Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Disstevefan1

If masks are required by guests it’s going to be interesting to watch how this will be enforced. As we know, cast members are not empowered to do hard core enforcement of rules other than politely asking the guest to correct whatever they are doing wrong. If the guest does not comply, thats that.

This is a lot different than line cutting or, “please dispose of your drink as it’s not allowed while riding this attraction”.

I hope the WDW vloggers actually cover this instead of the WDW promotional vlogs we usually see.

eliza61nyc

I could maybe handle everything except the masks in Florida. Would also want the nighttime and indoor shows as well so I’ll just wait until things are closer to normal again
This is me, I pretty much can handle the safety/health precautions. First I think going forward ALL vacation/entertainment venues are going to have some type of requirements in place.

Fireworks and the shows are a big part of what we enjoy so that's more important to me than requiring a mask

Moka

I would probably like to go once just to give it a shot, considering this will probably be the new norm for a while. If I think it’s okay, then maybe I’ll go again, if not, no harm in waiting until the restrictions are a bit lighter.

rle4lunch

Luckily our next DVC trip isn't until December, so hopefully we'll miss most of this ridiculousness. We were at DL the day before it closed and it was stupid busy. I don't think I could handle it at DL, too confined. I cringe at the Tomorrowland and Indy bottlenecks as it is. Think about the line spacing, lining up for POTC would snake in to Main Street on a busy day.

Jrb1979

Luckily our next DVC trip isn't until December, so hopefully we'll miss most of this ridiculousness. We were at DL the day before it closed and it was stupid busy. I don't think I could handle it at DL, too confined. I cringe at the Tomorrowland and Indy bottlenecks as it is. Think about the line spacing, lining up for POTC would snake in to Main Street on a busy day.

I just don't see these safety measures disappearing til a vaccine or a treatment happens. The masks may not be required but physical distancing probably will as well as limited capacity.

LittleBuford

Not for me. Grocery shopping under such conditions is stressful enough; I can’t imagine anything less magical than being at Disney and having to worry about masks, distancing, etc. I’m amazed that some people are saying they’d enjoy the modified experience more. That makes no sense to me, and I can’t help but think they wouldn’t feel this way in practice.

VaderTron

Shanghai Disney Resort will open to guests on May 11 with a number of health measures in effect - including temperature screening, health QR codes, social distancing, face masks and advance reservations.

The resort has produced this video to show how the processes will work and what a typical day at the park will look like.

So, several parts of this video made me laugh out loud at how idiotic the procedures are and how they absolute do nothing if not undermine the points of handwashing/social distancing/mask wearing. If this is their idea of how to operate WDW, we are in for a world of trouble.

1) The mask is supposed to be torn after use. Any mask that can be torn that easily is doing NOTHING to prevent virus from exiting the mouth. The masks my wife made have several layers of bonded material and cotton. The way to test the effectiveness of a mask is to try to blow out a match while wearing it. If you can or see the flame flicker then it's pointless to wear.

2) I loved how in the ride queue people were touching the handrails and standing too close to the people in front of them. There was a CM that cheerfully pointed and the guests immediately and happily adjusted their behavior. FAT CHANCE of that at WDW. Instead you will get Wilma, Billy Bob and their horde clamoring all over the rails, licking them, screaming at each other, pushing and shoving in line and bumping into the people in front or behind them. Wilma will be on her phone half-heartedly saying, "Jasper, stop that." A timid 18-year-old CM who hates confrontations will try to get their attention and point out what they are doing. Wilma, irritated, will look up from her phone, "Well what do you want me to do about it?! Start wiping stuff off and maybe get this line moving!"

3) The ride queues have gloves for riders to use. Gloves only help if you put them on after thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water. Otherwise, you are touching the outsides of the gloves with contaminated hands and then placing that contamination on anything you touch with those gloves.

4) They have hand sanitizer at the exit queue with press-pump action. Yes! Please push down with your bare hand on the pump that thousands of people before you just touched. While hand sanitizer is better than nothing, it is not as effective as hand washing and does not kill all of the virus that you may have just touched.

5) "Please only touch merchandise that you plan on purchasing." :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: ......I mean....are they serious!??? Have they seen people looking at items in one of their shops before? I hope they are "The Price is Right" legends, because I know I have put hundreds of items back after picking them up, looking at the price on the bottom/tag, saying "Uh....nope." and putting it back. Will their new policy be "You touch it, you buy it?" :cool:

Last edited:

Jrb1979

So, several parts of this video made me laugh out loud at how idiotic the procedures are and how they absolute do nothing if not undermine the points of handwashing/social distancing/mask wearing. If this is their idea of how to operate WDW, we are in for a world of trouble.

1) The mask is supposed to be torn after use. Any mask that can be torn that easily is doing NOTHING to prevent virus from exiting the mouth. The masks my wife made have several layers of bonded material and cotton. The way to test the effectiveness of a mask is to try to blow out a match while wearing it. If you can or see the flame flicker then it's pointless to wear.

2) I loved how in the ride queue people were touching the handrails and standing too close to the people in front of them. There was a CM that cheerfully pointed and the guests immediately and happily adjusted their behavior. FAT CHANCE of that at WDW. Instead you will get Wilma, Billy Bob and their horde clamoring all over the rails, licking them, screaming at each other, pushing and shoving in line and bumping into the people in front or behind them. Wilma will be on her phone half-heartedly saying, "Jasper, stop that." A timid 18-year-old CM who hates confrontations will try to get their attention and point out what they are doing. Wilma, irradiated, will look up from her phone, "Well what do you want me to do about it?! Start wiping stuff off and maybe get this line moving!"

3) The ride queues have gloves for riders to use. Gloves only help if you put them on after thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water. Otherwise, you are touching the outsides of the gloves with contaminated hands. Then placing that contamination on anything you touch with those gloves.

4) They have hand sanitizer at the exit queue with press-pump action. Yes! Please push down with your hand on the pump that thousands of people before you just touched. While hand sanitizer is better than nothing, it is not as effective as hand washing and does not kill all of the virus that you may have just touched.

5) "Please only touch merchandise that you plan on purchasing." :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: ......I mean....are they serious!??? Have they seen people looking at items in one of their shops before? I hope they are "The Price is Right" legends, because I know myself I have put hundreds of items back after picking them up, looking at the price on the bottom/tag, saying "Uh....nope." and putting it back. Will their new policy be "You touch it, you buy it?" :cool:
Then Disney shouldn't open yet if already people are against the rules. This is the new normal if you like it or not.

VaderTron

Then Disney shouldn't open yet if already people are against the rules. This is the new normal if you like it or not.
I'm all for the rules. Actually, I'm for improvements on those inadequate rules. The problem is they won't be followed and/or are not going to prevent people from spreading the virus.

Have you been to a grocery store? They also have rules that no one follows.

Parker in NYC

2) I loved how in the ride queue people were touching the handrails and standing too close to the people in front of them. There was a CM that cheerfully pointed and the guests immediately and happily adjusted their behavior. FAT CHANCE of that at WDW. Instead you will get Wilma, Billy Bob and their horde clamoring all over the rails, licking them, screaming at each other, pushing and shoving in line and bumping into the people in front or behind them. Wilma will be on her phone half-heartedly saying, "Jasper, stop that." A timid 18-year-old CM who hates confrontations will try to get their attention and point out what they are doing. Wilma, irritated, will look up from her phone, "Well what do you want me to do about it?! Start wiping stuff off and maybe get this line moving!"

3) The ride queues have gloves for riders to use. Gloves only help if you put them on after thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water. Otherwise, you are touching the outsides of the gloves with contaminated hands and then placing that contamination on anything you touch with those gloves.

4) They have hand sanitizer at the exit queue with press-pump action. Yes! Please push down with your bare hand on the pump that thousands of people before you just touched. While hand sanitizer is better than nothing, it is not as effective as hand washing and does not kill all of the virus that you may have just touched.

5) "Please only touch merchandise that you plan on purchasing." :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: ......I mean....are they serious!??? Have they seen people looking at items in one of their shops before? I hope they are "The Price is Right" legends, because I know myself I have put hundreds of items back after picking them up, looking at the price on the bottom/tag, saying "Uh....nope." and putting it back. Will their new policy be "You touch it, you buy it?" :cool:

Can this post get its own pinned thread? It sums it all up. 👏👏👏

beefog

Mask don't help anyway, you have eyes and ears, if something wants to get into your boby it will enter through those 2 openings. I would go if the mask was not required and If I am staying onsite I am gauranteed to get into one of the parks of my choice without an issue for the entire time I am on site. Including park hopping.

SpaceMountain77

The video presents strategies that are both reasonable and in accordance with CDC guidelines. However, guests had difficulty entering the parks, understanding FastPass+ reservations, and properly navigating pathway flows prior to the pandemic. Based on my own direct experiences, coupling general park ignorance with social distancing practices will be challenging and an experience that I could do without. Moreover, in our New Jersey town, we have observed several instances, at Walgreens and USPS, of individuals accosting others without masks or failing to practice social distancing. Given what I have observed under normal circumstances in the parks, I can only imagine the aggression between guests when sitting at a marked table or crossing ground-marked boundaries.

I am an annual passholder and DVC member who visits three or four times annually. Although I am a Disney devotee, I can wait to visit later this year or next.

nickys

Premium Member
Mask don't help anyway, you have eyes and ears, if something wants to get into your boby it will enter through those 2 openings. I would go if the mask was not required and If I am staying onsite I am gauranteed to get into one of the parks of my choice without an issue for the entire time I am on site. Including park hopping.

Wearing a mask isn’t to protect you (unless you have a real medical grade one, which you should only have if you’re a medical worker). It’s to protect other people.

peter11435

Your eyes and ears don’t cough or sneeze and generally don’t expel respiratory droplets. Remember it’s not about you.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I think the mask enforcement problem will be similar to when they instituted smoking sections in the parks and people smoked other places anyway, except it will be much worse because the number of people not wanting to wear masks will be way greater than non-compliant smokers.

VaderTron

The point of a mask is not to protect the wearer. It's to stop someone who is carrying the virus but does not know it or is not displaying symptoms severe enough for them to notice/be excluded by the "health screening" process from spreading virus out of their mouth through coughing, breathing, sneezing, or speaking. Little bits can still get out even with a good mask, which is what the 6ft distancing rule and frequent washing of surfaces where the virus in your spittle could have landed are for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom