x-mas parade taping 2008

mjc1984

Original Poster
does any one know who will be at this years x-mas parade taping? i know regis and kell ywill once again host it but dont kow who will preform this year? does any one know yet?

the-reason14

Yea, knowing would be good. Because I think last year they had a lot of minimal to no talent performers like Miley and HSM people. Hopefully this year they have people who are actually good and worth watching.

raven

Usually it's around the first weekend in December for the parade on Main Street. The other performers on different parts of the property are taped anytime between November and early December whenever they come. The magic of the special on Christmas Day though is to make it look like it's all happening that day but it's actually several different days.

dmagickingdom

Usually it's around the first weekend in December for the parade on Main Street. The other performers on different parts of the property are taped anytime between November and early December whenever they come. The magic of the special on Christmas Day though is to make it look like it's all happening that day but it's actually several different days.

yeah, and besides, most of the parade that you see on tv is filmed around 7am before the park opens with cast members getting to play the "extras" being the parade viewers. However they do film it several times and cut to different parts so part of it is potentially the parade where guests are in the crowd. One great editing point to watch for...They do cut to Christmas celebration in California as well. So, if "Stitch" or any other character is performing outside of the parade then they will edit their segment out of the parade (since stitch cant be in 2 places at once). It seems obvious but i guess it's cool that they make sure they have continuity.

rsoxguy

I was at the MK once when they filmed the "parade" several years ago. We stood and sat on the sidewalk of Main Street for a couple of hours. They handed out free balloons to people who were willing to stand in the right spot to make it look picturesque. At certain times of filming they had us look in a certain direction and waive at nothing while saying "hi Mickey", even though there was no float present. The floats would eventually come, but they would sit idle for ten minutes or so while they filmed everything just perfectly. I can not remember who the hosts were that year, but they cheerfully addressed the crowd throughout the taping. The time we spent doing this was very festive, but in truth there was no parade. It was kind of a shock to learn that the parade on TV does not really exist. It is just a carefully choreographed show. Regardless, we had fun taking part in it and I could see myself and family members on TV that Christmas if I got really close to the screen and remembered what everyone was wearing that day!

Bug715

Yea, knowing would be good. Because I think last year they had a lot of minimal to no talent performers like Miley and HSM people. Hopefully this year they have people who are actually good and worth watching.

Actually HSM people & Miley were taped at DL not WDW.

All the performers by the castle were taped last year on the friday of the first weekend so this year they will tape these on the 5th.

yeah, and besides, most of the parade that you see on tv is filmed around 7am before the park opens with cast members getting to play the "extras" being the parade viewers. However they do film it several times and cut to different parts so part of it is potentially the parade where guests are in the crowd. One great editing point to watch for...They do cut to Christmas celebration in California as well. So, if "Stitch" or any other character is performing outside of the parade then they will edit their segment out of the parade (since stitch cant be in 2 places at once). It seems obvious but i guess it's cool that they make sure they have continuity.

They start everything early but it isn't over until around 5ish. A friend and I got there at 9am and I watched until I had to go get ready for work at four. It was really fun watching the taping.

When I was watching it christmas morning I was on the phone with my uncle and started freaking out cause I saw me on tv. If you want to be seen don't wear a red shirt and maybe not even a green shirt because everyone wears christmas colors. I had on a yellow shirt (don't have any christmas shirts) and the minnie christmas headband on.

dmagickingdom

Actually HSM people & Miley were taped at DL not WDW.

All the performers by the castle were taped last year on the friday of the first weekend so this year they will tape these on the 5th.

They start everything early but it isn't over until around 5ish. A friend and I got there at 9am and I watched until I had to go get ready for work at four. It was really fun watching the taping.

When I was watching it christmas morning I was on the phone with my uncle and started freaking out cause I saw me on tv. If you want to be seen don't wear a red shirt and maybe not even a green shirt because everyone wears christmas colors. I had on a yellow shirt (don't have any christmas shirts) and the minnie christmas headband on.

yes, they do shoot all day for a couple of days but most of the shooting outside of the parade is the special guests as Raven said. They shoot these as they have to work around their schedule along with Disneys. They also spent a lot of the day shooting pick up shots and commercials for regis and kelly. However most of the parade that you see on tv is the early parade where CM fill in as guests. They film it several times however to have more takes of the floats as backup. There was some dude there last year named "Matt Dallas". I have no clue who he is but I am sure he's on one of those Disney shows.

Bug715

yes, they do shoot all day for a couple of days but most of the shooting outside of the parade is the special guests as Raven said. They shoot these as they have to work around their schedule along with Disneys. They also spent a lot of the day shooting pick up shots and commercials for regis and kelly. However most of the parade that you see on tv is the early parade where CM fill in as guests. They film it several times however to have more takes of the floats as backup. There was some dude there last year named "Matt Dallas". I have no clue who he is but I am sure he's on one of those Disney shows.

Is Matt Dallas the guy from Kyle XY maybe? There was some guy that looked famous as I was getting ready to head in to work and I think I saw on TV that that's who that was.

I was just stating that if you go when the park opens you will still get to see a lot of the taping. I saw the opening shot of the parade, the end of the Lion King segment, and most of the floats. I have friends who went to the taping of the castle shows and don't think they got there too early (not really a morning person) and I got there around noon that day and there was still taping going on.

RiversideBunny

..... It was kind of a shock to learn that the parade on TV does not really exist. It is just a carefully choreographed show.....

We were at WDW one Christmas Day when, on the TV in the resort room, you could see the 'Christmas Parade' going on. Bright sunshine, happy guests.
Looking outside the window of the resort room, however, you could see that it was pouring down rain.

Sometimes the magic Disney wave bends as it proceeds through the time warp of euphoria.

:king:

dmagickingdom

Is Matt Dallas the guy from Kyle XY maybe? There was some guy that looked famous as I was getting ready to head in to work and I think I saw on TV that that's who that was.

I was just stating that if you go when the park opens you will still get to see a lot of the taping. I saw the opening shot of the parade, the end of the Lion King segment, and most of the floats. I have friends who went to the taping of the castle shows and don't think they got there too early (not really a morning person) and I got there around noon that day and there was still taping going on.

I'm not really sure...maybe. It was around like 4 i guess last year. He was darked haired and wearing a black sweater.

dmagickingdom

We were at WDW one Christmas Day when, on the TV in the resort room, you could see the 'Christmas Parade' going on. Bright sunshine, happy guests.
Looking outside the window of the resort room, however, you could see that it was pouring down rain.

Sometimes the magic Disney wave bends as it proceeds through the time warp of euphoria.

:king:

yep...and that's another reason they shoot the parade 2 days in a row.

imamouse

We saw the taping in front of the castle last year - Dancing with the Stars cast and other performers. It was funny when they had to stop because Jessica Simpson forgot the words to Hark The Herald Angel Sings :lol:.

The worst part was they had taken down the wreaths and garland that are strung across Main Street for the camera cranes. It was my mom's first trip to WDW during the holidays and her first MVMCP and it just wasn't the same without the garlands. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go back another year - when they're not taping the Christmas special.

disnyfan89

Actually, if Im not mistaken, they did not put up the garlands last year until after the parade filming was over because they move the tree from next to the castle to its usal location on main street. It has nothing to do with the camera cranes (although it helps.)Why put up the garland if they are only going to have to turn around in two weeks to take it down only to put it back up.

dmagickingdom

Actually, if Im not mistaken, they did not put up the garlands last year until after the parade filming was over because they move the tree from next to the castle to its usal location on main street. It has nothing to do with the camera cranes (although it helps.)Why put up the garland if they are only going to have to turn around in two weeks to take it down only to put it back up.

yeah, you know i didn't wanna say anything cause i was not 100% but i was pretty sure it didn't come down then back up.

Bug715

They did have them up before the parade taping and I just looked at pictures I took thanksgiving day and they were up then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom