Would you prefer a larger shower and no tub?

Shower or bath?

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
I...personally, agree. As I am allergic to most dogs. And, just like smoking in a room (and, mind you, I'm an ex-smoker, amazing how bad it smells after you quit, and yet you still "crave" it), Dogs also leave a smell.

Wasn't my intent...I meant more for selling a home...but, nice catch!
I agree with you on all counts! Cheers!

MomofPrincessGrace

For my home, I would love to have a tub. Past two homes I have lived in have a shower only in the master bath and I totally miss being able to just soak. In hotel room, especially at Disney, I like tubs as well. I don't soak in a hotel tub, but I do enjoy soaking my feet after a long day at the parks.

miltimo5

Personally I do take a bath while there. I have bad knees and after a day of walking a hot soak helps ease the pain. then I take a shower lol when I am done. but I usually stay a value resorts and they don't have hot tubs/jacuzzis

daringstoic

Bigger shower. I've been traveling M-F for work most weeks for the last 5 years and all that time in hotels has proven to me that I do not want to sit in a tub used by who knows how many people that may or may not have actually been cleaned since the last guest. Even at Pop Century two trips ago, we had wads of hair stuck all over the walls in our tub/shower, so you really can't count on Disney hotels being cleaned to a higher standard.

Daddyoh

My family is with you, I've been on this same quest for years and not only with Disney. Having,mobility issues I cannot use a tub nor do I feel safe getting in and out of one. This issue forces me to request a roll in shower room which I know takes it away from someone who may actually need one such as totally non ambulatory person. I constantly ask those I have made contact with when exactly was the last time themselves have taken a bath in their hotels. Needless to say there is silence then a reluctant agreement that tubs aren't the best. To me it would just be a rather simple fix and create more rooms with just showers by replacing the tubs. As far as with children I can understand using a tub but why not make it fun for them too, like running in the rain on a hot summer days "shower".

Joebradley62

So in another thread (in which there was a little brouhaha due to some misunderstanding) a poster asked about a size of the tubs in the rooms. My wife and I kind of find the idea of taking a bath for the purpose of bathing a little gross when compared to a shower. My question is would people here rather have a really nice large shower with a bunch of amenities (bench, rain shower head and shower massage, etc) or do they prefer a bath? We figured a lot of families like the bath for younger kids but how many adults actually take a bath?
Nothing I love better than soaking in a Lukewarm pool of my own filth.

Joebradley62

Have you ever seen a diaper, even a swim diaper, which is now required, once in the pool, for even a little bit? With all due respect, it is not gonna hold Poo in. Shock it all you want, that is still poo water you are swimming in. It runs down the legs, into the water, once wet. 😑🤮. Takes quite awhile for the “shock”to attack and kill it.
Disney resorts routinely close pools due to accidents. I have been swimming in public pools for over 50 years never gotten sick. Dont drink the water.

BellFamily2000

So in another thread (in which there was a little brouhaha due to some misunderstanding) a poster asked about a size of the tubs in the rooms. My wife and I kind of find the idea of taking a bath for the purpose of bathing a little gross when compared to a shower. My question is would people here rather have a really nice large shower with a bunch of amenities (bench, rain shower head and shower massage, etc) or do they prefer a bath? We figured a lot of families like the bath for younger kids but how many adults actually take a bath?
Shower any day! I feel like baths are not the cleanest way to get clean lol if that makes sense. Soaking in my own filth is not a way I want to end my day! :)

note2001

I absolutely guarantee that Disney's pools are cleaner than your own.
Absolutely true as I don't have a pool at home.
However, comparing it to my parent's or neighbor's pools growing up, I disagree. Never have I or a sibling gotten ill from swimming in those neighbrohood pools, and yet every year, year after year my youngest fell prey to a stomach bug soon after swimming at Disney (kids ingest water no matter what you tell them). It took about 5 years to figure out, but the pattern was there: it only happened after swimming, and if he skipped swimming that first day or so it wouldn't hit him until later in the trip when he did swim.

Last edited:

Dutch Inn '76

As adults, we might prefer to shower - but that's beside the point. ANY hotel that caters to the general public MUST offer a tub in their guest rooms. Most young children bathe in tubs, and enough adults do that they must provide them. Some folks need them just to soak their feet.

mrcarder

Yes, great question. We started taking our kids when the youngest was 1, so for first couple of family trips - bath was a necessity. We would clean tub thoroughly first night.

But now, and for a number of years, we all shower and would very much prefer a large shower and no bath.

spock8113

Doesn't much matter. With the newer curved shower curtain rods, there's more than enough room to get goofy clean.

The problem I do have, and with other hotel chains, is their faucets,

It seems to me that a lot of water, especially in Florida, is wasted by these faucets.
Basically, the water flow goes right to 110% down the drain, then you throw on the shower head and the flow gets slightly restricted to 101%.
Myself, "A" treatment plant operator, being somewhat familiar with what goes out of Americans' waste pipes, you'd think Disney would use a more efficient faucet/shower head.
Then you need to consider the even larger amounts of wasted hot water and associated energy costs.
They could probably cut energy costs and vastly reduce the loading on their treatment plant considerably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom