• Replacing Maelstrom with Frozen

• Mistake on the Lake (Harmonious)

• Replacing Splash with Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

• Replacing Rivers of America with Cars

• Replacing The Great Movie Ride with Runaway Railway

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Sullivan

Lot of people reacting to this question with blind rage at their favorite rides closing when yes it’s sad but not the worst move made for the parks.

The real answer here is the recent decade’s move toward homogeny. Trying to make all the resorts have mostly the same offerings with less and less unique things between them. Lots of cloning rides, uniformity in merchandise, uniformity in food offerings.

Cutting into each resort’s unique identities is the worst thing they’ve ever done, and I hope these new announcements are a sign they’re gonna stop with that.

Mr. Sullivan

Remove Iger and replace with Eisner :D 👍
I think people are looking back on Eisner these days with rose colored glasses. He was great…when Frank Wells was alive. After Frank died, Eisner’s choices kept getting progressively worse and worse, culminating in an era that almost actually killed Disney. Not in a hyperbolic way like people say about Iger, no Eisner really brought the company to its knees.

Most look back on his successful first half and hold that up as the defense of him without also considering all the horrible moves he made in the 90s and early 2000s. He was the man who introduced the nickel and dime do it on the cheap no one will notice mentality to Disney post-DLP.

IanDLBZF

I think people are looking back on Eisner these days with rose colored glasses. He was great…when Frank Wells was alive. After Frank died, Eisner’s choices kept getting progressively worse and worse, culminating in an era that almost actually killed Disney. Not in a hyperbolic way like people say about Iger, no Eisner really brought the company to its knees.

Most look back on his successful first half and hold that up as the defense of him without also considering all the horrible moves he made in the 90s and early 2000s. He was the man who introduced the nickel and dime do it on the cheap no one will notice mentality to Disney post-DLP.
I second this. Eisner really was an idiot.

bjlc57

the Last True vison of Walt's Dream died on a mountain top with Frank Wells.. its been all bean counters since then..and no dreamers..

Ice Gator

Iger is just as bad as Eisner, can we agree?
Just as bad but in a completely opposite direction. Eisner's answer was to continue making questionable decisions and started adding weird and experimental stuff to the parks that just weren't up to standards or worked, Iger's answer is to make it as corporate as possible and prioritize the company's business ventures over creative ones.

Figments Friend

#1 will always and forever be the removal / complete demo of the Original ‘Journey Into Imagination’ Attraction.
Absolute tragedy…and still angers me to this day.

Purposely done by certain parties within the Company to ‘prove’ that an expensive to maintain ride needed to go away.
The ‘replacement’ was THE most unimaginative, cheaply executed piece

Iger admitted years later it was a mistake to remove the Original.
Small victories…but talk is cheap.
Just like the two versions that came after the Original’s passing.

-

Last edited by a moderator:

Miru

the Last True vison of Walt's Dream died on a mountain top with Frank Wells.. its been all bean counters since then..and no dreamers..
Lasseter isn’t a dreamer? Are you kidding me? I feel like perhaps it goes as far back as removing Discovery Island.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger and his cronies really don't get the reason behind ANYTHING built before he took over the company, do they?
It’s much worse than that…his egomaniac complex seems to made him believe that “modern Disney” is only a result of him…which is why he has to systematically eliminate all things that weren’t under his Orwellian directives.
#1 will always and forever be the removal / complete demo of the Original ‘Journey Into Imagination’ Attraction.
Absolute tragedy…and still angers me to this day.

Purposely done by certain parties within the Company to ‘prove’ that an expensive to maintain ride needed to go away.
The ‘replacement’ was THE most unimaginative, cheaply executed piece of **** possible.

Iger admitted years later it was a mistake to remove the Original.
Small victories…but talk is cheap.
Just like the two versions that came after the Original’s passing.

-
Iger said that?

I think it was Satan…I mean “Eisner” 🙄

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Iger said that?

Yes, he did.
At the D23 Expo Legends Ceremony the year my boy Tony Baxter received his Disney Legend recognition, in 2013.

Iger stood on stage in front of the massive crowd and gave a speech about Tony’s vast career.
At one point he turned to him and stated that closing the Original ‘Journey Into Imagination’ was a mistake.
I was stunned to hear those words come from his lips after all these years.

Tony then responded right away with his witty comment “So when do we bring it back…?”
The hundreds of fans in the audience then went completely nuts.

It was a memorable moment to say the least.

-

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, he did.
At the D23 Expo Legends Ceremony the year my boy Tony Baxter received his Disney Legend recognition.

Iger stood on stage in front of the massive crowd and gave a speech about Tony’s vast career.
At one point he turned to him and stated that closing the Original ‘Journey Into Imagination’ was a mistake.
I was stunned to hear those words come from his lips after all these years.

Tony then responded right away with his witty comment “So when to we bring it back…?”
The hundreds of fans in the audience then went completely nuts.

It was a memorable moment to say the least.

-
Oh right…25 years later?

Yeah…he’s good at that.

Did he mention why nothing has been done to it for the 19 years, 11 months since he took over?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom