Would you like to see a "scary" Halloween evnt at WDW?

CThaddeus

Leatherface is the one with the chainsaw. Jason has the machete. If your gonna knock it, at least get your facts straight.

The real fact is: I think slasher films are interchangeable and pointless. I do know Jason from Leatherface from Freddy but I chose purposely to create a sarcastic amalgam of these killers. You'll notice I never put a name to the character I was referring to. That you chose to focus so heavily on it shows that perhaps you need to take a step back from the whole thing. You're taking my general opinion of slasher movies and acting like I'm attackng you personally. Ultimately, the point that seems to have been missed due to misplaced focus is that I don't think Walt Disney World is the place for such parties. The MNSSHP Halloween party is enough.

DreamAurora

Honestly it all comes down to marketing. You tell me how Disney is going to effectively market a scarier event to their patrons and have it turn out well? Disney is fun whether or not you have children but having a horror themed event would alienate those families.

If people want scary they can go to the other parks. If you start with halloween you might as well have an adult version of every holiday. Quite frankly, it wouldn't work. Enjoy the haunted mansion and the tower of terror. There's your creepy factor, I don't think disney will ever push past those.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Could have solved that problem quite easily by just buying the Express Passes with your admission.....you basically wait no more than 10 minutes for anything.
So to get full benefit of my $55 Saturday night HHN ticket I would also need to purchase a $65 express pass.

Wow what a bargain!:rolleyes:

So to get full benefit of my $55 Saturday night HHN ticket I would also need to purchase a $65 express pass.

Wow what a bargain!:rolleyes:

Unfortunately HHN isn't about bargains. They make a ton of money from that event and they know there are a lot of people out there that will shell it out.

Lucky for me, they offer the Frequent Fear Pass which gets you into the event opening weekend, every Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday that the event is going on...and I only paid a little over $60 for that ticket. At least with that, I've been able to do all the houses and shows multiple times without having to feel rushed for time. Obviously not everyone who goes to that are locals and can do that, but if you are then I'd highly recommend the FFP.

hls1023

The real fact is: I think slasher films are interchangeable and pointless. I do know Jason from Leatherface from Freddy but I chose purposely to create a sarcastic amalgam of these killers. You'll notice I never put a name to the character I was referring to. That you chose to focus so heavily on it shows that perhaps you need to take a step back from the whole thing. You're taking my general opinion of slasher movies and acting like I'm attackng you personally. Ultimately, the point that seems to have been missed due to misplaced focus is that I don't think Walt Disney World is the place for such parties. The MNSSHP Halloween party is enough.

The fact that I chose to focus so heavily on it is that if I'm going to disagree with someone I'm at least going to get my facts straight. Thats all.

hls1023

I think that Disney should stick to their "family-friendly" version of Halloween and let Universal do theirs. For what each park is trying to achieve, they are both done very well.
I'm a huge horror fan so I choose to go to HHN.:fork:

hack2112

You must have gone the same night I did. Was it also "drunk teenager with fake ID night" as well when you went?
That's my favorite night of the seasin!

Me too!

Tomorrow will be night #5 for me going this year and I've had a blast.

Only one of the nights that I've been this year have involved stupid teenagers. They were trying to get adults to buy them alcohol. Our group ratted them out to the police while waiting in line. Heh. They were pretty loud and obnoxious too, but someone in line behind us took care of that.

Other than that its been a lot of fun.
I'm heading over Nov. 3rd to catch the best night of the season. Oh, and the best Bill and Ted's of the year, but considering how bad it is... It'll take a lot of saving... A whole lot...

Not all of them, just todays... The old ones were good, but now...

tecowdw

Nope. If I wanted a scary event, there's already HallowScream and Busch Gardens and Horror Nights at Universal. I don't like gore, horror or any of that. Especially since it makes for a miserable environment of angsty, rude teenagers.

Give me MNSSHP any day. People who want the horror already have other options.
-m

Ditto for me!

haveyoumetmark

I would love it, but maybe not at Disney. I LOVE HHN. To each his own really, but the slasher films are classics. The only thing I'm missing at HHN this year is Michael Myers. The movie idea is great. Walking through sets you know is just unreal.

I would really love if Universal sold less tickets like MNSSHP. The lines are painful and the express passes sell out fast. They sell too many express passes as it is because when we had them we had to wait a while too.

EDIT: I would venture to say that the ill-mannered teen crowd is in the minority as the event is more for the 21+ crowd. When I went, you better believe the barely legal adult crowds were acting like monkeys.

Damien666

While I would love a "scary" element added to the parks, I don't see the American parks doing it. The only place I could go to for a scary time in Disney would be HKDL. (They actually have a really good Haunted Hotel going on right now.)

Figment571

I think that Disney should indeed make a scary, horrifying event for Halloween. The possibilities are endless. Just think about this: It would let some of the most brilliant creative geniuses let lose there versions of horror. It doesn't have to be blood and guts either. Suspense and psychological scares can be as good if not more effective at scaring the pants off someone.

I personally don't care for horror that much except for the SAW series, (it actually has a cohesive intelligent story, in a horror movie? What a novel idea!) But this market for Halloween is strongly growing to rival that of Christmas. It's too good to pass up! Besides I think Disney could market it well. Maybe even make a 13+ up rule. It could work.

AEfx

Yes, I think it's a great idea. And those who don't like such an event? Well, they know not to go out and buy a ticket. :)

I don't care for the music presented during the Night of Joy, so I don't care to spend my money to attend, but I could care less if the event goes on without my participation (just as I'm sure my lack of participation is of little concern to those that do attend).

AEfx

Nicole220

One year at DL (probably '94 or '95), they had people hiding in HM popping out and scaring people as the doom buggies went by. I was 4 or 5 at the time and was so scared!!! They don't do that anymore...probably got too many complaints.

I-4Warrior

I'm a Disney passholder and a shareholder... great portions of my free time are irrationally Disney-centric, but when October rolls around, I have very little use for the Mouse (other than Food and Wine Festival), because I prefer a scary Halloween offering. Universal fills that need. Honestly, even if Disney was willing to put forth a less-kiddie Halloween event, they're almost 2 decades late leaving the gate behind the U. That's lot of ground to cover, and it's possible they've just conceded it to Universal and Busch Gardens.

Can the patrons at HHN be rude? Uh... yes... but they can be equally as rude at Disney during Food and Wine Festival with the absurd "Drinking around the world" garbage. You want to talk about boorish behavior and rude language? Sure there are going to be teens who are rude and obnoxious at HHN, but I find it possibly more offensive when it's adults acting that way.

I'm a Disney passholder and a shareholder... great portions of my free time are irrationally Disney-centric, but when October rolls around, I have very little use for the Mouse (other than Food and Wine Festival), because I prefer a scary Halloween offering. Universal fills that need. Honestly, even if Disney was willing to put forth a less-kiddie Halloween event, they're almost 2 decades late leaving the gate behind the U. That's lot of ground to cover, and it's possible they've just conceded it to Universal and Busch Gardens.

Can the patrons at HHN be rude? Uh... yes... but they can be equally as rude at Disney during Food and Wine Festival with the absurd "Drinking around the world" garbage. You want to talk about boorish behavior and rude language? Sure there are going to be teens who are rude and obnoxious at HHN, but I find it possibly more offensive when it's adults acting that way.

I completely, 100% agree with you.

Out of the 5 days I've been to HHN this year I have had no problems with drunken idiots or even really witnessed anything out of control. I've seen more drunks over at the Food and Wine Festival than I have at HHN.

It'd be interesting to see what Disney could come up with if they tried for a scary event, but I honestly don't think they really have the "guts" to make it as bloody and scary as Universal does.

Dragonrider1227

Depends really on HOW scary and if it was MGM, I wouldn't mind it But Disney has trouble marketing this. Whenever they try something really scary (except for the Tower of Terror) it always gets mass complaints and they end up toning it down. Like Snow White's Adventures or Alien Encounter. Plus, honestly, if I wanted a scary Halloween, I'd just go to Universal.

darthjohnny

Plus, honestly, if I wanted a scary Halloween, I'd just go to Universal.

I think that would be the mentality of many people. Disney isn't known for doing something along the lines of Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, and Disney would really have to work hard to promote the event in order to show they have something unique to add.

MissM

Whether you're for or against it, I have to say that I can't imagine Disney ever hosting an event that needs one of those, "Event may be too intense for younger guests" warnings. It's just so contradictory to the entire concept of the parks.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom