Would a Florida Adventure Fit in, in Orlando?

Michael72688

Original Poster
Of course I have heard very little good things about Disney's California Adventure, but would a park like that fit in better in Orlando? I mean we've already got the people, also there are no real "thrill parks" in Central Florida (except IOA, which is awesome) in California, I believe there a few. So tell me what you think, and if it would ever happen.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Florida doesn’t seem to be that densely populated so I’m sure there would be enough room to construct something like a theme park.

WDWSwashbuckler

they'd probably even have room to build something like this on Disney's property!! Otherwise, I'm certain they could easily find somewhere else to build it!

WDWSwashbuckler

see that's something else totally! Duh to me :hammer: anyways, I dunno if I can picture florida adventure, I really honestly don't really like the Cali adventure...

meanmice

They have the room for it, but I don't know if it would be so great. I havn't heard anything good about the one in california and it seems to have a lot of the rides that walt disney world already has. I personally would like to see a Disney Seas in Florida, it being a peninsula and all.

EchoOfOphelia

I haven't really heard that many good things about California Adventure either. I don't think that they would even consider duplicating it if it wasn't a smash hit.

Bryy2001

K, I've never been to DL, but I've been to WDW 18 times and I haven't heard that great of stuff about California Adventure either. Im confused because it really looks great in all the pictures and the amount that Disney spent on it was phenomenal, there seems to be a lot of good E-ticket attractions there, so why is it so bad? Even the Simpson's dug on it in a episode that aired like 2-3 weeks ago. (something to the effect of Bart: "This is boring" Homer: "At least it's not as bad as Disney's California Adventure"). Anyone who has been there could you fill me in on exactly what is wrong with California Adventure.

MMFan

Haven't found anything wrong with DCA. It's very different from other Disney parks. Some of it is reminiscent of the Wharf at US, Fl. The roller coaster is IMHO better than rock'n'roller and Soarin' is a unique attraction that is absolutely fantastic. Maliboomer is a bit of a short ride skyward, but they are getting ToT (with a twist involving disappearing guests) next year so who cares!? Grizzly River Run uses smaller round 'boats' than Kali RR but it is more themed, prettier and overall more turbulent. There was also A Bug's Land for kiddies. The Ferris Wheel is one of a few in the world with moving carriages which really really swing. Mulholland Madness is a zippy kind of mouse coaster which is really quite fun.

Yep, I'm proud to say I thoroughly enjoyed DCA and DL, and have every intention of going back in the not too distant future. I hope that people don't write it off before experiencing it for themselves.

MMFan :brick:

Figment1986

Never Build that park ever, it will be trashed and destroyed by the time they build it. It would be cutback to nothing, and have more complaints than epcot and AK combined.

Never. i hate these ideas. it wouldn't work for me.

ToTBellHop

It's always interesting to me that people don't seem to accept California Adventure, and yet it has some of the best attractions on property, that everyone says they love:
Aladdin
Grizzly River Run
Soarin' Over California
California Screamin'
soon to include the Tower of Terror
Muppets
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Golden Dreams

Regardless, I have many a time thought about why Cali Adventure does not do well, and the answer is simple--Disneyland profits off of locals. A vast majority of its visitors live in California, which is why they don't have much interest in a park about their home state, which hurts this park a lot.

Such a park would almost certainly do well in Florida, because the rides themselves are great, and given that a vast majority of Disney World's visitors are tourists, they would go to a park like this to learn about Florida--same reason I love California Adventure. Realize that the poor reviews you hear come from locals, but just about everyone I PERSONALLY know who has been (obviously from the East like me) have enjoyed this park. This is why Disneyland is trying to make their property more into a Resort, to appeal more tourists (which is working, by the way...they are solidly booking their hotels).

RandeB

I apologize in advance to all residents of Florida, but I don't think the idea of Florida holds as much magic as the idea of California...

Not that there's any substance to the stereotypes, but I think there's more to work with in the story/legends of California, and more Beach Boys songs involving CA too.

And Randy Newman's I Love LA is much better than his Miami.

And yes, living in NJ I realize that reputations can be annoying.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by RandeB
I apologize in advance to all residents of Florida, but I don't think the idea of Florida holds as much magic as the idea of California...

Not that there's any substance to the stereotypes, but I think there's more to work with in the story/legends of California, and more Beach Boys songs involving CA too.

And Randy Newman's I Love LA is much better than his Miami.

And yes, living in NJ I realize that reputations can be annoying.

Hey, Florida is cool, it would make for an awesome park!

crazy2363

Ive been to DCA twice and I think that it's just missing that disney magic the rides are ok except for Soarin which is awesome maybe with some oof the additions coming (buzz ToT etc) it will become a days worth of fun it's just not that entertaining now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom