Would you like to see Disney Skyliner expand to all 4 parks and see the newly planned Brightline Train eventually connect WDW?

PrinceAladdin9421

Original Poster
I know Brightline is in the very early developing stages in terms of getting construction ready and all but do you think it would be nice to have Brightline this new High Speed Rail which I hear could eventually connect Orlando to Miami down the line you think could link to Walt Disney World plus the Skyliner transport system could connect to all 4 parks maybe I see though Magic Kingdom is strangely a little far from DHS, Epcot, and DAK I wonder why that is I know it’s still all Disney property.

lazyboy97o

The Brightline line between Orlando and Miami is actively under construction. Brightline already has an agreement in place to build a station at Walt Disney World as the first phase of their expansion from Orlando to Tampa. They are currently in the processes of securing the route to Walt Disney World.

There’s a pretty length thread about Brightline with updates here:

The location of the Magic Kingdom is based on the initial master plans for the property developed when Walt Disney was alive. EPCOT Center was placed in the area where EPCOT was planned to be built. Disney-MGM Studios was built nearby as part of a larger development project around that area that included the hotels, convention facilities and Boardwalk. Disney’s Animal Kingdom was placed to be remote from everything else.

JoeCamel

I know Brightline is in the very early developing stages in terms of getting construction ready and all but do you think it would be nice to have Brightline this new High Speed Rail which I hear could eventually connect Orlando to Miami down the line you think could link to Walt Disney World plus the Skyliner transport system could connect to all 4 parks maybe I see though Magic Kingdom is strangely a little far from DHS, Epcot, and DAK I wonder why that is I know it’s still all Disney property.
This is not news, rumors or current events. Blue sky is more appropriate

gerarar

Premium Member
At the very least, the Skyliner should be expanded to connect AK to help with park hopping. Depending only on the busses to hop to and from that park isn't much a good experience. However, hopping from HS to Epcot (and vice versa) by Skyliner has been really beneficial in my personal experience.

Last week, me and a boat load of other people waited almost 25 mins for the HS bus in the AK bus area. And everyone wasn't able to fit, so people behind me waited even longer. Got in line around 1:50pm, which is right around park hopping time.

ToTBellHop

1641095926451.gif

Touchdown

At the very least, the Skyliner should be expanded to connect AK to help with park hopping. Depending only on the busses to hop to and from that park isn't much a good experience. However, hopping from HS to Epcot (and vice versa) by Skyliner has been really beneficial in my personal experience.

Last week, me and a boat load of other people waited almost 25 mins for the HS bus in the AK bus area. And everyone wasn't able to fit, so people behind me waited even longer. Got in line around 1:50pm, which is right around park hopping time.
Don’t take the park hopping buses, they are always poorly staffed with long run times. Next time you want to go to DHS take the bus to the crescent lake resorts (and then walk or boat to DHS) or CBR/Rivera (and skyline.) so much quicker.

doctornick

I found the skyliner to be really inefficient and too situational when I used it. So personally, I don't think it's a good idea and I doubt they would build a brightline because I don't think that company is affiliated with Disney.

We absolutely loved the Skyliner on our trip this past summer and found it quick and easy to use. Honestly, I think it is cool enough to ride around just for the fun of it alone regardless of taking it to get somewhere.

I realize others have had poorer experiences with the system but I'd love to see it expanded to other locations on property. Another line that goes from DHS to Coronado and/or Blizzard Beach and/or DAK would be great.

ryguy

I could see them adding skyliner from AKL to AK. I don't think its necessary anywhere else on property. Train from Tampa to orlando makes perfect sense. Train from Miami to Orlando makes no sense at all.

Patcheslee

I'd just be happy with a walking trail between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom.
How far of a walk is that?
I could see AKL and possibly Coronado being linked to Animal Kingdom. But then prices would increase, and dues for DVC would increase to support the construction. Skyliner had the advantage of a DVC being constructed with it from the beginning to help recover the costs.

lazyboy97o

I doubt they would build a brightline because I don't think that company is affiliated with Disney.
Brightline already has an agreement with Disney to build a station at Walt Disney World.
Doesn't Amtrak go from Miami to Orland and on up the east coast
Yes, but Brightline will be operating on its own tracks along a different route that follows FL-528 and I-95 at higher speeds.

Ayla

Brightline already has an agreement with Disney to build a station at Walt Disney World.

Yes, but Brightline will be operating on its own tracks along a different route that follows FL-528 and I-95 at higher speeds.
Disney Springs, none of the resorts.

MurphyJoe

How far of a walk is that?
I could see AKL and possibly Coronado being linked to Animal Kingdom. But then prices would increase, and dues for DVC would increase to support the construction. Skyliner had the advantage of a DVC being constructed with it from the beginning to help recover the costs.

Breaking out the path tool in Google Earth, it's about 1 mile for a reasonable path from the front of the Lodge to the entrance of AK.

JIMINYCR

I enjoyed riding the Skyliner from EP but I'm not sure I'd like seeing the towers and lines and stations running property wide. They also go down a lot. I wonder if they ran property wide if there would be areas that couldnt be reached by emergency vehicles to extract guests if need be.

vikescaper

Since my family still gets confused on the route of the Skyliner, I do not want to see it expanded…lol. Seriously, every time we are here I have to explain to them that there isn’t a direct line from Epcot to DHS and that you have to transfer at Caribbean Beach. I would use the Brightline once it is built from Tampa to Orlando just to avoid the mess that I-4 is. It took me close to three hours to drive from St. Petersburg to WDW a few weeks ago. Anything to relieve that stress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom