Would a third Disney pard in the US hurt the 2 existing parks?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I always hear talk about where the next Disney park would be in the US but if that were to ever happen, wouldnt it thin out the attendence and quality of the 2 origional parks?

koryadams

I think just adding to WDW would be enough...having another park would be too much...There's so much growth that can be done to WDW forever! If it ever happened, It better not happen until like 100 years from now.

real mad hatter

theres only WDW.

In my opinion,after visiting Disneyland in L.A. And Disneyland Paris.There's only one park that feels the the real deal,and that's WDW in Florida,please west coasters,don't fall out with me.This is just my opinion.

209vaughn

In my opinion,after visiting Disneyland in L.A. And Disneyland Paris.There's only one park that feels the the real deal,and that's WDW in Florida,please west coasters,don't fall out with me.This is just my opinion.

I can understand the underwhelming feeling of DisneyLand when you've only been exposed to WDW. But i think for most west coasters DisneyLand still holds a lot of charm, especially if you stay onsite.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They don't care about the parks, fund the parks and probably don't set foot in the parks.
Who are you referring to? The Board of Directors? Who is "they"?

A company the size of Disney is made up of Divisions.

I can guarantee you that the Parks Division people are in the parks quite regularly.

Walt Disney1955

I can understand the underwhelming feeling of DisneyLand when you've only been exposed to WDW. But i think for most west coasters DisneyLand still holds a lot of charm, especially if you stay onsite.

Man I hope not! All I ever hear about Disneyland is good things and even WDW veterans say that while WDW as a whole beats DL the two flaghsip parks (MK vs. DL) generally seem to go in favour of DL. The main reason I hope not is because I plan on going there in June and staying across the street at the Howard Johnson hotel. Let's just say I fully expect to enjoy DL just as much despite the differences between the parks.

I always hear talk about where the next Disney park would be in the US but if that were to ever happen, wouldnt it thin out the attendence and quality of the 2 origional parks?

They really shouldn't to be honest. Both parks on each coast is good enough. Like someone said the space in WDW should keep them busy for a long, long time. It is arguable that they could place 10 major parks in there not including Typhoon or Blizzard. The land they own there is bigger than the city of San Francisco.

I know Disneyland is up to the rim when it comes to space but WDW isn't.

I suppose if they are going to put it anywhere Texas would be the first choice. It has to be a great weather state. Texas is extremely hot, but then again they said that about Florida too. It would make little sense for them to put one in New Orleans since it is so close to Orlando. I have heard posters on here say St. Louis or Tennessee. No way. They have winter there, they get snow, not always a whole lot, but some. I'll give you an example, Dollywood in Tennessee is open until late November and then doesn't open again until late March. You can't have a new Disney park that is open 8 months a year.

Two locations is enough in the US. It is hard enough to get to both in your lifetime as it is. I am 31 and have routinely been to WDW but not DL yet until this summer.

lighteningqueen

NOT because I live in Texas is why I am saying this. I really think it wouldn't hurt them at all. I know many many people who will not fly nor can afford to fly their family in either direction from Texas. Also the drive is 2 full days and more either way. Texas for the most part has great weather here.. San Antonio New Braunfels area San Marcos would be fantastic for all counts. Weather, location,etc. People and I mean lots of them, cannot afford that much time off and the money to drive or fly to go to Disney. I am constantly selling Disney to people her. Even though i get nothing LOL.. But bottom line we need a mid way for people who may never get to go and will never get to go because of how far it is either way. If it takes 2 hard days to drive from Mid Texas and 2 hard days back Lets say 5 days total travel then what does that week vacation get in Disney.. 2 days.. Not worth going . So those people may never get to go. I know tons of people that would gladly spend time and money at Disney if they could go and take more than one week off. lets face it.. You need more than even 4 days there to enjoy it and if its spent traveling or airfare that is ridiculous.. Disney would have a whole new world of Lovers if they could only go.. I hope they can quit building overseas. Those people all come here so why are they building them there. JMHO

the-reason14

NOT because I live in Texas is why I am saying this. I really think it wouldn't hurt them at all. I know many many people who will not fly nor can afford to fly their family in either direction from Texas. Also the drive is 2 full days and more either way. Texas for the most part has great weather here.. San Antonio New Braunfels area San Marcos would be fantastic for all counts. Weather, location,etc. People and I mean lots of them, cannot afford that much time off and the money to drive or fly to go to Disney. I am constantly selling Disney to people her. Even though i get nothing LOL.. But bottom line we need a mid way for people who may never get to go and will never get to go because of how far it is either way. If it takes 2 hard days to drive from Mid Texas and 2 hard days back Lets say 5 days total travel then what does that week vacation get in Disney.. 2 days.. Not worth going . So those people may never get to go. I know tons of people that would gladly spend time and money at Disney if they could go and take more than one week off. lets face it.. You need more than even 4 days there to enjoy it and if its spent traveling or airfare that is ridiculous.. Disney would have a whole new world of Lovers if they could only go.. I hope they can quit building overseas. Those people all come here so why are they building them there. JMHO

While i would have agreed with this years ago as I live in Texas too, I don't think it would be a good spot for a Disney property. It's smack dab in between DLR and WDW. I think the most logical place would he somewhere up north. I don't see then really ever building another resort, but i don't think Texas would be the place. Even though I have to admit a Disneyland or world in my 'backyard' would be really nice. And i also don't think the distance is that bad from here to WDW but i guess it depends on which part of Texas your in. If anything from a Texas perspective a trip to WDW is always worth it imo, don't know if I can say the same for DLR though.

MarkTwain

While i would have agreed with this years ago as I live in Texas too, I don't think it would be a good spot for a Disney property. It's smack dab in between DLR and WDW. I think the most logical place would he somewhere up north. I don't see then really ever building another resort, but i don't think Texas would be the place. Even though I have to admit a Disneyland or world in my 'backyard' would be really nice. And i also don't think the distance is that bad from here to WDW but i guess it depends on which part of Texas your in. If anything from a Texas perspective a trip to WDW is always worth it imo, don't know if I can say the same for DLR though.

I don't think Disney would ever build a theme park where climate was a concern, though. Every existing Disney theme park in the world is open year-round, and believe me, there are just times of year in the north when no one wants to even go outside, much less into a theme park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think a pard would be kind of dangerous anywhere...what do you think?
AberdeenBestiaryFolio008vLeopardDetail.jpg

Walt Disney1955

I don't think Disney would ever build a theme park where climate was a concern, though. Every existing Disney theme park in the world is open year-round, and believe me, there are just times of year in the north when no one wants to even go outside, much less into a theme park.

I agree. I live an hour west of Toronto. Believe me, even Canadians hate shovelling their snow and this has been a ridiculously mild and snowless (for the most part) winter. The last thing I'd do right now is go to a theme park in this weather. But like I said earlier, even Dollywood in Tennessee is closed at this time of year and doesn't open until March 26th.

Hrudey3032

Just think if they stayed open in winter at a midwestern Disney Park and it snowed/sleeted. How many lawsuits would crop up from all the people who would possibly slip and fall on the ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom