Would'nt it be nice to just get away?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Eh, you ever have one of those days or even weeks that you just love to say, "hell with it I'm going to Disney"!!! Then reality sets in, there is that thing called work(if you are fornunate enough to have one) that you have to go to make money, (for other things besides Disney, like bills, LOl) and Disney is just not in the Budget anytime soon!! Cause yeah the Holidays are coming and I guess some people need presents!!!! Sorry Had to vent I could use a Disney quickie trip (dear lord that sounds bad, lol) I know my hubby could he's been working insane hours at work and well haven't really seen each other a whole lot, and the closer it gets to the holidays , the more I can't wait for them to just be over !! I know sounds very Bah Humbug, Don't get me wrong I love Thanksgiving( to me its Christmas without the Crap) but Christmas , eh, I like the decorations and the holiday music, but its so much buying for this and that one and traveling (and visiting my side of the family, You need a couple of shots of something happy cause their enough to drive you to drink) here and there and then before you know it, its done!! Please don't tell me I'm the only one, Cause I know there is at least one out there that feels the same!

NYwdwfan

If I didn't know better I'd think I wrote that myself!! November/December is always crazy for me as well - we actually have even MORE variables thrown into the mix as BOTH my kids birthdays are in December!! Sometimes when we are driving randomly from point A to point B on the Long Island Expressway (I495) I think - hey if I just keep driving I can be in Florida by tomorrow. It's sooooo tempting sometimes!! ;)

zurgandfriend

Yes you are and you should be ashamed! .. just kidding, but I'm one of those people who loves Christmas. I put up the tree Friday after Thanksgiving, I have to put all those decorations on the tree and I can remember where we got each one. I usually work retail during the holidays to make extra money to go to Disney and enjoy helping people picking out presents for loved one (or not so loved ones).

Blueskyze

I'm one of those people who loves the holidays, too - I'm already halfway done Christmas shopping, and I'll be putting up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. But I can definitely relate to having a day or week where you just need to get away!!! Last week, I was really having a few days there where I was stressed and needed some "Mickey Magic" (my son's term). I even started pricing flights, then calculating how long it would take to drive, then realized I just couldn't justify it since we have a trip planned at the beginning of the year.

powlessfamily4

I love the holidays... but I am sick of buying crap for people. Can we not have holidays where we get together spend time with each other, eat good food, and reminisce? Why must we shop and shop and spend tons of $$$ to make it a holiday. Phewy! I would much rather save all the money for an extra Disney trip during the year. I would rather make memories instead adding to the return lines. Anyway that is my vent about the over commercialized, over priced holidays.

Having said that .... I will be at disney from Dec 3rd until the 10th!!!!! Now that is what I call Christmas!!

sgtmgd

Eh, you ever have one of those days or even weeks that you just love to say, "hell with it I'm going to Disney"!!! Then reality sets in, there is that thing called work(if you are fornunate enough to have one) that you have to go to make money, (for other things besides Disney, like bills, LOl) and Disney is just not in the Budget anytime soon!! Cause yeah the Holidays are coming and I guess some people need presents!!!! Sorry Had to vent I could use a Disney quickie trip (dear lord that sounds bad, lol) I know my hubby could he's been working insane hours at work and well haven't really seen each other a whole lot, and the closer it gets to the holidays , the more I can't wait for them to just be over !! I know sounds very Bah Humbug, Don't get me wrong I love Thanksgiving( to me its Christmas without the Crap) but Christmas , eh, I like the decorations and the holiday music, but its so much buying for this and that one and traveling (and visiting my side of the family, You need a couple of shots of something happy cause their enough to drive you to drink) here and there and then before you know it, its done!! Please don't tell me I'm the only one, Cause I know there is at least one out there that feels the same!

We did that over Labor Day weekend..a quick 4 day trip to POFQ we stayed there vs our normal Boardwalk stay as it was unplanned and un-bugeted for..but we needed an escape for a couple days with no kids..(whom are still peeved they didnt go)..I would give this nugget of advice you can get really amazing last minute deals on Villas..as low as $8.00 a point, I was looking a couple days ago and there were several offers 25-35 points avaialble at 8 bucks a point must use by early December thats less than 300.00 for a weekend...might want to take a look at that.

SAV

I am always trying to talk the wife into a quicky...trip to WDW. Just us, no kids. A long weekend to get away from the madness. The the reality of the cost of airfare sets in and there goes that dream. I always say "That's what credit cards are for", but I get nowhere. It's too long of a drive to just take off one day and go...or I would have by now.

Spikerdink

Every day I wish I could escape to Disney. I even thought about it last week as there were some really good airfare specials coming up. I have had a run of really crappy months and depression is staus quo (to quote Little Shop of Horrors). In fact, when Seymour sings, "Someone show me a way to get out of here, cause I constantly pray I'll get out of here...." I sing along and wish I could be in Disney.

Alas, I don't see a trip anywhere in my future and that makes me even more depressed.

Susan Savia

We did that in September. We were sitting around looking at tv and started talking about Disney and it erupted and before I knew it we were going in two weeks! Loved it. There was no need for planning, we knew what we wanted to do (Halloween party) and the parks we wanted to visit. Looking back now, I'd do it again in a minute. I too, have been driving down 95 from the mall and thinking to myself...what a great day for a long drive, then glancing at my watch think........I could be in WDW in ? hours. Course when I told my son that his response was, "Well let''s go then!"

rufio

Every day! It's actually a little depressing! :( My fiance is having to do physical labor right now because he couldn't get back out to his real job (Merchant Marine) before the end of the year without missing our wedding. I got laid off and I'm working for minimum wage at a store on a farm. We always just say that we're going to up and leave and go to Disney for a few days. But between both our minimum wage jobs that will remain necessary until next year, and my school schedule, there's just no time. So we never do... But December is fast approaching! 58 days!!! :D

luis71091

Yeah, I have those days everyday, and there have been weekends where I just pack my bags, grab my best friend, and drive to Disney. I just go.

Jennibelle

I love the holidays but they are so crazy busy and expensive. We are going to Disney twice in 2013 so we are only doing small gifts this year. I daydream about just jumping on the next plane out and going but reality kicks in. I am thankful for everyones trip reports. They are a great way for me to get away through someone else's story and pictures. And listening to the stations that play disney music and ride audio help too. We were lucky this year because I stalked flight prices daily and got our round trip flights for $147 in total with southwest. I'm with you on the cost of flights, I checked yesterday and it was $295 for one way.

rsoxguy

Please do not take this as boasting or gloating, but I have "gotten away" suddenly many times. I only live a couple of hours away from WDW, and I have often approached my wife on a Thursday or Friday afternoon and asked, "want to go to Disney?"
It just hits me, and we drive up on a Saturday morning to spend the day at a park. AP's are a big part of the ability to do this, but we have also done it without the AP's. I think that living on a whim from time to time takes the boredom out of breathing.

pixiesteno

I have expreienced this feeling on numerous occasions. The last time was a couple of weekends ago while filling the auto on the way home and I looked at hubby and said 3 and a half tanks of gas and we could be at Disney! Just give me 24 hours behind the wheel. Okay, so it is a little less in drive time.
I will confess that one year in the dead of winter I called and booked a trip 8 days out. Got flights, booked room & tickets, grabbed my DSIL (who also detests winter) and ran for the airport! We had a ball.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Eh, you ever have one of those days or even weeks that you just love to say, "hell with it I'm going to Disney"!!! Then reality sets in, there is that thing called work(if you are fornunate enough to have one) that you have to go to make money, (for other things besides Disney, like bills, LOl) and Disney is just not in the Budget anytime soon!!

Um.... everyday? Many times I want to say: "Eff it, going to Disney for the weekend!" and then I remember: "RJB, you're a broke grad student, get your head out of your butt!" And I go on with my day, dreaming and planning haha it's good to have goals, though! haha

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I was just thinking how great It would be to drive to the airport and head to Wdw for a Long weekend!!
I know right? I mean we could drive there but From RI driving to Florida, no way, but to the airport, yes one can dream, its sad too when we see planes fly over and my girls and I say, "yeah bet their going to disney"!!!! BTW looking at your next trip there is about the same time that we have ours planned as well.....God its soooo far away!

Todd L

I know right? I mean we could drive there but From RI driving to Florida, no way, but to the airport, yes one can dream, its sad too when we see planes fly over and my girls and I say, "yeah bet their going to disney"!!!! BTW looking at your next trip there is about the same time that we have ours planned as well.....God its soooo far away!
I know its Kinda pathetic But my wife and I talk about how nice it will be to go on our nice Long retirement trips to wdw. 2 weeks in september and a long weekend in December . Its 10 years away But we still like to think about it!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I know its Kinda pathetic But my wife and I talk about how nice it will be to go on our nice Long retirement trips to wdw. 2 weeks in september and a long weekend in December . Its 10 years away But we still like to think about it!!
LOL! No not Pathetic, hubby and I do the same!! Only thing is we're only in our late 30's and have a LONG way to go!! But thankfully we can go every year at least, cause if not I think that would just kill me!

Todd L

LOL! No not Pathetic, hubby and I do the same!! Only thing is we're only in our late 30's and have a LONG way to go!! But thankfully we can go every year at least, cause if not I think that would just kill me!
We are in our mid 40's But were both lucky enough to get union jobs in our early 20's, we met at work and were married a year later.
I say ten year but its AT LEAST 10 maybe 15 before we will retire!! We hope its before we hit 60 anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom