WOW This is alot of work! Our Dinner Plan

ShellyT

WOW this is alot of work! We are planning our 1st WDW vacation and hubby and I sat down last night and came up with a dinner plan.

We will have breakfast in our hotel room.

Here it is:

Thurs: Arrival Afternoon Go to Dinner: Wolfgang Pucks
Fri: All day at MK Lunch Cosmic Rays / Dinner: Liberty Tree
Sat: All day MGM Lunch: Backlot / Dinner: Fantasmic Show Holly & Vine
Sun: AK ½ Day Lunch: Tusker House / MK ½ Day Dinner: Whispering Canyon
Mon: Epcot Lunch Tanierine Cafe / Dinner: Boatwrights (at our hotel)
Tues: Departing ½ Day at MK Lunch: Pecos Bills

So being that we have never been before, I basically went with foods I thought we would enjoy and feedback from the boards. Does it all look ok? It's funny, it took us about 3 hours just to come up with that :)

Now I need to make PS's for dinners. But how do I know what time to reserve? We plan to eat dinner as late as possible but without knowing what time the parks stay open, how would we know?

Also does anyone know if there is a charge to go into Downtown Disney West Side where Wolfgangs is?

Thanks so much for any info! This board is so wonderful!!! :)

wannabeBelle

First off as far as breakfast in your room NO!!!! you are staying at PO Riverside which has one of the BEST breakfast places in all of WDW!! Make sure you get over to this great restaurant and grab some Banana Stuffed French Toast, a BluePrint omlette with as many fixin's as you choose to put in, or my personal favorite the Blueberry pancakes. These are so good I just put a tiny smidge of butter on them and WOW!!! As far as the lunch & Dinner things I will review them a bit later as I have just been called into a meeting!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

As far as breakfast in the room, I think this is ok because it will save you quite a bit of $. Though as Belle said I agree that PO Riverside is one of the best places for breakfast, so maybe one day you can indulge and do that.

With the PS times, I think thats sort of a judgement call for you to make. But both of the inpark restaurants you are going to are at MGM and MK. From experience of going all different times of the year, these parks have never been closed before 9:00. And do you really wanna eat dinner after 9 anyway? I know I'd be starving by then!

There is no charge to get into DTD West Side where Wolfgang Pucks is. The only charge in DTD is admission into Pleasure Island (nightclubs). Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

ShellyT

Original Poster
OH WOW didn't know that! :)

Ok which place is it that has the Best breakfast? We aren't big breakfast eaters at all, so we were just going to have like a ceral bar or something but I may have to add on a couple days of breakfast as what you describe sounds yummy!

Please let me know. Thank you so much for all your help!! :)

Upvote 0

ShellyT

Original Poster
Divine, thank you so much! That helps alot! And you are right, don't want to eat at 9 pm. LOL! But I thought like MK closed like at 6 pm during Sept? Do you know?

Thanks bunches!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK I Am back!!! Definitely schedule in a day or three as a treat. Trust me Boatwright's is awesome!!!! As far as the other stuff:
Thurs: Arrival Afternoon Go to Dinner: Wolfgang Pucks Dont know as I have never eaten there
Fri: All day at MK Lunch Cosmic Rays / Dinner: Liberty Tree Good choices
Sat: All day MGM Lunch: Backlot / Dinner: Fantasmic Show Holly & Vine Fine choices, I prefer the 50's Prime Time but it isnt part of the Fantasmic Package.
Sun: AK ½ Day Lunch: Tusker House / MK ½ Day Dinner: Whispering Canyon Good choices
Mon: Epcot Lunch Tanierine Cafe / Dinner: Boatwrights (at our hotel) I wouldnt recommend this, There are so many awesome choices for food in World Showcase. I would strongly recommend Le Cellier in Canada or Teppanyaki Grill in Japan at around 6-6:30 pm as the fireworks generally go off at 9 in EPCOT regardless of the time of year!!
Tues: Departing ½ Day at MK Lunch: Pecos Bills Good choice
All of my answers are in purple so you can see them better. Belle

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

So I assume you are going in September. This year or next year?

I went to Disneyworld.com and clicked on the calendar for park hours. The latest month that they show times for is August '05, and the earliest that the MK closes anyday in August is 9 PM. MGM is 8:30, though it seems like Fantasmic shows run past "official" park closing times from my experience.

Though the times for Sept aren't posted yet, I'd assume they wouldn't be much different than Aug, though I've never gone in Sept. Can anyone who has been there in Sept verify this?

I recently made Priority Seatings for our trip next week and the lady answering the phone was extremely helpful. I had NO idea what time to book, so I asked her what was available. Surely they only list availabilty by traditional park hours for that time of year and they could help you out!

All of the places you selected for meals are very good, either from my own experience or hearing things from others!

Upvote 0

ypcat

Those are good choices, of course I haven't met a restaraunt at WDW that I didn't like. I do have a couple of suggestions though.

There are so many great places at Epcot to eat, it almost makes me cry to see you only have a counter service meal there. I'd drop Boatwrights from Monday dinner (do a breakfast there, yum) and get a late PS at Rose & Crown. Try to get a table on the balcony and you'll have a great spot for Illuminations.

I don't remember your kids ages, but you might think about adding some character meals too. Our 2 year old loved them when we went last month, and last summer they were a big hit with my 7 year old son too. Heck, when we went on our honeymoon a few years ago, my wife and I had a blast at Crystal Palace. You already have Liberty Tree, which is really good, but you might think about adding another if your kids are into the characters.

Whatever you choose it is hard to pick a bad place. The worst part is there are so many great places and only so much one can eat (and one's wallet can afford).

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

ShellyT said:
WOW this is alot of work! We are planning our 1st WDW vacation and hubby and I sat down last night and came up with a dinner plan.

We will have breakfast in our hotel room.

Here it is:

Thurs: Arrival Afternoon Go to Dinner: Wolfgang Pucks
Fri: All day at MK Lunch Cosmic Rays / Dinner: Liberty Tree
Sat: All day MGM Lunch: Backlot / Dinner: Fantasmic Show Holly & Vine
Sun: AK ½ Day Lunch: Tusker House / MK ½ Day Dinner: Whispering Canyon
Mon: Epcot Lunch Tanierine Cafe / Dinner: Boatwrights (at our hotel)
Tues: Departing ½ Day at MK Lunch: Pecos Bills

So being that we have never been before, I basically went with foods I thought we would enjoy and feedback from the boards. Does it all look ok? It's funny, it took us about 3 hours just to come up with that :)

Now I need to make PS's for dinners. But how do I know what time to reserve? We plan to eat dinner as late as possible but without knowing what time the parks stay open, how would we know?

Also does anyone know if there is a charge to go into Downtown Disney West Side where Wolfgangs is?

Thanks so much for any info! This board is so wonderful!!! :)

All of your dining choices are terrific. Especially Whispering Canyon, Cosmic Rays, Hollywoond and Vine and Pecos Bills!

As far as reserving, I usually determine them by the fireworks shows. I never want to miss them. So, we usually have an early dinner (6pmish), so that we could have time to get good seats. But it seems like you want to wait as late as possible. When do you plan on going? You can check times at disneyworld.com to find out and plan accordingly. Or the cast member while reserving your priority seating can help you.

And there is no charge for entering the West Side for Wolfgangs. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

ShellyT

Original Poster
Thanks so much everyone!

We are going this Sept. YEAH! :)

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions! I will look right now into eating a sit down at Epcot instead of Boatwrights and fo Boatwrights for breakfast!

You all are Great! Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I agree with what has already been said, the CM at Dining (1 407 WDW DINE) probably would be able to give you at least tentative times. If there is a problem they will call you back. It has happened to me once. I was quite surprised to have gotten a call from Cinderella's Royal Table on my answering machine that one time!!! I would plan dinners at least 1 1/2 hours prior to the fireworks times or as close to that as you can manage. Go for closer to 2 hours if you eat slow like I do. Character Meals are just wonderful!!! For dinner I had loved Chef Mickey's ( maybe substitute this for Wolfgang Pucks?) and for breakfast Crystal Palace is always great!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Oh Incidentally if you are still going to do Wolfgang Puck's for dinner for the first night, make sure you take the Boat Launch from PO Riverside to the Downtown Disney area or back. I think it only runs till 11:00pm or so, double check the times with the Front desk when you check in as they do change seasonally I think!!! The Boat is a bit longer than the bus to Downtown area but it is very relaxing and takes you by PO French Quarter and Saratoga Springs!!! Belle

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I've been to all but a few of your picks and they all look great to me! There's so much good eating there.

My friend and I are about to start our dining plan as well... I'm sure it'll take us at least three hours too. :lol:

Enjoy!!

-Aaron

Upvote 0

ShellyT

Original Poster
Thanks!

Do you think Chef Mickey's would be better to have then Wolfgang? We just choose that since we would be in Downtown Disney that night(not in the parks).

Or do you think Chef Mickeys would be better then Liberty Tree?

Thanks again. You all are the Best!

Upvote 0

ShellyT

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Oh Incidentally if you are still going to do Wolfgang Puck's for dinner for the first night, make sure you take the Boat Launch from PO Riverside to the Downtown Disney area or back. Belle

Yes that is what we were going to do! I thought that would be nice. We arrive around 3:00 pm and aren't doing any parks that night so I thought it would be nice to hang around the hotel and then take the boat and head down to Downtown Disney for the night. Thanks for the tip on the boats hours. I will be sure to ask. Do you by any chance know if there is a fee to ride it?

Also what hours do the buses stop running? LOL just don't want us to be stuck in downtown :) Althought we plan to call it an early night so we can wake up bright and early for MK!!! YEAH!!! :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK there is definitely NOT a fee for the boat it is completely free. They may ask to see resort ID though. The boat stops running quite a bit earlier than the buses, as I said I am pretty sure it is 11 pm but just ask to double check me. All of the busses run until at least 1 hour after the "park" closing time. This includes Downtown Disney They do announce the last bus time back as it gets later in the day but as the clubs at Pleasure Island dont close until after 2 am, I dont think you have anything to worry about!!!!!!
OK Chef Mickey's vs. Wolfgang Pucks....This I cant help with as I have never eaten at WOflgang Pucks!!! Anyone else on this one???
Chef Mickey's Vs Liberty Tree Tavern. This is a tough one. I love the atmosphere of LTT, so colonial. Being right in the middle of the park is a nice thing as well. I like the steak and the turkey is OK. The sides are all good as well ( mac and cheese is a little softer than I prefer my macaroni normally but not horrible) I MUCH preferred the honey ham they used to have there as opposed to the smoked Pork Loin chops they have now. I havent found them to be very good ( Although I adore the Pork loin at the 50's Prime Time) and that kinda turns it off for me. In December that just past I went to Chef Mickey's for the first time for dinner and thought it was wonderful. I thought the atmosphere was nice, the characters of course were wonderful. The Selection of foods is more plentiful and diverse at Chef Mickey's as opposed to LTT. Of the two I would do Chef Mickey's again before I would do LTT.
Now a real shoot out would be between O'Hanas in the Polynesian and Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary.
Menu for CM :http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_cmk.htm
Click Here for some pictures: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cont16.jpg
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cont9.jpg

Menu for O'Hanas: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_oh.htm
Click here for a picture: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/poly43.jpg

Polynesian Flair and dinner without the characters, all you can eat which is served to your table in a very stylized restuarant. There are games and activities all throughout dinner for the young ones as well as some of the more adventurous older ones such as myself!!! Have I managed to completely muddy the waters yet?? Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there I just read over the menu from Wolfgang Puck's. It seems that there is a bit more exotic fare there. Then again I would hope that would be the case considering the chef whose name it bears!!!! Chef Mickey's has much more simple fare along with a section for the little ones specifically. Of the two I Am going to cast my vote for Chef Mickey's on this one. Belle

Upvote 0

tecowdw

DivineMadness7 said:
With the PS times, I think thats sort of a judgement call for you to make. But both of the inpark restaurants you are going to are at MGM and MK. From experience of going all different times of the year, these parks have never been closed before 9:00. And do you really wanna eat dinner after 9 anyway? I know I'd be starving by then!
I have been to WDW every September for quite a few years. The MK has nearly always closed around 6 or 7 pm during the week as this is one of the slowest periods. Last year was the only September I have not gone for a very long time so perhaps this is different since Wishes began (in late 2003?). Remember, the park only has to be open as late as a little after sunset even with Wishes. And it starts getting darker sooner later this month already. Night of Joy occurs the week of Labor Day so expect MK to close at 6 on those evenings with no Wishes.

Upvote 0

deloon9571

September in MK

Every time we have gone to Disney has been labor day weekend. We always add an extra day on the beginning of the trip because MK closes at 7:00 after Labor Day. We're going this Sept:sohappy: , with 12 people and I'm in the same boat, I'm not sure what time to reserve dinner because I don't know what time any of the fireworks are.

Have fun :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom