resorts versus the all stars. At the all stars resorts the busses were packed, either my back was in someones face or theirs was in mine. I just remember one night waiting for the bus at MK, every bus from all the other resorts came except the all stars one.
I know people say that its just a room, but just a room means alot more to me than a place to sleep!!

Upvote 0

EPCOT_Rocks

The Yaught & Beach club is, for my money, the best resort(s) on the property. The ambiance is very similar to the GF, you can walk to EPCOT in 5 minutes, be to MGM in 10, the pool is simply the best resort pool I have ever seen. I can't imagine how the GF is worth more money, and the Polynesian doesen't even come close. I personally stayed at the Beach Club this past Sun-Tue and had a blast. I can't believe I got a room for 189....God Bless the Florida Resident Specials, because the peak rack-rate here is 305.

One word of advice....Skip the Clam-bake, it is not near as good as it used to be....everything else is wonderful.

Enjoy that first splash in the pool when your feet hit the sand....you will be in heven!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom