Wyndham Bonnet Resort

draybook

Original Poster
We arrived a day early today and got a room at WBC. WOW, loving it. Glad you started this thread, @draybook, otherwise we might have overlooked it.

Awesome! Please make sure to take plenty of pictures of it. So far we have two trips planned for next year, one in September and another in December. We're booked at AKL for September but we might try WBC for the December trip.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Awesome! Please make sure to take plenty of pictures of it. So far we have two trips planned for next year, one in September and another in December. We're booked at AKL for September but we might try WBC for the December trip.
main lobby area, very spacious
20141211_145151.jpg

Pool area
20141211_145229.jpg

Starbucks in the lobby
20141211_205157.jpg

Ice cream next to Starbucks
20141211_205224.jpg

Will post more soon. Hope they help. I must say, we are very impressed. Extremely clean and great service. $18 for parking, $18 hotel fee per day, but room came in at $133 total with all fees. Definitely worth it. Sitting at the bar now enjoying a beer amd there is a live piano player. Very nice.

BigRedDad

OK, we ave been back for 2 weeks now. I cannot tell you more good things about this resort. The location is incredible. I do recommend having your own car and an AP for parking. There are tons of activities that go on through out the day. Depending on your room, you can see the firworks from Epcot AND MK. They have putt putt golf, ping pong, shuffleboard, and a bunch of other things to do.

You are 5 minutes from Boardwalk and DHS. 7 minutes to Epcot. 7-10 minutes to AK and MK. DTD is not to far, but the construction traffic has delays. You will face this with Disney buses as well.

You will not be sorry for staying there. The "Deluxe" rooms are on par if not better than Disney Deluxe rooms. I can only imagine a Presidential room will far surpass it. I would also recommend searching for Timeshare renters. You can probably get a 2BR for $100 a night. It is only a little more than the $85 you saw, but you get the extra bedroom and extra bathroom. It is worth the $15 per night. You also do not need to pay taxes which makes it about break even.

BigRedDad

No, you cannot walk to the parks. I think that would be a heck of a walk and on a very busy street. After a day of walking, I would not want a 2-3 mile walk back to the resort.

khale1970

If budget is your biggest concern Wyndham Bonnet Creek wins hands down. It's a nice place but not nearly as nice as AKL. If quality is your biggest concern go with AKL. You'll be trading for a smaller room, but the overall quality of the resort is much higher. You can't go wrong with either one if you get a good rate, but I'd recommend BC or YC if you want the best resort on property (IMHO) that with a good discount is also a great value.

BigRedDad

WBC: Best option for $120 or less a night.
AKL: Best priced Deluxe resort at about $250+ per night
BC/YC: Great resort with best pool at $300+ per night.

If budget is the biggest issue, then WBC cannot be beat.

montyz81

WBC is a great resort. It is about as close to WDW as you can get (we stayed in a room that looked over Illuminations every night). If you are thinking non-Disney resort, this is the place to stay. I just confirmed a week long stay (7 nights) through RCI for $200 for the entire week. That said, I still think a stay at a place like Beach Club resort makes WBC feel like a Holiday Inn if you want that Disney feel. $200 for the week is just way too hard to pass up.

cedardad

We are staying here in June for 9 nights. We have a 2 bedroom reserved and I can't wait. After driving by it for several years and knowing how great it is we are giving it a try. It will be our first time staying off site but with 8 of us going plus a toddler I think the extra room with be worth it.
You will love it there. WBC is the reason I could never stay in a Disney hotel room again.

wdwmomof3

I sure hope so! My family has began to grown now with my first grand baby here so if everyone goes with us this is the best value and the most comfortable too. Since my husband is not a Disney Parks person who had rather hang out at the resort I really think this will be more comfortable for him too. As a matter of fact, he wasn't going to go with us this time until he found out we are staying here. Ha must have seen something that impressed him. :)

We've been PAP holders for years and have stayed at pretty much all the WDW resorts, from value to deluxe. At one time, I swore we'd never stay off-site. Now that our 3 kids are older, we need S-P-A-C-E. So...we took a chance a year ago and tried WBC...and LOVED it! So far, we've visited 3 times over the past year...and we're about to make another trip in April. Of course, every time we've stayed, we've lucked into a very recently refurbished unit and, while we've never had an absolutely fantastic view, we could see some fireworks from our balcony and the pools were convenient. Speaking of pools, my kiddos love to pool (and hot tub) hop here! There are 5 pools, 2 water slides, 2 lazy rivers, and 8 hot tubs. The walk around the lake alone can keep them out of my hair for a good 30 minutes. :) Aside from the facilities, we haven't used WDW buses in years and years. I can't stand being packed in like a can of sardines or waiting in long lines to board a bus. With an AP, there's no charge to park. EMH? Again, we haven't used them in years. We no longer commando tour. In fact, we tend to spend a couple of hours at a park, go back to our resort to swim and snack, then return to a park. Lately, we've been spending more time at US anyway. (Something else I never thought we'd do!) BTW, our last on-site visit was 10 days at AKL. The rooms at WBC are far nicer...and I've never had to lay in wait for a chair by the pool either. :)

Miceberg

Stayed here two years ago and it was AWESOME!! The location & rooms are great. We could see fireworks from our balcony. I'd stay here again without any hesitation.

Nubs70

Just stayed at WBC in February. Would really consider another stay. 2 bed/2bath unit is huge when compared to a Disney room.

Oh to add, there is enough space where the kids are in their room and the parents in their room. (Where grown ups can do grown up things).

Last edited:

BigRedDad

You may be surprised. Renting a car and buying an AP in almost all cases is cheaper than a 2BR at WDW. It is also probably cheaper than a studio room at a Deluxe still. AP ($650 for easy math), rental car ($350), 2 BR seluxe ($750). This is $1,750 for 7 nights. Even at $250 per night for a deluxe at WDW, you are breaking even. Also, you do not have a ticket yet. Not often will you get a deluxe studio for $250 after taxes at any of their resorts.

It is definitely not for everyone. I was skeptical at first as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom