Worst part of the Resorts and why?

Squigglove

Original Poster
I'm always seeing threads asking for "the best" or your "favorite" and not that I want to be negative but information is priceless and I found information online about resorts that if I hadn't found out prior to booking would have made me a little miserable.

For example.
I found out that the All Stars Resorts play Disney music around the clock. That would have been very over-stimulating for us.
And that the Caribbean does not have any elevators.
We read a review that Port Orleans has poor housekeeping and refuse to give you extra towels if you ask.

So, what are some Disney Resort negatives that you find personally displeasing?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm always seeing threads asking for "the best" or your "favorite" and not that I want to be negative but information is priceless and I found information online about resorts that if I hadn't found out prior to booking would have made me a little miserable.

For example.
I found out that the All Stars Resorts play Disney music around the clock. That would have been very over-stimulating for us.
We read a review that Port Orleans has poor housekeeping and refuse to give you extra towels if you ask.

Every Disney resort plays music around the clock; the soundtrack is themed to each resort (for example, jazz tunes at POFQ, Hawaiian songs at Poly.) The music in the food courts of the value resorts can be a little loud, but no louder than music played in your local restaurants.

CBR and the Alligator Bayou section of POR don't have elevators because they were built before modern requirements.

I wouldn't base an assessment of POR "poor housekeeping" on one review. Remember people are way more likely to post about a bad experience than a good experience. The refusal to provide extra towels is simply not true. We have never had a bad housekeeping experience at POR.

HouCuseChickie

I think just like favorites, many negatives often fall under personal preferences or situations that might not impact every guest. I mean, if someone wants to ask for opinions on a specific resort...I will share the good and the bad from our personal experiences, but usually also with the side note that I'm aware that experiences and preferences vary. :)

Squigglove

Original Poster
Thanks HouCuse. I honestly meant this thread to be informative that's why I even said "that you find personally displeasing."

Additionally, I'm not basing my full opinion on anyone else's bad experience. I don't believe that POR would deny me extra towels upon request and I'll be staying at POR this year. I just think it's helpful to know.

I guess it will be better to let this thread fall wayside.

Club Cooloholic

Not being snarky with my response so here goes. I stayed at Port Orleans FQ and we were in building 7. It was a river view but man every morning you could hear the busses rumbling engines as several parked in the nearest lot right there at the crack of dawn so I did not love that.

epcotisbest

For example.

The things you mention are non-issues. All resorts have background music. It is part of the atmosphere and not intrusive. Yes, no elevators at CBR. If you have a medical issue, request a ground floor. If not, it is only two floors, so a one floor stair climb is nothing. The towel thing and housekeeping at POR...ummm, no. Back in September we stayed at AKL Kidani. Our room was a few miles away from the lobby and gift shop and I did gripe to myself a bit during the long walks down the seemingly endless hallways, but then I would remind myself I was at a fantastic place, beautiful resort and I could live with the long walk. Especially so when I'd get back to the room and head out to the balcony to gaze at giraffe and zebra hanging out right there. Sorta made the long walk to the room insignificant at most.

epcotisbest

I'm about to stay at PO- French Quarter for the very first time in less than two weeks. I hope that this review is wrong...
Absolutely wrong. Not saying it did not happen, but if it did it was the exception and not the rule. In my experience with every place onsite we have ever stayed, requests for extra towels, soap, shampoo etc. have always been met with an enthusiastic yes and inquiry if there is anything else I needed.

Courtney6682

For example.

I understand what you were aiming for, I too like to try and get every bit of info on resorts, restaurants, and parks both positive and negative. That's what we're here for ...to share our experiences and knowledge on all things Disney! Yes, just because one person had a negatve experience doesn't mean we all will experience that same thing, but it's nice to know it has or can happen..

I got knocked on here because I said I personally didn't care for OKW when we stayed there last year. My personal feelings are that it's not ''Disney'' enough for me ...there will be some that agree and some that disagree..and that's ok!

Weather_Lady

I find it to be a "negative" that the Disney value resorts (standard rooms) don't have in-room coffeemakers, an amenity you can find at even the cheapest of "fleabag" hotels off-property. I expect most first-time guests are surprised and disappointed to find that there isn't one in their room. It makes the values, which are otherwise nice (and still expensive) resorts, seem cheap.

Courtney6682

I find it to be a "negative" that the Disney value resorts (standard rooms) don't have in-room coffeemakers, an amenity you can find at even the cheapest of "fleabag" hotels off-property. I expect most first-time guests are surprised and disappointed to find that there isn't one in their room. It makes the values, which are otherwise nice (and still expensive) resorts, seem cheap.

Excatly...this isn't us just trying to be negative...this is good advice for a first timer...a coffee drinker might find this very helpful!

riverscu0m0

Some of the rooms at the Boardwalk are SO far from the main entrance. I didn't mind the walk until I was carrying a pack of water back to my room! If it eases your anxieties, I've stayed at POR and FQ and have never had a problem with the towel situation. That was probably just a fluke. Do they bring them to you in 5 minutes? No, but they will still bring them! The same with pillows.

JasonDeyoung

I'm about to stay at PO- French Quarter for the very first time in less than two weeks. I hope that this review is wrong...
I stay at FQ no joke around 5+ times a year and I have never had a housekeeping issue once. I've never had a housekeeping issue at any resort I've stayed at. I've requested extra towels etc and they were delivered in a timely fashion every time. Not every ones experience will be perfect but way more are than the negatives. Enjoy! FQ is awesome

surfsupdon

I'd say that if you are staying at a Value, geared to families, remember you don't get a pool slide AND you must corral up for busses in lines. Bleh.

At AKL, most all of your walking is indoors. The only outside areas are the pool deck, which is connected to the restaurants and lobby. Very cramped outdoors area, compared to every other Disney Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom