Wow! Monorail Orange.

peter11435

Yes, I know that they switch destinations just about every trip. That is the way it works with bus transportation, but, it is preset and the only time it changes would be if some event or interruption makes it necessary to modify.
It's not preset at all. The next route for a bus is often not determined until it has already arrived at its destination.

Goofyernmost

There is no time schedule for the buses and they are individually dispatched for most routes much of the time. The bus that drops you off at Epcot from Pop century will likely not return to pop century but rather will be dispatched to a different resort based on demand.

If a driver is off at 12 for example and they return to Epcot at 1115 they will likely be dispatched to run another route before being replaced. If they delay their arrival a few minutes so there is not enough time to run another route they will be replaced before doing so.

There actually is a team of dispatchers monitoring and dispatching drivers and buses.
Nope, not how it works at all. It would be total madness. Besides if they aren't scheduled to be off until 12 who would replace them? Where would they go? And how would they have gotten that far ahead of schedule? I don't know where you are getting your information from, but, it is way, way off. There are dispatchers, but, without a game plan they have nothing but confusion. Dispatchers primarily make decision on how to handle oddities that happen in a day. Otherwise... things just run according to predetermined plans.

peter11435

Wrong, and I'm sure of it. It might be altered if there is a problem to address, but, otherwise, they know where they are going all day long.
This is wrong. A driver that is based at the Epcot hub may start his day running a route from CBR to Epcot but what resort he will go to after that is not predetermined. He will generally always run routes from resorts to Epcot but which resort will be dispatched to him each time. A driver does not know which route he will be driving all day except in some specific instances.

Driver

This is wrong. A driver that is based at the Epcot hub may start his day running a route from CBR to Epcot but what resort he will go to after that is not predetermined. He will generally always run routes from resorts to Epcot but which resort will be dispatched to him each time. A driver does not know which route he will be driving all day except in some specific instances.
You got this part right

Creathir

You're very close to being right
My guess would be a computer system is monitoring demand and changing routes dynamically throughout the day.

It is aware of the "estimated time" between legs of the route, and when what driver comes on or goes off shift. It likely organizes the route in order to maximize throughput while decreasing fuel waste as much as possible.

My guess is the driver probably has a pretty good idea which stops they will be hitting for the coming 2-4 stops, but their schedule changes depending on reported/estimated demand.

Just guessing though.

Driver

My guess would be a computer system is monitoring demand and changing routes dynamically throughout the day.

It is aware of the "estimated time" between legs of the route, and when what driver comes on or goes off shift. It likely organizes the route in order to maximize throughput while decreasing fuel waste as much as possible.

My guess is the driver probably has a pretty good idea which stops they will be hitting for the coming 2-4 stops, but their schedule changes depending on reported/estimated demand.

Just guessing though.
you have a few pieces as well

montyz81

So, does this all mean they will come out and announce the automation is complete after all the consists are done being painted?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom