Would you stay in the Castle Suite?

Considering all that goes along with the prize, Would you stay in the Castle Suite?

• Total voters

davidpw97

Original Poster
In another thread about the Castle Suite a poster said that because of the hassle involved staying in the suite might be more of an inconvenience than anything if you happened to win that prize. Personally I think it would depend on who I was with and how long of a trip I was on. If I were with my family (and there's more than 4 of us) I may have to turn the prize down because I just don't think there'd be any fair way for me to decide who got to stay in the suite and who couldn't unless the whole family got to atleast take a tour of the suite and check it out first. If I were on a mancation I don't see any of us 20something guys being too thrilled with spending a night in a princesses castle unless they stocked the fridge with beer and we each got our own chambermaid, so i'd probably have to turn it down in that case as well. But if I were alone or with a gf or were married with a couple kids then I would say YES in a second.

So the Question is if you won the chance to spend the night in the suite, would you? considering all the other things that are involved with it according to the rules (leading the parade, vip view of parades/wishes, having to go back to your hotel during the day to pack a bag, time away from the park and maybe not being able to ride as many rides as you'd like).

One word: Magic...

I'd love to - for the simple reason of being able to stay up all night, and watch what actually happens in the parks after hours. I know it's silly and I know it's just a bunch of people cleaning and wandering around, but I'd still really enjoy it.

One of those things I've always wanted to do. Kind of like having an apartment in the mall. Being able to get up in the morning and go to the food court in your pajamas is a very similar idea.

Magic - how we all wish the world would really be - and why we all go to the parks in the first place.

Epcot82Guy

I am a bit conflicted on it. It would depend on how many days I was there. My current vacations have been 2.5 days, so taking the time out wouldn't be as much an option. But, it would be a huge opportunity and just, plain cool. I would like to think I would say yes, but I can't say that 100%. Now, if we can get that chambermaid thing and a keg of Terrapin, we just might have something...:drevil:

KrazyKemp

More than likely I would accept the Castle Suite prize, only a small number of people will have the opportunity to sleep in the room, and I am sure that everyone on these boards would give me "the black spot" for not accepting! :lookaroun

And if nothing else, it would be an amazing memory and a great story to tell your children/grandchildren...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Absolutely! The only conceivable way I'd turn it down were if they awarded it on my departure day and I couldn't reschedule my flights. But I'd try really hard to reschedule before saying no! :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
:eek: I guess I'm the first to vote "no".

I just don't like the idea of being stuck in there. If I could go out and wander the park, then yes, but my understanding is you're not allowed to do that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would take it a heartbeat. You are getting one of the most unique experiences at WDW. So what if this involves you being away from the parks for a couple of hours.

tink rules

I'd take it because I'm sure next year, it will be rented by Tom Cruise or somebody for a week... (and I bet THEY'D be able to roam around...)

And if I win...I'm leaving the family home (they're all married and have families...) (except my mom...but she'd want to stay up all night and "talk" to Dopey...) Hey...they'd all leave ME home... :lol:

gjpjtj

Absolutely! The only conceivable way I'd turn it down were if they awarded it on my departure day and I couldn't reschedule my flights. But I'd try really hard to reschedule before saying no! :lol:

I would change all of my plans to spend the night!:king:

I'd love to see the suite itself, but I have no desire to actually stay there.. It is a truly unique experience, but I think I would feel almost lonely being there all by myself.. If I had to choose a prize, I would rather win a free trip to come back to WDW.. But I guess I'm the minority here.. :eek:

justducky78

Without a doubt...

How cool would it be to stay in the castle suite?! It's a once in a lifetime experience for a Disney fan and that would MORE than make up for a little bit of "hassle."

I can't believe anyone would actually turn down the offer!

SnowFire

I would absolutely have to stay there. First, It's something very few people will ever have the chance to do. Second, (and most importantly) my eight year old daughter would love it.

New2WDW

We would love to! But after reading all the info...do you get to stay in the park free the next day or do you get booted out?

In my understanding you have to be a resort guest already so technically you have already paid for a room that you will not be in while at the castle (yes I know - no comparison) and when you get picked while at a park you basically give up that park ticket to go and do the events that come with the prize. Then do you get a free day at MK the next morning????

Do not get me wrong we would do it in a minute for the experience but I was just curious about the next morning and also Disney is not losing out either.

New2

New2WDW

I would absolutely have to stay there. First, It's something very few people will ever have the chance to do. Second, (and most importantly) my eight year old daughter would love it.

Welcome to the boards Snowfire!:wave: Nice oxymoron namesake!

BG Rugger

Maybe for a night or two, but then I'd want to go back to Dixie Landings (POR). It would be an awesome experience but I would want the amenities of a resort, i.e. pools, bus stops to all the parks right outside your door, quiet places to relax etc.

davidpw97

Original Poster
I don't think you will missing seeing the park with 2 hours alone in the park with VIP guides!

True, but it doesn't say anything about actually being able to ride any rides during that time. I guess thats the part that would concern me. Let's say i've never been to MK before and now I have to spend all day doing whatever I have to do as part of the prize. It would be an awesome experience but at the same time I might be missing out on some of the things that normal guests get to do like ride things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom