Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

twebber55

Yesterday was the first day here in NJ where temps reached the mid 80's and humidity was noticeable since masks were required to enter stores.
Let me tell you...
There was a very clear difference in comfort as to how the mask felt yesterday as to how it felt wearing one previously.
It got pretty oppressive pretty quickly, just walking across the parking lot. (I always park far and walk)
Wearing one all day long outdoors in WDW would be rough.
yeah im not going in June even if they do open
i cannot see me enjoying myself in that environment wearing a hot sweaty mask
i also totally understand Disney's perspective

The Mom

Premium Member
We've had many discussions on this board over the years around why some people don't follow, or shouldn't have to follow, park rules. They never end well and usually end up being locked/deleted.

For Disney and Universal, the mask debate has been settled. They will be required for the initial reopening, as we've seen from CityWalk this week. The back-and-forth of "but what if I don't want to/need to" is only going to end when the company's decide masks are no longer required. Until then, there's just going to be more misinformation and hyperbole being spread on this forum and the mods have made it clear that that is not wanted. The two sides are not going to change their minds, anyway.

@The Mom I think all these masks debates should be moved to the political/social issues sub forum.

They've already got their own discussion there. I'll just keep issuing warnings and deleting posts as I see fit.

zengoth

In a thread that is literally asking “Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?:D
Thread name should really be updated to say Will you visit WDW now that these health-based operational restrictions are in place? We can all vote and argue anew!

Kamikaze

And what if someone in my family can't wear a mask for a medical reason but we are annual passholders? We're just supposed to shrug off the thousands of dollars lost?

All of these rules have exceptions for medical reasons. So you could go without a mask if you're willing to risk getting infected. Which doesn't seem like a smart idea if you've already got a medical condition bad enough to prevent you from wearing a mask with a virus that effects your lungs.

However, even with an exemption from Disney, that won't stop comments/looks from other guests about said person not wearing a mask.

donaldtoo

At the present time, and for the near future...

0D1CFBDF-5D6D-42E8-996D-3607B2A6A13A.gif

And, as I‘m sure has already been mentioned here by many others throughout this thread (sorry, I haven’t read all 40 pages), I simply don’t trust that enough Guests will properly follow the rules like they’re supposed to. So many Guests didn’t follow simple rules at WDW before this nightmare was ever even a blip on any epidemiologists radar.
Look at all the people not even followin’ the rules as it is during all this just goin’ about their daily lives, and all that are hospitalized, dead, and continue to die.
Disney Magic is a wonderful, beautiful thing, but, even it can’t fix stupid.

Last edited:

BigDlover

No. The number of cases goes up daily so I'm staying clear of as many people as I can. I know people are bored and want to move on with their lives, but this is far from over. To me, it's not worth the risk to have a vacation, especially if I ended up making my parents sick who are in the 60's. I'm actually supposed to be in FL right now on vacation but I cancelled everything.

erasure fan1

The mask would be a deal breaker for me. I wear a mask now for work everyday, can’t be wearing one on vacation. Would rather save my money. Being DVC I would also probably wind up eating points, but it’s still better then visiting the parks in that condition.
Can't agree more. Wearing a mask for 8hr plus at work is miserable. Now spending all day at a theme park, in Florida, with a mask, would be awful. Even at the most magical place on earth. Especially for what it costs to go.

Peter DF

I would not go. I have a very strong objection to masks. Absolutely will not go and subject my family to that, while face coverings are a requirement. Other measures are mostly OK with me.

corsairk09

I am neither a petulant child nor a constitutional scholar. I am just a logically-reasoning adult. If you make everyone wear muzzles, then you at least need to provide solid proof that it is necessary. Such proof is very limited at best. And whichever minimal protection may exist will be totally reduced to zero because people will not be able to use these masks in appropriate manner in a theme park environment. Especially families with young children in hot and humid FL conditions. In fact, it will pose more health risks than help. I have been to several other forums and blogs and glad to see that the majority would agree with this.

Again.... I think most of us know that masks... worn properly.... help stop the spread of germs. The two points I see people making about masks aren't petulant but realistic. 1. People won't wear them properly and will be a nightmare to police.... therefore the requirement to wear masks will be pointless. 2. It won't feel like a vacation if I am wearing one in Florida heat and/or forcing my small child to wear one. Both are totally valid. DH and I bought Florida resident tickets and were planning to go in March. We are waiting to see what happens with them, but as of right now those tickets expire end of July. Would love to go in July, but we will ask for a refund if masks are required. Not hating on anybody else.... just not a vacation and not worth the $$.

The Mom

Premium Member
The question was would you go to WDW if wearing a mask was a requirement. Not "Should anyone else go?"
You may give your reasons for your not wearing one/being OK with wearing one but please don't spend pages discussing why others should or should not, or why others can or cannot, wear one.

This directive was given several pages ago - some of you apparently missed it. You may set up a new poll asking "Would you go to WDW if you had to pass a temperature test?" All other coronavirus discussion belongs in the correct thread.

I do apologize - temperature screenings were also mentioned. But please keep it to why YOU would or would not go, not whether you think others should go, how effective it might be, why it won't work, etc.

Last edited:

Sweet Thing

Shanghai Disney Resort will open to guests on May 11 with a number of health measures in effect - including temperature screening, health QR codes, social distancing, face masks and advance reservations.

The resort has produced this video to show how the processes will work and what a typical day at the park will look like.

This directive was given several pages ago - some of you apparently missed it. You may set up a new poll asking "Would you go to WDW if you had to pass a temperature test?" All other coronavirus discussion belongs in the correct thread.
I'm confused. Temperature screenings were mentioned in the original post. Are we not allowed to discuss that now? Or did I completely misunderstand this?

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm confused. Temperature screenings were mentioned in the original post. Are we not allowed to discuss that now? Or did I completely misunderstand this?

I'm so sorry - There are so many threads discussing the same topics, with lots of overflow from one to the other, that I thought I was back in the "Would you wear a mask?' thread.

But the statement still stands - yes or no, and why, specifically, YOU would not go with certain requirements. No debating whether others should, if it will work, etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom