Would you prefer a larger shower and no tub?

Shower or bath?

• Total voters

DisneyGigi

I do find it very odd that so many of you find the hotel tub gross but almost certainly jump straight in a pool i bet.
I have not been in a public pool of any kind, since I was a teenager, and then maybe twice. The same thought process- keeps me away from water parks, Disney or any other kind. 😑 I only swim in my pool. If you have small kids, as we did, with grandkids, last trip, you have to have a bathtub, but I Lysoled the crap out of it. I do that to the shower too, well, the whole room. But pools are just as nasty as tubs to me.

UncleMike101

I do find it very odd that so many of you find the hotel tub gross but almost certainly jump straight in a pool i bet.
Nope.....
I haven't been in a public use pool since 1967 when I overheard a half dozen kids bragging about whizzing in the Holiday Inn pool in Ft. Lauderdale over Spring Break. :hungover:

CaptainAmerica

I have not been in a public pool of any kind, since I was a teenager, and then maybe twice. The same thought process- keeps me away from water parks, Disney or any other kind. 😑 I only swim in my pool. If you have small kids, as we did, with grandkids, last trip, you have to have a bathtub, but I Lysoled the crap out of it. I do that to the shower too, well, the whole room. But pools are just as nasty as tubs to me.
I absolutely guarantee that Disney's pools are cleaner than your own.

durangojim

Original Poster
On our most recent Disney cruise the pools were closed three straight days in a row due to “presents” and Stormalong Bay was closed due to “someone loosing their magic band”. I’m pretty sure that no one has ever lost a magic band at my house. I think kids under five should be confined to one pool and everyone else should without the fear of incontinence should be able to enjoy all other pools. Now back to our shower vs bath discussion:bored:

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

On our most recent Disney cruise the pools were closed three strait days in a row due to “presents” and Stormalong Bay was closed due to “someone loosing their magic band”. I’m pretty sure that no one has ever lost a magic band at my house. I think kids under five should be confined to one pool and everyone else should without the fear of incontinence should be able to enjoy all other pools. Now back to our shower vs bath discussion:bored:
That's a rule already. Kids at risk of BMing in the pool are required to wear a diaper.

DisneyGigi

That's a rule already. Kids at risk of BMing in the pool are required to wear a diaper.
Have you ever seen a diaper, even a swim diaper, which is now required, once in the pool, for even a little bit? With all due respect, it is not gonna hold Poo in. Shock it all you want, that is still poo water you are swimming in. It runs down the legs, into the water, once wet. 😑🤮. Takes quite awhile for the “shock”to attack and kill it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would like a larger shower, but I do think the tub needs to stay a thing.

Oh, I just realized, this isn't about at the resort...but your home.

Well...I am renovating my upstairs bath (the one I use every day, I have two up there, but I'm doing mine) and, yeah, I'm taking out the bathtub and going with a larger shower. And, I'm actually removing the garden tub from the other one (it's huge) and replacing it with a smaller tub...one with jets, mind you...but, not the massive two person garden tub that is there right now.

But, for hotels (or homes), you need at least one bathtub, for a variety of reasons (kids, dogs, large projects involving water that you can't do outside, etc).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If parents need a tub to bathe children, then what do they do on cruise ships?

Speaking of, I'd prefer a tiny cruise ship shower to a tub. Tubs are dangerous to shower in with their smooth, curved floors. And then there is wrestling with the shower curtain.

In a perfect world, there'd be two small showers rather than than a tub.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If parents need a tub to bathe children, then what do they do on cruise ships?

Speaking of, I'd prefer a tiny cruise ship shower to a tub. Tubs are dangerous to shower in with their smooth, curved floors. And then there is wrestling with the shower curtain.

In a perfect world, there'd be two small showers rather than than a tub.
The Disney Cruise Ships (the only ones I've ever been on)...have a small tub in the state rooms.

durangojim

Original Poster
I would like a larger shower, but I do think the tub needs to stay a thing.

Oh, I just realized, this isn't about at the resort...but your home.

Well...I am renovating my upstairs bath (the one I use every day, I have two up there, but I'm doing mine) and, yeah, I'm taking out the bathtub and going with a larger shower. And, I'm actually removing the garden tub from the other one (it's huge) and replacing it with a smaller tub...one with jets, mind you...but, not the massive two person garden tub that is there right now.

But, for hotels (or homes), you need at least one bathtub, for a variety of reasons (kids, dogs, large projects involving water that you can't do outside, etc).
DOGS!? Ok so now you’re bringing the whole “should Disney allow pets at resorts?” thing into this?!;) Jeez Louise! Of course they shouldn’t!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
DOGS!? Ok so now you’re bringing the whole “should Disney allow pets at resorts?” thing into this?!;) Jeez Louise! Of course they shouldn’t!
I...personally, agree. As I am allergic to most dogs. And, just like smoking in a room (and, mind you, I'm an ex-smoker, amazing how bad it smells after you quit, and yet you still "crave" it), Dogs also leave a smell.

Wasn't my intent...I meant more for selling a home...but, nice catch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom