WWYD: before Halloween Party

tem325

Original Poster
So, we are going in Sept. I have MNSSHP tickets for our last night in WDW, 9/28. We are either going to the Studios or AK that day due to crowd levels. BUT, I'm thinking going to Epcot just for dinner and then over to the MK is CRAZY, but I'd hate to go to WDW and not eat a dinner at the World Showcase. Paradiso 37 is the only dinner I'm willing to switch on, so my question is---should i ditch that for an Epcot dinner and do something at either AK, HS, or a MK resort on Sunday before the Halloween party? Or, should we just ditch the HW party? (We're a childless in our 30's couple, I really wanted a late evening in the park and this was the only way to do it, but if it's not worth it, then, I could forgo the HW party)

THANKS in advance for your recs!

Right now here are my dinner reservations:

Thurs: CGrille
Fri: Paradiso 37 a DTD
Sat: O'Hana
Sun: Chefs De France at Epcot

DisneyAubs

To be honest, I've never eaten at Paradiso 37...so I can't weigh in on what you'd missing out on there.

But I do LOVE the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! We've done it twice, and never with kids. The first time was on our honeymoon and the second time was on another all-adults trip. I wouldn't miss it. We also did it on our last night and I think that made it even more special. We stayed in the parks until the very end, running around like kids, sucking every ounce of Disney magic out of our last night. We were a little sleep deprived on the way home, but we were flying so it was no issue.

And also, don't be afraid to dress up!!!

JohnD

I think you're going to waste precious time going to an ADR before going to the party. Choosing whether to go to the party is easy. Either you pay for the tickets or you don't. If you don't, adjust your schedule to get an ADR where you want. But you said you already paid for the tickets...

If the party is a "must do", remember you can enter the park as early as 4. But the party starts officially at 7. Either eat CS in MK or you could get an ADR at a resort nearby in the 4-6pm time frame before hopping to MK.

Mukta

I would not miss the Halloween party. I have never taken kids to the party and my fellow adults and I always have a blast.

Eat a TS lunch at Epcot on your Epcot day and spend as much time at the party as possible.

tem325

Original Poster
Thanks, everybody!! Your ideas helped a lot--especially for someone who's never done the Halloween party.

So, right now, we decided to hold our QS food till we're at the MK in the evening. We're going to do the morning at the HS and usually can get everything we like in by 1-2 pm, so I booked a late lunch/early big dinner at the Brown Derby at the HS before heading back to the hotel for a freshen up, then to the Halloween party.

Mukta

Thanks, everybody!! Your ideas helped a lot--especially for someone who's never done the Halloween party.

So, right now, we decided to hold our QS food till we're at the MK in the evening. We're going to do the morning at the HS and usually can get everything we like in by 1-2 pm, so I booked a late lunch/early big dinner at the Brown Derby at the HS before heading back to the hotel for a freshen up, then to the Halloween party.

That is a wonderful plan ! Just remember that not all QS places will be open during MNSSHP. Don't know what will be open this year, but here is what was open last year.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/what-restaurants-are-open-during-mnsshp.872256/

BuddyThomas

They let you in at 4PM as has already been noted. When we went last year, we did a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern for around 6, I think, but we were unable to be seated until around 7 or so because, as the hostess put it, the restaurant was filled with "campers"--- day trippers without party tickets who had finished their meals but would not give up their tables until the party started so they could see some of it on the way out. Very annoying but it ended up being a great time anyway.

armyfamilyof5

I wouldn't miss the Boo to You parade, it is my favorite! You can always get an adr and eat at The Plaza or get a dog at Casey's. The fireworks are also excellent. Sounds like you've got a great plan. Don't forget your costumes, one of the few times you get to dress up and go out as an adult and not feel totally silly doing it!

Matt_Black

If I'm not mistaken, that day corresponds with the Food & Wine Festival. Looking at the calendar, it's a Sunday, so there's a very good chance that World Showcase will be packed with drunk people. If you're going to do Epcot that day, stick to Future World or be prepared to wade through a sea of inebriation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom