Worth the hype? Snack Edition

Poppinsfan05

In the Parks
No
The snack that in my opinion is worth the hype is the Mickey Pretzel that is so proudly shown in my profile pic.
The snack not so much worth the hype for me is the Mickey Ice Cream. It might be just me but it just taste like any ordinary vanilla ice cream with a chocolate coating that the chocolate always breaks off and makes a big mess or that just might be me.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We have a short list of must haves each year we go:
- Cheeseburger Eggrolls at MK
- Harissa Chicken Roll at Spice Road Table/Epcot
- Pork Eggrolls at Lotus Blossom Café/Epcot
- Pretzel at Pretzel Cart in Germany/Epcot
- and my person favorite, Chocolate Crepes at Crepes des Chefs de France/Epcot

and I agree with others on the turkey leg. Smelled great for years, then I finally got one. Disappointing greasy mess. But, they still smell great.

Tjaden

The snack that in my opinion is worth the hype is the Mickey Pretzel that is so proudly shown in my profile pic.
The snack not so much worth the hype for me is the Mickey Ice Cream. It might be just me but it just taste like any ordinary vanilla ice cream with a chocolate coating that the chocolate always breaks off and makes a big mess or that just might be me.
1.) Agreed
2.) That's why you stick with the frozen banana

disney4life2008

Not worth the hype for me is the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie at Sunshine Seasons. To me it's just one note: sweet!

I know people rave about sunshine. And yes the food always smells good and is fresh. My issue is portion. The beef stir fry looks amazing but what they give you is all vegetables and only 4 pieces of beef. Yes they actually count. Better to go to China quick service.

Tjaden

I know people rave about sunshine. And yes the food always smells good and is fresh. My issue is portion. The beef stir fry looks amazing but what they give you is all vegetables and only 4 pieces of beef. Yes they actually count. Better to go to China quick service.
I think that's a positive. I wish all food at Epcot would come in Food & Wine sizes as I'm assuredly going to be snacking all day there.

disney4life2008

I really can't think of any food at Disney that is amazing. In the 90s, yes. Popcorn is consistent at least. I do love ohana dinner apps but the meats are questionable. The shrimp is hit or miss, the steak is way too big and not cooked, the chicken is dark meat and gummy.

I do like Disney fries but again portions are horrible. Burgers are an embaressment. I love their chicken breast nuggets.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I think that's a positive. I wish all food at Epcot would come in Food & Wine sizes as I'm assuredly going to be snacking all day there.
OMG NO!!!! If I'm paying $9 for a snack or $16 for a quick service meal, I actually want to be full when I finish my food.

LSU_Tigger

I see why all people are different and that is what I love, BUT I would not be able to go to Disney with some of y'all on here. LOL
I'm from South Louisiana and have not found a thing that I do not like at Disney. I will say things are not as seasoned as I would prefer but still, the flavors are good. The fries at Casey's Corner are very big for me and DW but my 17yr old son would be able to destroy them. The Cheeseburger Spring rolls are hit and miss sometimes, but when they are on they are good. Food and Wine Fest is always a treat. Cronuts at Epcot are massive and good for 2. Wishing I could be there now. And those are my 2 cents for what its worth.......

Phonedave

Worth the hype: Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich <3
Not worth the hype: Schoolbread

Shareable: Dole Whip - love it, but could not finish one of those by myself, ever.
Not shareable: ...Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich... because it was too good.

Schoolbread - I have had this and it was great, I have also had it when it was garbage - multiple times. It is, to me, one of the most inconsistent items in WDW. I had it once when it had so much cardamom in it that it was almost inedible. I suspect it is made from scratch (or mostly from scratch) and the bakers don't necessarily pay attention.

Phonedave

Overrated - Zebra Domes and Dole Whip

Worth the effort - Cinnamon glazed nuts. They are noting earth shattering, but they are good - they are just hard to get. Limited locations, and often the locations are not open. Anytime I am over in NYC I get some (they are usually not cinnamon though), it's just a snack that I like.

HouCuseChickie

Overrated to me...School bread, carrot cake cookies (only had the original), and zebra domes. Based on my tastes and preferences, I should have liked the last two. I wanted the cookie to be less cakey and the filling to be more dense. The domes didn't have enough coffee flavor to me. The school bread was more bread than sweet snack to me...just kind of blah.

Worth it...the sticky buns at BW Bakery, Dole Whips (near breaking down on buying a new ice cream maker and a bag of the mix), and beignets (even the GF ones) at POFQ.

JIMINYCR

Well worth it .. Cinnamon bun at Gastons Tavern.. with extra icing on top. Its overly large, very filling. We often skip breakfast and head over to Gastons at rope drop.
Not worth it .. Any of the cotton candy layered treats. They are a sticky, messy, swirly glob of yuck.

Club Cooloholic

I miss the cheese stuffed pretzels. Those blew away the Mickey ones.
Overrated....dolewhip

Disney Kween

The snack that is all for me and I will never share is a Dole Whip.
The snacks that I think are just ordinary and overrated are the popcorn and the soft pretzels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom