Would You

Aurora1

Probably not. I teach, so I really only have two options as far as times go anyway (February Break & Summer Vacation). I would definitely plan around huge changes- ex. going this February instead of last to get to see New Fantasyland, but not for a specific ride. I Adore Splash Mountain, but it's not going to kill me that it's not open for my trip! There's so many other things to do and memories to make, it's an instant reason to come back in the next year or so!

disneysince71

No I would not. I do not think I would even if an entire park was closed. I am a resort person. I can spend hours at the resorts, and get my DISNEY fill there. Yes I love the parks... But I also love to enjoy the pools, the tennis courts, the water parks, all of the lakes and Lagoons, the boat rides, the monorails, the Golf courses (occasionally), Love the Mini Golf courses... Especially the par 3! Love to rent the mini boats, we rent bikes sometimes, love to hike or run the trails, and we even enjoy just watching the crowds.. :)

Goofyernmost

No, I don't even look to see what scheduled to be down for regular refurb. I have been to many times when one of my favorites was down for unscheduled repairs to worry about it. You might change your plans and all of a sudden, after you get there your favorite is down anyway. Not worth the anxiety.

disneycouple07

No, I wouldn't reschedule but would be majorly disappointed! I'm sure the second we walked into the parks all my saddness with magically disappear!

Timekeeper

It seems that a lot would depend on how much of a "trip" it is. If flying in from South Africa, I couldn't imagine that anyone would reschedule their trip. But for locals, it's much more feasible to go next weekend instead of this weekend if that means a favorite attraction that's currently down will then be open.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't reschedule.

Test Track was down for four of my trips last year and it's one of my favorite rides so it was heartbreaking, but not worth rescheduling.
Big Thunder Mountain being down would be disappointing as well.

Maybe if I didn't live in Florida or go so often I would reschedule.

JIMINYCR

It wouldnt alter my plans to go to WDW, but I would be disappointed if a refurb was scheduled for any of the major rides. I look forward to going on everything so although I would miss riding on SM, TOT, MS, EE. theres so much to do and see that a ride closure or even two, wouldnt ruin the trip. All my friends would certainly hear me grumble when I got home about the one I missed.

harveyt0206

There are only two rides that I can think of that would even make me think of rescheduling: Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth. For whatever reason, those two rides just send a signal to my brain that I am at WDW and it's on. In the end, I really don't think I would actually cancel the trip, but I sure would be disappointed. I might have to visit the tequila bar a few times just to help dull the pain. ;-)

flipadeeflop

I would depending on it's impact on the park. For example, depending on how much flexibility I had, if they refurbished Expedition Everest and it was scheduled to reopen say a month or 2 after I was originally planning on going, I would PROBABLY wait until it was supposed to be open again because it's such a huge attraction for that park. But on the other hand if it was something like Haunted Mansion which is my favorite ride in all of WDW, I still MIGHT go during that time only because of the meaning a lot of the other attractions in MK have to me... Actually, come to think of it, I think if it were HM and it was going to be a month or 2 after I was planning on going, I might wait for that, too, it would just be less of an impact on the vacation, I think.

93boomer

Premium Member
No way. Love certain rides but not to cancel the trip and reschedule. Too much to do!!

By the way, Hatter, we had a trip scheduled one year after a hurricane. My DH works for a utility co. and had worked in FL for 2 weeks. He got home after working and we left for WDW two days later. It was the best trip we have ever had. The parks were empty. That is the first year that we got into every sit-down restaurant we wanted. The CMs were begging us to come in so they could have someone to wait on! LOL It was so much fun!!

So, definately, don't cancel due to a hurricane, unless it is hitting the day you land at the airport!! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom