Wow! GF booked up! Harbinger for the parks??

RetiredFRN

Heading to DW/GF mid July and for the fun of it checked to see what the room availability was. (Already have my reservation). Hardly anything available, only one theme park type room. Everything else is unavailable!! I'm thinking if the GF is full then how packed will the parks be!! I know..... it's summer always busy. I'm lucky I'm going, I just don't want to be dodging strollers and getting the back of my shoes stepped on 24/7!!!:eek:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well it is summer so Id expect resorts to be at their seasonal peak, but of course it could be patrons not keen to live in the builders detris at the Polly but still desiring a monorail hotel.

Or they may have sections of the resort closed, if rumours on this very site carry any weight.

Upvote 0

DebDeb

We're one of the GF peeps that have been pushed over to the Poly! We started looking in mid May and thought it was crazy that it was all booked! So here's to a dusty new adventure at the Poly!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

Summer is an historically busy time in Disney. I have been there many many times in the summer...July/August and it is very crowded. Not sure what the story is about the GF but it is possible that all the hotels are full to capacity at that time of year. A far as strollers are concerned.....it makes not difference what time of year you go....you need to watch for strollers and scooters. And now....you will see parents pushing strollers and using their smartphones at the same time....it can be downright dangerous. But it is Disney and it is there for kids so strollers are very necessary to keep children safe. Just be careful and mindful of them and you will be fine. :cat:

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

With the construction at the Poly and the pool refurb at the Wilderness Lodge , that puts two Deluxe resorts without a feature pool, so I can easily see how GF could be booked, Not to mention that summer is a peak attendance period.

Upvote 0

rob0519

Heading to DW/GF mid July and for the fun of it checked to see what the room availability was. (Already have my reservation). Hardly anything available, only one theme park type room. Everything else is unavailable!! I'm thinking if the GF is full then how packed will the parks be!! I know..... it's summer always busy. I'm lucky I'm going, I just don't want to be dodging strollers and getting the back of my shoes stepped on 24/7!!!:eek:
Don't want to be dodging strollers all day and you're going to WDW in July? Yeah, good luck with that one. I suggest only going to MK after dark.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Try the Yacht Club... One of my favs! The pool is the best. Just a thought :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom