Would you pay for club level?

Leigh51

Original Poster
Guess that pretty much summed up my question.I'm thinking light food and beer/wine might be worth it.Are the club level conscierges better than the ones at the lobby?Thank you for your input.

Darkbeer1

Where, at a Disneyland Hotel, or off property?

Seems the Sheraton Park Club level is worth it for the better room and view, the breakfast, and the other food/drink that is available.

How much more do they want? And what do you get? How many people in the room?

Tom

Beta Return
We've stayed club several times, but always on a discount. Is it "worth it"? To each their own. Depends on what you like to spoil yourself with.

Do you have other expensive hobbies, or do you go to every sporting event? You might not see the value in club. Our hobby is Disney, and we enjoy premium experiences, so that's where we "waste" our money.

Nobody can tell you if it's worth it, you have to decide for yourself. It's worth it for us.

westie

Club level at WDW, yes. DLR probably not. At WDW there are shows and rezzies the Concierge can do for you. At DLR its a bit more intimate and you can do most everything on your own and possibly before you arrive.

TP2000

Guess that pretty much summed up my question.I'm thinking light food and beer/wine might be worth it.Are the club level conscierges better than the ones at the lobby?Thank you for your input.

From my experience in a Grand Californian concierge room, the "concierge" working in the lounge is nothing but a hostess and coffee maker. Except the hilarious part is that when I wandered into the lounge at 10:15am they were out of coffee, and the hostess came up with this brilliant solution as her reply to me... "You could go into Downtown Disney and the La Brea Bakery has coffee" This was a few years ago before Starbucks opened, so I assume her answers now include Starbucks. She of course said that with a big perky smile, which to her and her managers means she was Providing World-Class Guest Service. Except she wasn't.

The kids they pay to staff the lounges and the guest service desks in the lobby can only answer basic questions you could get from the Disneyland App or your guidemap or the nearest janitor with a kind face sweeping up popcorn. They can't get you reservations to anything that is booked, they can't do anything for you in the parks, and sometimes they can't even keep the coffee urn full in the Concierge Lounge.

And if they can't even get you a reserved seat at the Hyperion Theater, you can darn well bet this fake "concierge" has absolutely no skills or ability to get you a seat at the Hollywood Bowl or La Jolla Playhouse or Memorial Coliseum. They are a concierge in name only, and even a request for a cup of coffee is a daunting challenge for them. But they wear tweedy uniforms and have big cheesy smiles while they tell you no.

And concierge level rooms at the Grand Californian are exactly the same size and style as regular level rooms.

Don't bother with a concierge room, unless you really, really like to hang out in the lounge and eat chips and drink Cokes all day while thumbing through a "free" copy of USA Today.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

The DLH club lounge is the only one on property I like. Spacious and you can get free alcohol just about all day. And uncrustables. Free uncrustables.

It’s amazing

vancee

I've been in both the Penthouse and Fairy tale suite (both at DLH) a few times, sometimes they have some really good food. Theres a refrigerator FILLED with many different varieties of soda and free alcohol (EXCEPT PERRIER!:( I always used to ask for a few perriers a while back, but recently they stopped buying perrier). I've been there a few times a couple of days in a row and the dinner snacks were never the same. Sometimes they have the chicken nuggets from the park (yum!), shrimp, filled mushrooms, and a bunch of other yummy stuff. Then, there are days where the food isn't great. And yes, as @GiveMeTheMusic said, UNCRUSTABLES!! But sometimes they run out :mad:. Most of the time the desert is disappointing, usually it's stuff from the park that doesn't sell well I guess.

They had a computer in there for the kids a while back but recently I went and it was no longer there. Staff is very nice, we asked for chocolate milk before (they don't carry it on them) and the nice lady went downstairs just to get us some. Is the whole thing worth it? No, not really... but you get all you can eat food, drinks, alcohol, uncrustables, desert, and they reserve seats for you at the shows.

Nonsuch

I've been in both the Penthouse and Fairy tale suite (both at DLH) a few times...
...Is the whole thing worth it? No, not really... but you get all you can eat food, drinks, alcohol, uncrustables, desert, and they reserve seats for you at the shows.
Guests in Signature Suites (like you had) are able to to book seating (in actual chairs) for night shows (fireworks, F!, WOC, PTN...) in the same locations used by VIP Tours.

Other Club Level guests are sometimes able to book some daytime shows (Frozen, Magical Map, parade), but not the Nighttime Spectaculars.

COrunner

Having paid for the club level at the Yacht Club I would do so in the future.

Pros: Food throughout the day, dedicated lounge area and quick access to the resort entrances/exits/pool, at the time we were given a concierge that we could text any request to and they would attempt to facilitate. We used this to get fast passes, dinner reservations among others.

Cons: The price. We were there for 3 or 4 nights. Any longer and we might have gone without club and gone to a hotel around bay lake instead.

AuburnBelle919

I have stayed club level once at the Boardwalk as a splurge (with a discount). I really enjoyed it and would do it again (looking for when discounts come out for late April to see if I can swing it). At the boardwalk they have a chef come up every night and cook two appetizers from the menu of one of the restaurants on the Boardwalk (trattoria, flying fish, etc). That was a really special touch I thought and really yummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom