WOW-How can one complain

Quentin Disney

In my opinion, how could they put an Indy ride in the studios? If you have ever been out to Disneyland in California, the show building for this attraction is GIGANTIC! You can see the large building in the Downtown Disney area covered in vines and what not. Considering the the Disney-MGM Studios has the smallest space for expansion and its bordered by World and Lake Buena Vista Drive, space for new attractions is a big premium. The only other way that I could see Indy showing up is by removing an existing attraction. Putting it next to the stunt show wouldn't work since there is a costuming building (built only a few years ago) and other trailers in the back of that attraction.

I don't know any imagineers, but if you did talk with one, remember that plans may change overnight. The performance of the parks will determine wether any new attractions get built.

Matt56

They can always expand into the parking lots and move the parking lots across the road. That would make the park selfcontained and trams could still take one from the entrance to their cars.

colliera

Someting to complain about.

O.K. you wanted something to complain about? How's this:

"CEO Michael Eisner, whose compensation increased 498% in FY 2002 while Disney stock declined 18%." Source, Bloomberg columnist Graef Crystal.

Disclosure notice: I don't own any Disney stock. (Wonder why?)

bhg469

Re: Re: WOW-How can one complain

Originally posted by Catch 22
Two major Indy attractions in one park? :veryconfu

That doesn't seem right.

just because it hasen't been done before doesn't make it impossible. I for one wouldent mind seeing the stunt show go but other than the issue with room what would stop them? And MGM lends itself to movies, it wouldent look right anywhere else in disneyworld.

RogueHabit

Re: Re: Re: WOW-How can one complain

Originally posted by bhg469
just because it hasen't been done before doesn't make it impossible. I for one wouldent mind seeing the stunt show go but other than the issue with room what would stop them? And MGM lends itself to movies, it wouldent look right anywhere else in disneyworld.
I guess, but I don't see it going any time soon. They only did the MAJOR refurb on in in '99.

True that it wouldn't be unheard of for 2 attractions, but I was under the impression that it was one of the unwritten Didney rules to only have one major attraction per franchise?

I'd love to see it happen though, but I wouldn't wanna see the stunt show go, I love that show!
:sohappy:

bhg469

Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW-How can one complain

Originally posted by Catch 22
I guess, but I don't see it going any time soon. They only did the MAJOR refurb on in in '99.

True that it wouldn't be unheard of for 2 attractions, but I was under the impression that it was one of the unwritten Didney rules to only have one major attraction per franchise?

I'd love to see it happen though, but I wouldn't wanna see the stunt show go, I love that show!
:sohappy:

i can give you one reason why we wont see the ride anytime soon. its because it would be too cool. It seems like they take attractions at twice the rate that they build new ones.

they took away my 20,000 leagues under the sea and gave me pooh!! not good enough eisner!!

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Whats the big deal putting two indy next to each other. Look at mermaid lagoon at TDS--a whole land with several rides, shows, and eateries all to one movie

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
Whats the big deal putting two indy next to each other. Look at mermaid lagoon at TDS--a whole land with several rides, shows, and eateries all to one movie

"a bug's land". Think of it...the whole area, along with Star Tours, could be called LucasLand!

Maerj

Originally posted by DogsRule!
"a bug's land". Think of it...the whole area, along with Star Tours, could be called LucasLand!

I would be all for that! An Indy Stunt show and ride would be fine with me, same theme, two totally different experiences. Plus another Star Wars ride, such as...

A giant Death Star made like Spaceship Earth that tells the entire Star Wars story.

An X-Wing Pilot trainer/simulator.

A 3-D Speeder Bike chase through Endor.

A themed restaurant at Jabba's palace with performances by his band. All leftovers (And some of the guests) get eaten by the Hutt. Or maybe a Dex's Diner?

A Pod Race ride.

Also, they should add an animatronic Watto to Tatooine Traders, he could 'fly' around to bargain with customers.

Another good Disney/MGM Studios theme would be James Bond, since they are released by MGM. Guests could go through a rigorous training process to be a 00 Agent.

Okay, that is enough ideas for now! :)

grandmath

I don't understand you guys... OK Indy at Disneyland is great, but picture this: WDW already has an EMV ride, Dinosaur. Wouldn't that be a waste of money to open another EMV ride just next door although this exclusivity of AK was for many one of the reasons to visit that park, that lacks in attractions? You will tell me "it's a different theme, different story". but hey, the vehicles are the same, even the track is the same!!! Don't you think people will see that? Of course I'm not to say it wouldn't be a great attraction, in fact I would say yes, but that would also say that nobody will need to go to AK and do Dinosaur after Indy opens. Much as Body Wars is totally unecessary in Epcot (and doesn't interest anyone) when you have Star Tours in the Studios (but Body Wars isn't currently the attraction that lures people in the park. It is kinda bonus, not a big drawer.) This kind a ride would cost a lot and would be a lost opportunity to have something completely new at the Studios before a long time, something unique again to WDW, that would make Dinosaur still a unique ride system in WDW too, and that would let Indy Adv. still unique to DL resort (and Tokyo, but hey, few americans travel to Tokyo), which needs to have its own private "jewels" to lure far visitors! I mean, what will be the point of visiting DL resort again if Indy, Soarin, TOT can be found at WDW?

So while I think Indy would be great as an attraction, I think WDW doesn't need it. In fact, it would be a waste of money and opportunity. With this money, build this long talked-about Villains 3D ride or another stuff, but clearly, WDW doesn't need a second EMV, or it has to be completely different (different track and vehicles). For example, if Journey to the center of the earth would come to Animal Kingdom as some rumors suggest, one would say "hey, but it is like Test Track!" In this case, it is a completely different ride, a real dark ride, with a big story, a great and big setting, and a completely different track with different thrills. Like two roller coasters/different tracks.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by grandmath
I don't understand you guys... OK Indy at Disneyland is great, but picture this: WDW already has an EMV ride, Dinosaur. Wouldn't that be a waste of money to open another EMV ride just next door although this exclusivity of AK was for many one of the reasons to visit that park, that lacks in attractions? You will tell me "it's a different theme, different story". but hey, the vehicles are the same, even the track is the same!!! Don't you think people will see that? Of course I'm not to say it wouldn't be a great attraction, in fact I would say yes, but that would also say that nobody will need to go to AK and do Dinosaur after Indy opens. Much as Body Wars is totally unecessary in Epcot (and doesn't interest anyone) when you have Star Tours in the Studios (but Body Wars isn't currently the attraction that lures people in the park. It is kinda bonus, not a big drawer.) This kind a ride would cost a lot and would be a lost opportunity to have something completely new at the Studios before a long time, something unique again to WDW, that would make Dinosaur still a unique ride system in WDW too, and that would let Indy Adv. still unique to DL resort (and Tokyo, but hey, few americans travel to Tokyo), which needs to have its own private "jewels" to lure far visitors! I mean, what will be the point of visiting DL resort again if Indy, Soarin, TOT can be found at WDW?

So while I think Indy would be great as an attraction, I think WDW doesn't need it. In fact, it would be a waste of money and opportunity. With this money, build this long talked-about Villains 3D ride or another stuff, but clearly, WDW doesn't need a second EMV, or it has to be completely different (different track and vehicles). For example, if Journey to the center of the earth would come to Animal Kingdom as some rumors suggest, one would say "hey, but it is like Test Track!" In this case, it is a completely different ride, a real dark ride, with a big story, a great and big setting, and a completely different track with different thrills. Like two roller coasters/different tracks.

Hey, we're talkin tourists here. Tourists won't notice a single similairity between Indy and Dinosaur. Who knows, the track layout may be toatally different for this Indy attraction.

Crazy4Figment

Originally posted by grandmath

Your last sentence is basically why an Indy Ride should be built. Think about it what's wrong with having 2 EMV rides at diffrent parks(or 3 for that matter). It would be like saying Since MK has an outdoor coaster why build another coaster outdoors. As long as the ride is diffrent (track layout,theme,etc.) who cares let it be built.Besides I know people who love Indy but were to scared of Dinosaur.

Gracy_hm

Please

First off the attacks on Room13 aren't nice or needed AT ALL. He is just as credible as any one here and I for one choose to take what he said as truth.

Now my thoughts on Indy attraction...Well I will say two things,

1)Couldn't this attraction be a version of Disneyland Paris, Temple of Perile? (and NO I WILL NOT use spell check)

2) Who cares if we use EMV in more then one ride??? We have more then one show that uses 3D, and more then one ride that uses a boat in water. Is it not the attraction its self that will truly alter the experiance :)) ) rather then the ride vehicle? And this time they better put in the ice machine and not skimp on metal prices.

Take care,
Kyle

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Yes, so what if Disney does two EMV rides...Boat rides, you ride in a boat, in water,--ok, there is small world, poc, maelstrom, el rio de crappy, jungle cruise, splash mountain, living with the land. All water rides, and yet, no one complains about those

Tim G

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
I have family members in imagineering and other departments..im trying to say the least that i can say cause IM RISKING THERE JOB HERE.

If that is true, you've already crossed a the line...
and they ARE at risk.. :(

Sir Hiss527

The Future for Disney is gonna Awesome, I can't wait for these attractrions. Except if Projet Gemini takes place! Hopefully it won't. I can't wait for the future.

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom