Would you like to see Disney Skyliner expand to all 4 parks and see the newly planned Brightline Train eventually connect WDW?

montyz81

Screenshot 2022-01-26 100851.png

How about this. Most of the Skyliner would be in the woods. Less visibly intrusive. This pretty much leaves Key West, Port Orleans & Saratoga as the only bus to park connected resorts (not including Springs).

UNCgolf

I think somebody earlier said that ride would take too long.

Yeah, I think that would be a 30+ minute ride.

More importantly for Disney, it would eliminate options for future expansion. They'd have to build around the Skyliner through that whole area.

UNCgolf

I suspect that it would be quicker than the bus. This would be 10 minutes at the most including the turn at Coronado.

Much longer. That's over 5 miles and the Skyliner only moves at 11 mph at top speed, and of course it goes slower than that coming into and leaving stations. It would be 30+ minutes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Much longer. That's over 5 miles and the Skyliner only moves at 11 mph at top speed, and of course it goes slower than that coming into and leaving stations. It would be 30+ minutes.

Yeah, this is one of the trade offs with the Skyliner. It has a low top speed, but barring problems it moves continuously. The current lines make a lot of sense when compared to busses because the busses would have to make a lot of stops and turns which offsets their speed benefit. When you are talking about connecting MK, you have that long stretch up World Drive where the bus is going to go a lot faster then the Skyliner.

UNCgolf

Yeah, this is one of the trade offs with the Skyliner. It has a low top speed, but barring problems it moves continuously. The current lines make a lot of sense when compared to busses because the busses would have to make a lot of stops and turns which offsets their speed benefit. When you are talking about connecting MK, you have that long stretch up World Drive where the bus is going to go a lot faster then the Skyliner.

Right. The Skyliner works quite well in the confines of what they actually built (even though I'm not a fan), but it's not an especially efficient means of transportation over longer distances.

montyz81

Right. The Skyliner works quite well in the confines of what they actually built (even though I'm not a fan), but it's not an especially efficient means of transportation over longer distances.
Then perhaps a spur off the Epcot line to Coronado, Ak, Allstar, and back to the Epcot line. Cheaper because they are taking advantage of the existing Epcot line, but I know it is more expensive than the Skyliner. We know Cheapik likely wouldn't even go for spending money on a skyline at this point.

UNCgolf

Then perhaps a spur off the Epcot line to Coronado, Ak, Allstar, and back to the Epcot line. Cheaper because they are taking advantage of the existing Epcot line, but I know it is more expensive than the Skyliner. We know Cheapik likely wouldn't even go for spending money on a skyline at this point.

I think the issue here is that anything that involves building Skyliner routes across a longer stretch of undeveloped land is problematic for future development. I believe the current routes all run along/over existing development except for the CBR to DHS line, which is only over a few tenths of a mile of undeveloped land (i.e. a space too small for any major future development).

If they stick to following roads etc. then the route is going to have multiple turn stations and likely take much longer than a bus.

montyz81

I think the issue here is that anything that involves building Skyliner routes across a longer stretch of undeveloped land is problematic for future development. I believe the current routes all run along/over existing development except for the CBR to DHS line, which is only over a few tenths of a mile of undeveloped land (i.e. a space too small for any major future development).

If they stick to following roads etc. then the route is going to have multiple turn stations and likely take much longer than a bus.
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant a spur in terms of additional Monorail track, not skyline track.

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to think land is undevelpable. Look at the new Swalphin Resort. Talk about small. There is more land between CBR and DHS to put in a few resorts at that size.

RollerCoaster

You'll never see a skyliner to MK. It would essentially run parallel to the monorail. If they built anything at all (which I doubt), it would be a connector from the Int'l Gateway to the front of Epcot. You would then transfer to the monorail.

View attachment 612055

The only way to get to AK by Skyliner would be to extend the HS line. However, it would have to go slightly southwest over the park in a straight line to get to a station at the front of AK. And near the HS fireworks launch site. Yikes! I don't see that happening either.

View attachment 612054

You're looking at it too literally. The existing lines have angle stations and stop at resorts along the way.

WDW_Emily

I would love to see something that connects DAK to hotels/other parks besides busses.

I also think each resort should have some alternate form of transportation to at least 1 of the parks or Disney Springs if they are not within walking distance to a park. Wishful thinking but I feel like that should just be a perk staying on property. With that being said, I would like to see the skyliner (or something else) brought to All Stars, Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom