X-mas Eve/day Where To Eat?

iheartshoes

Original Poster
My family and I are going over x-mas and I was wondering what some suggestions would be for a great place to eat on Christmas eve and day...Thanks in advance!

Yellow Shoes

If you are talking about Christmas Eve / Day 2006, you will not have the pressure of making choices.

My guess is that there are no ADRs left on either day, and you will have to take what you can get.

Sorry to be so negative, but those are 2 of THE busiest days at WDW, and I would guess that everyone has the same mindset that you do, i.e., wanting a nice sit-down dinner for the holiday.

I hope for your sake that I am wrong about this, but in the meantime, try to get your mind around a Christmas hot dog from Casey's.

drew81

I had Christmas Eve dinner at Chef Mickey's last year and Christmas Day breakfast at the castle. I would take what ever you can get. There probably isn't much left to choose from.

Magicmyway

I would have to go with Liberty Tree Tavern.... it's got the characters with home-style cooking served like it would been in colonial days...how can you go wrong... it worked on Mickey's Christmas Carol!!

slappy magoo

Allow me to add to the bummer. At this point, think less about where you'd like to eat and focus on getting reservations anywhere. I'd say go out right now and get Birnbaum's Guide to WDW (if you don't have it already). Call 407-WDW-DINE, and while you're on hold, pick a few restaurants you'd like to try, write them down. I'd focus less on restaurants in the parks and more on resorts, there's a better chance they will be less crowded (that doesn't mean they won't be, just that the odds are slightly better). When a cast member picks up, ask him/her about reservations, and pick odd times at 5 minute intervals (6:35 instead of 6:30). Also pick late times, within 20 minutes of the restaurant closing the kitchen. You can try character meals, but I wouldn't bet on it. Keep plugging away until you have some reservations, if it's at all possible. People book Xmas Eve and day at the end of June, so best of luck to you.

Here are restaurants that I think are good, and perhaps not as busy as others:

Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary)
Boatwright's (Port Orelans-Riverside)
Boma or Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Cape May Cafe (Clam Bake DInner at Beach Club)
Citiricos (Grand Floridian)
Olivia's (OKW)
Artist Point or Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge, but Whispering Canyon will probably be packed)
Shula's Steak House (Dolphin)
Yachtsman's Steakhouse (Yacht Club)

As far as the parks go, your best bets might be in Epcot, simply because there are so many resturants to choose from:

Garden Grill (character meal, probably not possible)
Alfredo's (not a favorite of mine, but really not a favorite of anyone's so you might get reservations here)
Resturant Marrakesh
Rose and Crown
San Angel

I really wish you the best of luck, you'll need it.

Nicole

Good luck. I recently had to make reservations for later that week and the pickings were slim. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are going to be unlikely.

So...I'd suggest Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom, Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom, the Electric Umbrella at Epcot, and the Commissary at the Studios. Or your resort's food court, or the McDonald's at Downtown Disney or over by the All Stars.

There are going to be places you will be able to eat. They just probably aren't going to be very relaxing.

mrstrain

I made my ADRs for Christmas Eve/Day in August when I booked our room reservation. Times were available at that time but I still had to compromise with the CM on some times (CP Dinner package on 12/23 and MVMCP dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern on 12/21). We (DH, DS and me) are eating at Ohana's for Christmas Eve and Rose n Crown (crossing fingers for patio seat for Illuminations) for Christmas Dinner. Of course we also scheduled Boma for Christmas breakfast.
I know there are still times available since I changed our Ohana's ADR to earlier time just last week, but I had to either go really early (5:35) or really late (8:45). My originial time was for 7:20pm and DH wanted to eat earlier.
Just be flexible and I'm sure the CMs will find something for you.
Happy Holidays!:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom