Worst people to be in line next to?

connie254

Last year, we were at CB. Every morning we walked to the food court and almost got run over by this fellow with a ponytail, jogging. One morning I watched how many times I saw him go past us when we ate outside. 6. That night we were coming back from MK, on the bus. The bus was packed and two toddler girls were becoming restless-not bad restless, just wanted to play with their dolls that they had in their hands. The mother screamed at them to sit down and stop moving, otherwise they would be in timeout back at the room, and glared at this man. I followed the glare. It was jogging ponytail, standing by the side door, with earbuds in, and playing with an phone/ipod device, oblivious to it all. My bet is they were divorced within 4 months.

People with very bratty, rambunctious children that either do not listen or the parents do nothing to correct their children's behavior! I had to witness a small little girl cracking her head open after falling backwards while sitting on a rail in the Backlot Tours queue, it was frustrating since everyone was warned umpteen times not to sit on the rails, scary because she was bleeding pretty bad, and saddening because I hate seeing anyone hurt especially a child when they're crying!

Know it all's :mad: - Seriously if you are going to share your wealth of knowledge about the attractions, parks and the whole WDW resort please make sure you check your facts first! Try reading a book! BTW NO ONE CARES!

Negative people - I get that its hot, that there are crowds, long waits for attractions, etc etc but being overly rude and nasty about everything isn't going to change anything! Change your outlook you may be surprised how your whole experience will benefit from just a little positive thinking.

Jerks! - I have been lucky enough to stand in line next to people who think its okay to make comments about others in line whether about their size, looks, race, anything that they felt the need to pick these innocent people apart. Grow up! #1 What makes you perfect? #2 Life is beautiful because of our differences, it takes all types you should appreciate that #3 Know that your opinions only make you look ugly so if thats cool with you than enjoy being a miserable person quietly by yourself and allow the other guests to have a nice time.

Lastly the people who could really benefit from a shower or some deodorant! :hungover: Enough said
I especially agree with the negative people part. A few years ago while I was waiting for Test Track with two of my cousins, we were talking (not super loud and obnoxiously or anything but just how people tend to normally talk to each other in line) and one of my cousins turned around and completely by accident bumped into a guy in front of us and he flipped out on her, saying things like she needed to keep still, etc. He was really rude and angry over something that was an accident (and something that I think happens all the times in lines). He seemed pretty disgruntled though to start with. She apologized and everything but he was just not having it and continued to have a sour face even as he got on the ride like 10 minutes later.

Last edited:
I think the biggest one for me also is people who stop in the line to sit, play games, take pictures without letting others by etc. thus leaving a 10 foot gap in front of them. Usually in line I'll talk to my family that's with me (I admit with my social anxiety I'm not the person who starts up conversations with strangers in line though I have had it done to me and I don't really mind it in general). Sometimes I'll check something on my phone but never long enough to take my attention away from moving up in the line. With how much Disney tries to fill their queues with stuff to see, I think we should try to enjoy the scenery.

DJ7203

Original Poster
I always seem to get stuck next to the people cracking their chewing gum. One of the most annoying things in my opinion.

That is one of my biggest pet peeves! I always call people out on it too! I'll start looking around with this strange look on my face & go "What is that noise?!" then when they continue to chomp & pop I go "Oh its you! It's your gum!" They usually apologize & get the hint to knock it off.

Hockey89

I especially agree with the negative people part. A few years ago while I was waiting for Test Track with two of my cousins, we were talking (not super loud and obnoxiously or anything but just how people tend to normally talk to each other in line) and one of my cousins turned around and completely by accident bumped into a guy in front of us and he flipped out on her, saying things like she needed to keep still, etc. He was really rude and angry over something that was an accident (and something that I think happens all the times in lines). He seemed pretty disgruntled though to start with. She apologized and everything but he was just not having it and continued to have a sour face even as he got on the ride like 10 minutes later.
I hate when people can't stand still in line and run into poeple all the time....Pretty annoying

JohnD

Parents that keep their very young children in the parks until midnight so that they are either crying at the top of their lungs or have taken a dump in their pants much to the delight of everyone on the bus. :eek:

Completely forgot about that one. I was on a bus leaving MK after midnight and a poor baby was crying all the way back, obviously wondering why it wasn't sleeping right then. But those parents just had to get their their EMHs in, didn't they? As soon as the parents disembarked with their baby, we all agreed the parents just had no sense at all.

I hate when people can't stand still in line and run into poeple all the time....Pretty annoying
Well I mean it wasn't as though we were dancing around in line. I could understand if she'd bumped into him several times within a matter of minutes. But she turned around to say something to us and accidentally bumped into him once. But yes, when people are just constantly moving around and ramming into people, that is annoying. In fact this happened to me at a different theme park a couple months ago. This group of teens were constantly moving around and shoving each other and stuff like that and ended up bumping or backing into several people around them and never once really apologized for it or stopped (and one of them was wearing this pretty big backpack which didn't help at all of course). And this line was like an hour long so dealing with that for that long was obnoxious.

Last edited:

AintNoOtherMan

Rude and complaining people are the absolute worst imo. I can **tolerate** (not like, tolerate) essentially everyone else, but rude people or people who complain are just so annoying.

And people who clearly don't know anything about Disney, but they're amusing, so...

Mr Anderson

Gap closers with no concept of personal space; those people who scoot RIIIIGHT up on your tail the second you move forward even an inch. On one particular instance, I had a guy standing so close behind me that when I shifted my weight to my back foot, it caused him to nearly topple over. I am usually super apologetic in situations such as this but all I could muster is a "Really dude?!" look.
tumblr_m70vbsTdrB1rropv0.gif

Maybe I just need to make a shirt that says "Please stand clear of the Rick" on the back.

Weather_Lady

Rude/loud people. We've been known to voluntarily drop back a few spots in line, not so much to avoid waiting in line with such guests, but as to ensure that we don't end up having them in or near our ride vehicle. We've all had the experience of having a spectacular attraction marred by the following, so I do my best to recognize their characteristics while in line: (1) the teenaged "it's totes adorbs if I shriek like a banshee throughout this whole darn ride" girl; (2) the "Imma narrate this attraction for everybody so they'll know I can recognize things and call their names out loud" person -- this could be a toddler, accompanied by the "everything my kid does is awesome" parents, or even a grown man or woman; (3) the "I-don't-have-Tourette's-but-I'm-gonna-yell-out-swear-words-anyway-dammit" dude; the ever-popular (4) "I've got an iPhone! Watch me spend $5,000 to come to Florida and stare at my iPhone on dark rides!" tourist, and (5) the "got-a-nice-camera-so-I'm-totally-like-media-and-get-a-free-pass-to-take-flash-photos-everywhere" amateur blogger.

Last edited:

DJ7203

Original Poster
Gap closers with no concept of personal space; those people who scoot RIIIIGHT up on your tail the second you move forward even an inch. On one particular instance, I had a guy standing so close behind me that when I shifted my weight to my back foot, it caused him to nearly topple over. I am usually super apologetic in situations such as this but all I could muster is a "Really dude?!" look.
tumblr_m70vbsTdrB1rropv0.gif

Maybe I just need to make a shirt that says "Please stand clear of the Rick" on the back.

I feel this way on a regular basis! Especially on line at the grocery store or post office! I just want to turn around & be like "Would you mind not using my upper back as a rest spot for your ? Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom