Worst people to be in line next to?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have very mixed feelings about those who hold up a line to play with the interactive devices in the queue.

On one hand, you could always go around them if they want to linger, but on the other hand, are you really going to get to "Load" any faster by waiting for them to move up and they don't close every 10 foot gap in the line? Not really...unless your are about to load when this "lingering" happens.

Sweet Melissa

I have very mixed feelings about those who hold up a line to play with the interactive devices in the queue.

On one hand, you could always go around them if they want to linger, but on the other hand, are you really going to get to "Load" any faster by waiting for them to move up and they don't close every 10 foot gap in the line? Not really...unless your are about to load when this "lingering" happens.
Queue interaction or not, I don't mind getting held back for a minute. Having to walk a few paces to close the gap breaks up the monotony, especially in the less aesthetically pleasing queue areas.

thomas998

I like the people that linger. Because if you linger in front of me I will simply walk past you and be that much closer to the end. The real trick is to then either completely ignore them if they try to get back in front of you or simply be willing to tell them what they can do to themself if they try to get back where they were... although I guess that last one might annoy some of the folks that don't want any non-Disney language.

ninjaprincesst

I don't know about this. My children never did anything like that. Of course our children were made to behave and we didn't let them walk all over us like a lot of parents do.

Exactly if you make them mind they don't get "stuck", I don't recall my daughter ever acting up in line and we have been going to Disney yearly since she was three.

mergatroid

Got to be 'wind breakers', they're not that common but they do exist and they're deadly. Usually I'll be in line and all of a sudden my nostrils twitch as that familiar horrible aroma that is somebody 'dropping one' hits me. As I take a step back trying to hold my breath, I'll glance as Mrs Merg as if to say "Some filthy animal has just let rip". She'll kind of look back as if to say "Well it wasn't me" and I look around for the likely culprit. It's rare to be actually able to positively identify the offender but I always have my suspicions of the person who doesn't react at all, the one who appears to have not noticed it and yet is well within the perimeter of impact. I'll take a bit of BO over that anyday :bawling:

ninjaprincesst

I think the classic technique is the smack with a hand to get their attention followed by a stern, "one more sound and I'll give you something to cry about." The only downside is that in this age of "enlightenment" too many non-parents squawk like you've murdered a nun if you so much as look mean at your kid. I'm not for going Joan Crawford on a kid, but then some degree of pain combined with the word no is much more universal than time outs will ever be.

I rarely ever got to the smack because my mom had the "look". I don't know what would happen if you ignored the look I just assumed that I did not want to face those consequences.

thomas998

I rarely ever got to the smack because my mom had the "look". I don't know what would happen if you ignored the look I just assumed that I did not want to face those consequences.

I'm willing to bet that when you were very young the look and word "no" was provide with a slap on your hand. And while you likely forgot about that consciously your subconscious remembers and that's why the look worked.

SagamoreBeach

Got to be 'wind breakers', they're not that common but they do exist and they're deadly. Usually I'll be in line and all of a sudden my nostrils twitch as that familiar horrible aroma that is somebody 'dropping one' hits me. As I take a step back trying to hold my breath, I'll glance as Mrs Merg as if to say "Some filthy animal has just let rip". She'll kind of look back as if to say "Well it wasn't me" and I look around for the likely culprit. It's rare to be actually able to positively identify the offender but I always have my suspicions of the person who doesn't react at all, the one who appears to have not noticed it and yet is well within the perimeter of impact. I'll take a bit of BO over that anyday :bawling:

Oh no...I've learned to react!
-T

DfromATX

I thought this might be an interesting thread. Forgive me if it's already been a topic before, but I'm a newbie. Anyway, sometimes we end up waiting anywhere from a few minutes to over an hour or two waiting for some rides. So I wanted to know who do you hate to be stuck in a long line with? For me it would be people complaining about how long the line is. Because it's like you knew it was long when you got on it & complaining won't make it go any faster. I do however love being people next to people from England or Scotland because I love their accents & could listen to them talk all day :)

I don't know about who I'd NOT want to be in line by (as long as I'm not BEHIND a tour group), but I enjoy meeting and talking with people from other countries. We like to try to guess where they're from. My husband is Iranian and always keeps his ears open for Farsi, but in all our 4 trips, no Farsi... Lots of Brits and Germans though.

seahawk7

Whoa we're thread hijacking, I did not mean to take part... skrrrrrrrrk...
I hate being in line next to people who vomit everywhere; worst instance I recall was in line for Soarin'. This kid puked a lake. It was terribad. Everyone in noseshot was gagging. It took them a while to clean it up since we were so far into the queue (we were almost at the left-right split). Blech.
This reminds me about one time we were in line and the person behind us threw up and it splashed on the back of our legs! I'm sorry to be gross but that took the cake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom