Wwmjd?

barnum42

nibblesandbits said:
don't look for Ms. Right...enjoy casually dating...you don't need to find THE ONE right away...Ms. Right will show up when it's time.

When I met what's his face, I was NOT looking for him. Matter fact, dating someone serious like this was the furthest thing from my mind. I had JUST broken up with someone and I realized that I just wanted to casually date. Little did I know that casually dating someone would turn into being THE ONE.
The whole post was great. I've highlighted the above as they are particularly good - don't get too serious too fast and that it may come along when you are not looking. The latter is what happened with me and my GF.

I had literally just been dumped and the GF was too busy setting up a new business to bother with a new relationship...

barnum42

STR8FAN2005 said:
Sigh...I was born with a mental block when it comes to this. My brain won't let me do it...
STR8FAN2005 said:
I've done it plenty of times...Just not in a while. It has only not been bad twice...The rest have been dreadful.
Well, you have to get back on the horse. Two not bads is good. Concentrate on them.

Any "dreadful" incident just proves that girl was not for you. No sweat, it just saved you a lot of trouble in the future

barnum42

STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, it is just many things.

First, none of my friends came to LSU, and I haven't really made any friends since I've got here. I have friends, but not the like the ones back home.

Second, I seem to have been born with the deficiency of not being able to attract girls, or even approach them. I know I'll never understand them completely, but there has to be some way to figure them out. This whole girl thing has always been a source of trouble for me, and it just gets worse. If this part of the puzzle could be solved, I may find peace...momentarily... I suppose my biggest problem is shyness.

Third, and this just hit me about 30 minutes ago, I don't know if I really want to be a lawyer or a businessman. I like to think of myself as a creative person. I come up with designs and idea all of the time, but I don't know what to do with that...Look what I did with one crazy little post by Connor about bringing a waffle iron to Luke's house...If I could just find some way, some way to do something with this gift like Disney, Rowling, and Lucas have done.

Fourth, I haven't had the pleasure of sleeping in my bedroom or my house for about 8 months. This whole not having a house thing is finally getting to me.

Fifth, Calculus is killing me.

Re. Friends: The friends back home, you have had a much longer time to bond with so it’s not unusual that your new friends are not like them so it’s probably not a good idea to use them as a yardstick. Enjoy your new friends for who they are and continue to see the bonds develop.

Re. Creativity: Being a creative person myself I can relate to this. However, most people in the creative industry are poor - how many times did Disney go bust? Rowling was stone-broke but struck lucky with Potter. You may just need a “proper job” to keep you in food and roof whilst you work on a creative project.

I can’t personally relate to the being away from home at college thing, but when home left me I had no bed to call my own for about five years. Made it all the more satisfying when I bought my current home.

Calculus – talk to your teacher and see if they can help you out, it’s what they are paid to do.

Girls – Be yourself, don’t try to be what you think girls want. Being yourself means that when you find a girl who is interested, then they are interested in YOU not the fake idea of what they think you are.

Realise that girls get lots of guys asking them out so don’t take it personally when they turn you down, just keep alert for the next person to ask.

Read and re-read Nibs posts ;)

MommytoMJM

Good Morning Joe, Juggles. It's been forever since we have chatted! I'm up early to take Andrew to work, MJ to the Dietician/GI and over to Epcot for F&G Festival with my friend Maddie and her daughter Miriam. Guess I should start getting ready huh?

MommytoMJM

Yay! For Spring Break almost being over!!!! The parks will go back to manageable for a few weeks...

(and Mad and Betty will be less vrazy)

(and the boys will be bummed)

tigsmom

MommytoMJM said:
Okay, anyone else here do the Disney pin thing?

I collect them, but haven't really done too many trades. Princess #2 is a fearless trader and actually made a trade with the guy who runs the AK! :eek:
He was very impressed at how polite she was at such a tender age (she was only 8 then). :)

The mermaid collects sets of pins (especially the Little Mermaid), but doesn't trade.

DisneyBunny

Morning.

Bad night last night for me. Got woken up by the in-laws who wanted to know where the nearest 24 hour Vet was. They had to rush their cat ,Indy, there, and eventually put him down. I'm not even sure what the problem was, it sounded neurological. He was paralyzed. Poor thing. :(

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
Morning.

Bad night last night for me. Got woken up by the in-laws who wanted to know where the nearest 24 hour Vet was. They had to rush their cat ,Indy, there, and eventually put him down. I'm not even sure what the problem was, it sounded neurological. He was paralyzed. Poor thing. :(

Oh Krystyna!
So sorry. How old was Indy?

Uponastar

STR8FAN2005 said:
An hour from now, Calculus is going to either ruin my day or make it better...I'd rather the latter, but I just don't see it happening...

Think positive thoughts, Michael! :)
We're pulling for you!

tigsmom

DisneyBunny said:
Morning.

Awww... I hate to see animals suffer

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
Oh Krystyna!
So sorry. How old was Indy?

Indy wasn't that old - maybe 9 or 10. He still had many years left in him. It was just horrible to be able to hear his screams of pain on the other end of the phone, and I wasn't even the one on the phone. Marc took the call, and I could hear him from the other side of the room.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night. I hate to think of any animal suffering. I've had my fair share of horrible nights in the Pet ER though. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom