WS Mnemonic

makc

Original Poster
Has everyone heard the new mnemonic for the planets? My Very Exciting Magic Carpet Just Sailed Under Nine Palace Elephants. And if you're wondering, it was inspired by Aladdin.
This got me thinking...
Why not come up with a mnemonic for the World Showcase countries at Epcot? In my opinion, it should start with Mexico and end with Canada. After all, this is the way the map lists them. There are a couple of snags. USA and the UK. I suggest using A for America and U for United Kingdom. So here is what we would have...

MNCGIAJMFUC.

Give it your best shot. And Disney-themed mnemonics get extra points.

MaryMcMagic

I thought the same thing when I read this article yesterday...so I wiki'd Ceres and Eris...They were included because they are 'dwarf planets'. Another Disney reference! Ha ha!

GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A fourth-grader at Riverview Elementary School has won the National Geographic planetary mnemonic contest, developing a handy way to remember the newly assigned 11 planets, including three dwarfs.

National Geographic Children's Books created the contest in response to the recent announcement by the scientific community that there are now 11 recognized planets — Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Eris. Ceres, Pluto and Eris are considered dwarf planets.
Maryn Smith's winning mnemonic is My Very Exciting Magic Carpet Just Sailed Under Nine Palace Elephants.
Smith's mnemonic will be published in astronomer David Aguilar's next National Geographic book, "11 Planets: A New View of the Solar System." It also will be recorded into a song by Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter Lisa Loeb. Both are scheduled to be released in March.

WDWFREAK53

Has everyone heard the new mnemonic for the planets? My Very Exciting Magic Carpet Just Sailed Under Nine Palace Elephants. And if you're wondering, it was inspired by Aladdin.
This got me thinking...
Why not come up with a mnemonic for the World Showcase countries at Epcot? In my opinion, it should start with Mexico and end with Canada. After all, this is the way the map lists them. There are a couple of snags. USA and the UK. I suggest using A for America and U for United Kingdom. So here is what we would have...

MNCGIAJMFUC.

Give it your best shot. And Disney-themed mnemonics get extra points.

Many Numerous Changes Guarantee Intelligent Animatronics Journeying Merrily For Umpteen Characters.

(This is in regards to Lucky, Muppet Labs, etc.)

makc

Original Poster
I love it as well, but I don't think I can teach it to my children, which is half of the point. It is hard to imagine one topping that for adults, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom