Would you like to see a "scary" Halloween evnt at WDW?

AEfx

Whether you're for or against it, I have to say that I can't imagine Disney ever hosting an event that needs one of those, "Event may be too intense for younger guests" warnings. It's just so contradictory to the entire concept of the parks.
-m

Gonna have to disagree with you there, MissM. If they wanted to splatter fake blood all over Cindy's Castle, yeah, I'd agree with you...but a night-time MGM event? I don't think they'd have a problem at all.

I also think some people are confusing scary and gory. I don't think anyone thinks Disney is going to put decapitated heads with bodies flayed and guts falling out...but a scarier Halloween event than MNSSHP could really fly at WDW. Get some villians out and really let them be villians. I think anything at WDW would be of the PG-13 variety, not the full on hard R that stuff at HHN has.

I think we as Disney fans have a hard time understanding that not everyone has this ethereal vision of what Disney is supposed to be. If only "families" (which is usually code for "families with small children/toddlers") were the only audience at WDW, we wouldn't have seen PI built, or that the majoirty of the most popular attractions in the parks have height requirements.

AEfx

doop

I would have to say that I am against this idea, I really could never see myself going to such an event in a Disney Park. They are family oriented parks, and having the crap scared out of you doesn't seem to be very family friendly to me. I have no problem with horror, but I don't think it belongs in any Disney Parks.

MissM

Gonna have to disagree with you there, MissM. If they wanted to splatter fake blood all over Cindy's Castle, yeah, I'd agree with you...but a night-time MGM event? I don't think they'd have a problem at all.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I just can't ever imagine they'd have any kind of event that specifically excluded children and was targeted be anti "family friendly". Honestly, I really can't. I'm not saying they don't have a large attendance of guests without children, because of course they do - I myself am such a guest. I'm just saying that it's very against the well-crafted public marketing image of Disney to offer up any event which would require such disclaimers.
-m

disneypearl

I would have to say that I am against this idea, I really could never see myself going to such an event in a Disney Park. They are family oriented parks, and having the crap scared out of you doesn't seem to be very family friendly to me. I have no problem with horror, but I don't think it belongs in any Disney Parks.

I agree with you. Disney is not the place for it. There are plenty of other places that will scare anyone who wants to be scared at Halloween time. Disney is a place for young and old to have fun together.

AEfx

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I just can't ever imagine they'd have any kind of event that specifically excluded children and was targeted be anti "family friendly". Honestly, I really can't. I'm not saying they don't have a large attendance of guests without children, because of course they do - I myself am such a guest. I'm just saying that it's very against the well-crafted public marketing image of Disney to offer up any event which would require such disclaimers.
-m

Why can't scary be family-friendly, just not "small child" friendly? Like I said above, I don't think anyone is talking guts and gore, but I'm sure a lot of 10+ year olds could handle something "scarier". I think we are all talking about different types of events, really.

AEfx

Figment571

Disney can do scary and has potentially almost done scary. There are HM concept sketches that would scare the pants off anyone if it was created. The thing was they were developing scary and unscary when Walt passed away and they had to figure it out themselves, so we really don't know if Walt would do something scary or not.

AEfx

Disney can do scary and has potentially almost done scary. There are HM concept sketches that would scare the pants off anyone if it was created. The thing was they were developing scary and unscary when Walt passed away and they had to figure it out themselves, so we really don't know if Walt would do something scary or not.

I agree.

They have tried it before - Alien Encounter. However, the problem with that is they stuck it in the Magic Kingdom. If AE had been put in MGM (and had it's original Alien - the film - theme) it would probably still be around today.

I guess I just don't see how having an after-hours, hard-ticket event with a bit more scare over at MGM is going to interfere with any family's enjoyment of the MK or wherever. :shrug: I mean, there is an awful lot of rhetoric I see people repeating about what "Disney is all about", but the precedent is there. Dinosuar, the ride, anyone? LOL. Scares the pants off of me...

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom