YA HOO! Hoop-Dee-Doo!

Scottwdw

This month the PS Planning Guide is featuring one of my favorite Walt Disney World PS events, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground. I've been going to the Hoop-Dee-Doo since my honeymoon in October of 1983...hey, I guess that makes it our 20th wedding anniversary!! :D

So, stop on over to the PS Planning Guide to find out what all the song singing, dancing, joke telling and eating is all about!

Happy Planning! :wave:

tigsmom

We love the Hoop Dee Doo Review. :sohappy:
The jokes are corny, but its so much fun...and the food is :slurp: .

And Happy Anniversary (good thing you didn't forget. ) :wave:

(and welcome to a fellow NY'er. )

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have never Hooped...Can someone fill me in on what is good there?? Apparently some folks must think it is good for it to have run this long!!! Help another fellow NY'er out!! Thanks ever so much!! Belle

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I have never Hooped...Can someone fill me in on what is good there?? Apparently some folks must think it is good for it to have run this long!!! Help another fellow NY'er out!! Thanks ever so much!! Belle

You really should try this one out. They come out into the audience and then you become part of the show! Wish I had a scanner because I've got a great pic of one of the singers sitting on my hubby's lap!

http://www.wdwig.com/hddcom.htm

Upvote 0

Scottwdw

Original Poster
Between those two links, Belle, you should get a good idea of what the show is like. Go, have fun!

This, from an Upstate New Yorker! :king:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by Scottwdw
Between those two links, Belle, you should get a good idea of what the show is like. Go, have fun!

This, from an Upstate New Yorker! :king:

How far upstate?

I'm from Orange Cty. Near West Point. :wave:

Upvote 0

Scottwdw

Original Poster
My location=Heart of NY=Syracuse=Home of the NCAA Mens Basketball National Champions=Syracuse University Orangemen

Actually, I live just outside of Syracuse. We are also known for our wonderful Lake-Effect Snow Storms. Which, btw, we had some already yesterday! :cry:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by Scottwdw
My location=Heart of NY=Syracuse=Home of the NCAA Mens Basketball National Champions=Syracuse University Orangemen

Actually, I live just outside of Syracuse. We are also known for our wonderful Lake-Effect Snow Storms. Which, btw, we had some already yesterday! :cry:

My brother went to Syracuse. We have a pic from the local newspaper of him shoveling snow from seats at the football stadium...I think it was a Homecoming game.
I have friends who live in Liverpool. :wave:

Snow fell not too far from here yesterday...maybe 45 miles north of us. I am so not ready for this.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Downstate here in good old Staten Island for me..... SNOW!!???!! What do you mean SNOW!!! :( :lookaroun :lookaroun Belle

spent many a summer's day at my aunt's place in Midland Beach...remember going there before the Verrazano opened.

It is a small world after all. :wave:

Upvote 0

Momx3

I just did the Hoop De Doo last week for the first time. It was fantastic. The food was great the unlimited beer and sangrias really made the show even funnier and it was enjoyed but not only the adults but my three kids too. Question--I noticed that it appears that the same cast that does the Hoop does Tarzan Rocks. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Belle you just need to book it and experience it. I will be there on the 3rd during the December Meet. It's all you can eat and drink. The fried chicken is wonderful! ( I know how you love that grease all over your fingers foods!:lol: )

Go for it! I guarentee that you'll like it!

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK everyone, here we go!!! I have booked the Hoop De Doo for December 3,2003 for myself, my usual travel buddy, Rich and another friend Christopher. Chris is a good old fashioned Southern Gentleman so I hope the chicken lives up to his expectations!!! I am So excited!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Belle

Upvote 0

tigsmom

OK everyone, here we go!!! I have booked the Hoop De Doo for December 3,2003 for myself, my usual travel buddy, Rich and another friend Christopher. Chris is a good old fashioned Southern Gentleman so I hope the chicken lives up to his expectations!!! I am So excited!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Belle

I have never met anyone who has not enjoyed this show. I'm sure you will have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Tigs...it truly is. I made it to Staten Island in 1977 or so when my parents transplanted me here from Nesconset, Long Island. I hung out in Midland Beach but as a college student and through most of my 20's. That was the unofficial meeting spot for the group. It has since been turned into a baseball field....:cry: :cry: Aaaaahhh the good old days....Belle

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You really don't have a choice as to where to sit...The CMs will seat you. (you could ask, but I'm not sure how it would work). Larger groups are on the main floor in the center with smaller groups around the edge and in the balcony. You can see the show from all seats. My only advice: Relax & go with the flow. If you get brought into the show just go with it...you will never see these people again anyway. :lol: Enjoy the corny jokes, music and food. :wave:

Upvote 0

howie d

Hoop de Doo

My wife and I went during our honeymoon, back in 1990. It was fun and we enjoyed it. If you ever go during a warmer time of year try Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It was awesome. Pretty much the same food as Hoop De Doo, with Country Music band and Character appearances. It runs on Tuesday and Thursday nights from March through November, sometimes in early December. While they are both good, I prefer the Backyard BBQ. Hi ,Midland Beach, all the best from New Dorp.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

AriBelle23

We have seen the Hoop Dee Doo every year since 1998! It's an amazing show with such wonderful and talented actors! (most of them have 2 year contracts and one guy from Wisconsin remembered me because both times it was my bday) :) awww that Disney magic :)

Anyway, we have always had a front row or close to front row table every year except '98 because we book 8 months in advance. Our very first year we only booked 2 months in advance and had to sit at the very back table in the very left hand corner. My advice is make reservations ASAP!! :) the show is so much more fun when they play up to YOU personally.

I got to be the "lovey can-can dancer" :) (it was funny because after the show they asked me if I was a performer...ther light operater said she could just tell I have been on the stage a few times before lol):sohappy: :lol: :sohappy: :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom