Worth the hype? Snack Edition

JugglingFreak

Not worth it: Mickey Ice Cream bars. I simply do not like the chocolate coating. It doesn't taste "right" to me. Plus I have a thing about wood touching my teeth or tongue that will make me vomit. My daughter and wife (R.I.P) both love them.

Worth it: Dole Whips. I generally do not like pineapple, but love a Dole Whip. The one thing the whole family agreed on.

mickEblu

Not worth it: Mickey Ice Cream bars. I simply do not like the chocolate coating. It doesn't taste "right" to me. Plus I have a thing about wood touching my teeth or tongue that will make me vomit. My daughter and wife (R.I.P) both love them.

Worth it: Dole Whips. I generally do not like pineapple, but love a Dole Whip. The one thing the whole family agreed on.

That’s not even getting into the fact that they give them to you Rock solid frozen now. So plan your ice cream craving 30 minutes in advance kids.

Dole whips are pretty good but I don’t crave them often. Usually just really hot days.

Parker in NYC

Coconut Dole Whip: I don't know if it's hyped but I'll hype it whenever I can. When it's available, you must try it.
Adventureland Cart's cheeseburger egg rolls: Blecch. Overrated.

PolynesianPrincess

I personally love the Zebra Domes. So much hate for them on here though! Also, carrot cake cookie! My all time favorite was the red velvet cheesecake cupcake at Starring Rolls (RIP, sweet friend) Also the cinnamon rolls are soooo good! And something most people haven't tried I don't think is the pineapple upside-down cake Dole Whip. DELISH!!

At Disneyland, the corn dogs, hands down!! Also, the jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel! Don't have them at WDW and wish they did because they're so good!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Coconut Dole Whip: I don't know if it's hyped but I'll hype it whenever I can. When it's available, you must try it.

Haven't had the Coconut Dole Whip, I would like to try it but I can't pull myself away from the Citrus Swirl! :D

Sadly I now have to agree with you about the Cheeseburger egg rolls, I had them pre-pandemic and liked them but I just had one a couple days ago and it was kind of icky. The pepperoni pizza one those was great.

Club Cooloholic

I had read good things about the carmel butter bar in Epcot at Germany's Karamell-Küche. Super sweet and easy to share. It was good, though my wife preferred the gingerbread cookie sandwich, which is also very good.

ELG13

for us, it was the turkey leg. was looking forward to trying it, but neither of us really cared for it. way too salty. maybe we’ll try it again someday.
Are turkey legs available now? Our last trip, Sept 2019 we couldn't find one!!!

ELG13

Churros were so overrated to us. We had to wait for fresh ones, which was totally fine, but it honestly lacked much flavor. It tasted like toast crust with cinnamon sugar lol. We always share our mickey pretzels. I can never make it through a whole one.

Yellow Shoes

That’s not even getting into the fact that they give them to you Rock solid frozen now. So plan your ice cream craving 30 minutes in advance kids.

Dole whips are pretty good but I don’t crave them often. Usually just really hot days.
The last MIckey bar I had was sooooo melted that I ended up scooping it up with the stick.

007mickey

Worth it: Dole Whip (come on, it's a classic), School Bread (sorry, I love it), Croque Glace (one of my new found favorites), Sweet cream cheese and jalapeno stuffed soft pretzels (oh where out thou, are they still around?)

Dad 2 M & M

Worth the hype: Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich <3
Not worth the hype: Schoolbread

Shareable: Dole Whip - love it, but could not finish one of those by myself, ever.
Not shareable: ...Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich... because it was too good.
Loved everything in your post except the Dole Whip....don't get it...not bad but not loved in our circle
I was disappointed in the Cheshire Cat tail. It always looked SO big in pics and videos, but I thought it was pretty small. Definitely not shareable imo. It tasted fine, but no longer a must do for me.
Used to have a Strawberry SHORTCAKE Sundae that was great for a soft serve treat

mimitchi33

Worth the hype: Turkey legs and Mickey Bars.
Not worth the hype: Dole Whip. (I didn't have this at Disney World, but at Stew Leonnard's of all places, and it tasted like plain water to me...)

mf1972

Worth the hype: Turkey legs and Mickey Bars.
Not worth the hype: Dole Whip. (I didn't have this at Disney World, but at Stew Leonnard's of all places, and it tasted like plain water to me...)
i noticed it at my local stew leonard’s. meant to try it, but haven’t as of yet.

Yellow Shoes

What amuses me about turkey legs is that I would bet that 90% of the folks who gobble (sorry) them down at WDW absolutely refuse to eat them at Thanksgiving at home.

Disneyfamjam

Not a big fan of the zebra domes either, they are okay but not worth the sugar. I don't really like the huge Mickey shaped chocolate chip cookies that have chocolate on the ears, they are usually dry and tough like the dough has been overworked.
The giant chocolate chip cookie was the most disappointing cookie I’ve ever eaten. Dry, tough, and tasteless.

LittleMerman

I just had the Kakamora Float for the first time a few weeks ago and the coconut whip was amazing!! Easily my favorite flavor (I've had pineapple, lime, lemon, orange, raspberry, and strawberry).

I will say that the original pineapple isn't my favorite. It's good, but I don't see how it has such a cult following. Seems just like a bandwagon thing to me. I much prefer the citrus swirl!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom