Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Disstevefan1

Surprisingly split so far. I can see both sides; families spending the big bucks for that "in the bubble" excellent WDW vacation, will not settle for this watered down version of WDW, I totally get that.

On the other hand, locals, or within driving distance guests who are huge fans who typically do day trips are more likely to visit to get their Disney fix no matter what.

Walt d

I have a trip scheduled in September. If they're open, I'm going and will happily adjust to whatever rules/recommendations are in place.
Now just a minute” when the people are sitting at the table. In the restaurant. The cups say Pepsi. How could this be? We have to drink coke in the us? And they get Pepsi? I want to live there!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
giphy.gif

MM311

For me it just depends on what's actually open within the parks themselves, if all attractions (we are more ride people than show people) are open with "social distancing" and I just need to wear a mask and sanitize my hands then I'd be OK with that. Would it be the perfect WDW experience? No, but it would be worth it for my family.

nickys

Premium Member
That spacing they showed with just one empty seat between parties on the larger vehicles isn’t even the 1m recommended by WHO, let alone the 2m everywhere else is using.

If the parks were that empty, and I was US based and free to go, then it’s a definite maybe from me! But it’s a moot point so I guess I can be indecisive for now.

ThatMouse

I don't see people following these rules in Disney World. Maybe it somehow works in other countries, but people are just not that considerate here. People are going to have trouble keeping distances and face masks will come off and be readjusted all day long. I mean, just the number of people who walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands should give you some indication of how well this will go. Also I feel like the park ticket price and passholder price should be cut in half for this.

Jrb1979

I don't see people following these rules in Disney World. Maybe it somehow works in other countries, but people are just not that considerate here. People are going to have trouble keeping distances and face masks will come off and be readjusted all day long. I mean, just the number of people who walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands should give you some indication of how well this will go. Also I feel like the park ticket price and passholder price should be cut in half for this.
That is why I think it's too early to open theme parks in general. Even with little things open people can't follow physical distancing rules.

RonAnnArbor

I do not mind the restrictions, and probably would go but... the thought of that back up at the entrance at Magic Kingdom. It can be bad on a regular day. Potentially add three or four more security check points, meh..

Not to mention the longer than normal waits between rides. You think ride lines are long now? Just wait until they have to clean each ride in between uses. Oh, and masks..

I want to go and get away, I want lower crowds, but I don't know if I want it this way.

Because of the very limited number of guests that will be able to enter you won't get that normal crowding in. Most likely they won't be opening all of the resorts, just the ones that they can best accommodate transportation needs to the parks, with limited bus occupancy and drop off's timed. And at the onset they are not going to even open all the parks - they'll open one at a time, so they will put all their cast members into one location for the day until they start to expand. I don't think it will be as horrible as people expect crowd wise - in fact they will probably be the smallest crowds you've ever seen at WDW. I have zero fear of the virus and as a passholder that lives half a mile from the magic Kingdom I would normally go the day they opened - but not with these guidelines and NEVER with timed ride admissions. I'll be curious to see what they actually do at WDW because Shanghai is VERY different from the MK.

cmwade77

The restrictions wouldn't bother me, I would just be concerned about whether they would provide enough protection.
Depends on how concerned you are, honestly I think it is a good compromise and honestly, I don't think the parks were dangerous before this, so I definitely don't think they will be with these in place.

Poly1974

See you in 2022. We were supposed to leave for WDW on 3/14 and were so looking forward to it. For me WDW is my escape from the real world. I have no desire to visit with these restrictions. Masks and the like will bring the real world into WDW and will make for a sub par experience. I will sit back and watch what happens but I don’t see us returning until things are back to normal and I think that’s gonna be a couple of years from now.

peter11435

Not to mention that Orange County has no mask rules, so nobody here wears them unless you are inside a grocery store, and then only because they make you wear them. This system won't work at WDW.
My county has no mask rules and most people I see are wearing them. Grocery store, post office, restaurants, even just walking around the neighborhood.

Jrb1979

Not to mention that Orange County has no mask rules, so nobody here wears them unless you are inside a grocery store, and then only because they make you wear them. This system won't work at WDW.
Its not just about the masks for me. Til there is a treatment or a vaccine this virus is here to stay. Which means physical distancing will have to stay. It shouldn't be hard to stay 6ft from each other. For some reason people just can't seem to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom