Rumor Wreck-It-Ralph Attraction Likely to Replace Stitch’s Great Escape

CoasterSnoop

Somehow I don’t think the “world as a dump” is the tomorrow Walt was going for.
You jest, but Disney addressing climate change and the many innovations being created right now to combat it could make for the best thing to happen to Future World in decades. They could even use this Wall-E based pavilion to mouth off about their own Conservation Fund and energy usage methods in the parks, as they love to do.

But more likely we'd get "funny robot in spaceship wow!" which is my personal problem with the idea of more established IP in Tomorrowland. Not that it couldn't fit, just that my faith in the company to make good on how far a concept like that could be pushed is at an all-time low.

UNCgolf

I think they should add Wreck-It-Ralph. Not in the Stitch location though. Indy Speedway becomes enclosed and the building is an extension of Light and Power Company which now becomes Flynn's arcade. One entrance leads to Tron...the other Sugar Rush. Look at how the MarioKart ride at Uni is...and do something akin to that with the augmented reality (leaving the same driving ability it has now) but themed to Wreck-It-Ralph. It would be a perfect blend from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland.

But the Mario Kart ride at Universal looks abysmally bad (and I've also heard bad things from people who have been on it); why would you want to replicate it?

EDIT: Just realized you only wanted to add AR to the existing ride, not copy the entire Mario Kart ride! Sorry for misreading.

Last edited:

WDWFREAK53

But the Mario Kart ride at Universal looks abysmally bad (and I've also heard bad things from people who have been on it); why would you want to replicate it?

EDIT: Just realized you only wanted to add AR to the existing ride, not copy the entire Mario Kart ride! Sorry for misreading.
While I've only seen rough videos of it, the concept of the ride system doesn't make sense for the subject matter.
But you got it. Just update the cars, add augmented reality, close it in and create a new world but keep the same basic ride system that kids love.

UNCgolf

While I've only seen rough videos of it, the concept of the ride system doesn't make sense for the subject matter.
But you got it. Just update the cars, add augmented reality, close it in and create a new world but keep the same basic ride system that kids love.

Yeah, that's the issue -- why would you design a racing ride that moves at the speed of a person walking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom