WOW I am NOT a happy camper!!!

DisneyPrincess5

WOW...

So for the first time ever, I was excited to book our ADRs on the online system.
Looks like I won't be doing that however!

We arrive 4/27/12-today is our 180 mark. We are staying on property, which means we're allowed to book +10. After JUST logging in with site and entering the same resort reservation number to look at our reservation, the dining system is not allowing me to book +10 as it cannot confirm our resort reservation??? I've tried like 8 times, even copying and pasting the reservation number from Disney's email to make sure I am not typing it incorrectly and it still says it doesn't exist.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm kind of upset-I've been looking forward to this as a happy moment and I'm ticked! I guess I'll just have to wait until 7am to call instead. Bummer. Hope we don't lose out on anything we want!

HouCuseChickie

I remember last year wishing there was some way to test that the system recognized your # in anticipation of doing 180+10 booking. Of course, there's no guarantee that the system won't "choose" to have a meltdown right when you need it, but considering how many of us count down the days until 180 and plan like crazy to find the perfect balance of adrs and back up adrs just in case...it's soooooo frustrating to find the system not working at that moment. I had issues the first few minutes this first time I booked adrs at day 180 and I felt like screaming and crying (not a good idea at 5am:lookaroun). I'm glad you were able to call and get everything you wanted. Still crazy frustrating just like conveyed in your original post.

Upvote 0

lbrad

A couple of things with the Disney website and reservation system....

1. Use either IE or Chrome as your browser. Disney's site is notoriously bad with Firefox and Safari.
2. Do not cut and paste your conformation number. I have no idea why but I have run into multiple situations where cutting and pasting would not work but typing the conformation does.
3. If you run into issues clear your cookies, cache, etc and restart your system.
4. When all else fails just call.

An aside: How do you "clear cookies"???

Someone told me to do that over the summer when I had issues making ressies ... I didn't know what that meant.
I got lucky & next time I tried to make ressies the system worked for me

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
I remember last year wishing there was some way to test that the system recognized your # in anticipation of doing 180+10 booking. Of course, there's no guarantee that the system won't "choose" to have a meltdown right when you need it, but considering how many of us count down the days until 180 and plan like crazy to find the perfect balance of adrs and back up adrs just in case...it's soooooo frustrating to find the system not working at that moment. I had issues the first few minutes this first time I booked adrs at day 180 and I felt like screaming and crying (not a good idea at 5am:lookaroun). I'm glad you were able to call and get everything you wanted. Still crazy frustrating just like conveyed in your original post.

Aw wow well I can definitely relate!! Luckily it is the weekend because if it wasn't and it didn't work, forcing me to call I wouldn't have been able to due to work. Thank you I am glad too.

I've always known that the online system can be finicky but never did I think it wouldn't even recognize my resort confirmation! Yikes!

Upvote 0

BigTxEars

I agree the WDW online system is very nice but it is buggy :ROFLOL:

I booked 100% of our trip last month (tics, room, ADRs etc) online. * nights in all and no issues.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Yes CLEARLY the online system is what I was unhappy with as there was a malfunction, not the helpful operator who was very pleasant. And the issue actually didn't have anything to do with my ADRs as I didn't even get that far. The issue was with the system not acknowledging that my resort reservation existed.

My 180 day mark was Tuesday 10/26 and this very same thing happened to me. I booked 1 ADR for our arrival date and after that day, I could not book anymore ADR's for our stay. My reservation was nonexistent for the online dining. When I called, there was no problem pulling up our reservation and we got all the bookings we wanted.

I will say that I have used the online dining feature before and had no issue booking for our entire stay.... don't know what happened this time. Like you, I was frustrated, not knowing if :
I was entering the wrong reservation #'s
Pulling up the wrong calendar date
Not following instructions, etc., and, yes, it can cause confusion. Have a wonderful trip in April.:wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
An aside: How do you "clear cookies"???

Someone told me to do that over the summer when I had issues making ressies ... I didn't know what that meant.
I got lucky & next time I tried to make ressies the system worked for me
Each browser is a bit different. For chrome simply select settings/tools/clear browsing data. For IE select tools/internet options/browsing history-delete.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Who cares. Luckily you got your adr's and will have a great time. Now you need to stat planning your trip report, as you comment all the time on pics, bring us some pics! Never been in april. Let us know how it is/was?

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Who cares. Luckily you got your adr's and will have a great time. Now you need to stat planning your trip report, as you comment all the time on pics, bring us some pics! Never been in april. Let us know how it is/was?

I will try! We went at the same time last year and the weather was gorgeous, flower and garden fest was great, but it was pretty crowded. Hopefully the crowds won't be as heavy as grad nights are discontinued and Easter is earlier this year!!

Upvote 0

markc

In the course of an hour and a quarter, on a Sunday, everything was made right and you got what you wanted. Not sure the snide remark about the lady who resolved your problem was called for.

How was that snide? I think you may want to think long and hard before you post anything accusing somebody of being malicious just in case you mis-interpret it, as it seems was done in this case.

Upvote 0

Gig 'Em Mickey

Wait help me out. What's the "+10" mean? I fyou are staying on property you can actually book ADR's 190 days out as opposed to the normal 180 days? If so I need to get on it. Our 180 is on November 8.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Wait help me out. What's the "+10" mean? I fyou are staying on property you can actually book ADR's 190 days out as opposed to the normal 180 days? If so I need to get on it. Our 180 is on November 8.

What it means is that you can start booking your ADRs one the 180th day out and you can book for 10 days out from that. So if you are 180 days out from the first day of your trip, then you can book for the first date of your trip +10 more days beyond that.

Upvote 0

Gig 'Em Mickey

What it means is that you can start booking your ADRs one the 180th day out and you can book for 10 days out from that. So if you are 180 days out from the first day of your trip, then you can book for the first date of your trip +10 more days beyond that.

Oh ok, gotcha. So from 180 days out from the first day of my trip, I can book for the 1st 10 days. Thanks!

Upvote 0

SMS55

You weren't being snide about the woman on the phone. Not sure what is wrong with him that made him think you were. :shrug:

The online reservation system has had glitch after glitch happen since it came online. A lot of people have had issues with the online reservation system. I'm happy that you got what you wanted though. :) It can be very frustrating when you wait so long to do something like that and it doesn't work right. Usually it is issues with the system being down but the whole computer system has problems. Every single time I call to make any changes on my booked trips they always seem to have trouble finding my trip reservation. :brick:

When it comes to making dining reservations I had similar problems. I tried to get a reservation for Chef Mickey's back in late August for Vetern's Weekend and it was booked solid. I tried several times on different days with no luck. I called and not only got the day I wanted, but the time. I buy seasonal passes so I don't go during peak seasons. My trips will be set with little preparation. A few weeks at most and sometimes even the Monday before the trip. I have very rarely had difficulties booking the reservation I wanted and many times that included Chef Mickey's. I have always gotten the date. Sometimes I may have had to go a little earlier or later. I know some of you guys look forward to booking and all as part of the experience, I get it don't worry, but don't stress it. As long as it's not a peak season you will be fine. It might be best if you call and get it done. Honestly I prefer calling. They seem so friendly and willing to talk to you, it's refreshing.

Upvote 0

desertrat

I have never been able to do it 180+10 because I can't pull up my resort reservations online. There web sites stinks, and the cm's know this they won't admit it. Sorry if I have offended and disney fanatics, but they really need to get a functional website like Universal or disney cruise line. There is no reason I shoud not be able to modify or cx a reservation online. I should also be able to pull up reservations to pay them off with out having to to call there even worse phone system and then wait on hold for 10 minutes. Now they are requiring a cc to book dining reservations. I find this annoying since most of the time I cannot pull up my dining reservationsto cx them if I want to. Ok I am done venting.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I have never been able to do it 180+10 because I can't pull up my resort reservations online. There web sites stinks, and the cm's know this they won't admit it. Sorry if I have offended and disney fanatics, but they really need to get a functional website like Universal or disney cruise line. There is no reason I shoud not be able to modify or cx a reservation online. I should also be able to pull up reservations to pay them off with out having to to call there even worse phone system and then wait on hold for 10 minutes. Now they are requiring a cc to book dining reservations. I find this annoying since most of the time I cannot pull up my dining reservationsto cx them if I want to. Ok I am done venting.

If you cannot do this by the website (which is getting hit so many times it is almost like a Denial of Service attack) then you should call. They will allow you to make your bookings 180 +10. And I don't know when you're calling but I have never had to be on hold for more than 5 seconds, unless I am calling in at 7am for a discount.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

If you cannot do this by the website (which is getting hit so many times it is almost like a Denial of Service attack) then you should call. They will allow you to make your bookings 180 +10. And I don't know when you're calling but I have never had to be on hold for more than 5 seconds, unless I am calling in at 7am for a discount.

Consider yourself very very lucky. On very few occasion have I call and waited less than one minute ans on a few occasion have waited for more than 10 minutes.

I did not have any problems the last time I booked my dining ressies at 180 +10 and I had a booked through DVC which had me concerned. The DVC system is separate from CRO's system and I expected that I would have to call but was quite surprised it worked.

It could have been something as silly as a space after your reservation number when you copied and pasted. Now that it is done, just try it again making a ressie in the 180+ window and see if it works. You don't have to keep the ressie, but at least try. Maybe you will find an error you made now that are relaxed?

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

same thing happened to me!!

Im glad im not the only one who had this problem! Yesterday 10-31-11 was our 180 day mark so were arriving one day after you disneyprincess! Were going to all star sports from april 28th to may 5th...I got home from work yesterday and logged on, jacked with anticipation because this is the first real day that you realize your going (for me anyway) and after i logged on i started to make my adr's and BAM! would not let me do it...i had to sign in 5 times each for each reservation!!!! i was like, this is not happening lol....then it wouldnt let me book past my first day, a little box popped up and said, "this is more than 180 days " etc...so after logging in several times, putting my reservation number in several times, i finally made my 3 ADRs...my family and i got all the ones we wanted so were all pumped up! sci fi dine in theater at hollywood studios, trex, dwn twn disney, and just for the wife and me, house of blues, dwntwn dis....for the rest of the meals, well be doing pizza planet, flame tree bbq, things like that...three young kids so its all about them! (or is it?)lol

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Im glad im not the only one who had this problem!

This was actually a much bigger problem when the system first rolled out. I didn't understand why they didn't do more load bearing tests on the system before launching it. But oh well, that's what you get when you don't hire me, the super genius to handle the issue. ;)

Of course that is a joke. :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom