Worst Job

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
any job in which a CP has to work with bitter, super-seniority CM's....

Maria

....or in which they have to push a food cart full of ice and ice cream, water bottles, coke, etc. through half park to stand eight hours or more selling them under the sun.

I would also die if I had to clean protein spills... I´d probably end up adding my own... :hurl: :dazzle:

freaklarm

I can tell wich one is the best, and that is Transportation, they only get like 7 o 10 per recruiting season and split them in watercrafts and monorails, beeing watercraft the best, and I'm not saying this because thats my department... well maybe is because of that.

AFROTCEngineer

My opinion is that there is not really a bad job at Disney. Sure there are jobs that are more physically demading as others but its really what you make it in the end. You have to start somewhere and work your way up.

cm1988

Originally posted by Maria
....or in which they have to push a food cart full of ice and ice cream, water bottles, coke, etc. through half park to stand eight hours or more selling them under the sun.

I would also die if I had to clean protein spills... I´d probably end up adding my own... :hurl: :dazzle:
Foods - and Outdoor Foods in particular - can be physically demanding. Then again, if you're 18-22 years old like most college students, you're likely to be up for it... and it won't seem bad after a week or so. Good way to burn those carbs; also many occasions to talk with guests.

Pretty much any WDW 'front-line' role has frequent opportunities for job rotation. Some days/weeks you'll be in locations you love; other times, maybe not as much, so you hang in a while longer, and it changes again. Meanwhile, you're gaining experience and making friends.

Andrew015

Anyone ever consider how many bathrooms there are in WDW... and note that almost all of them are particullary clean???

This requires a lot of work. I think that it would be a crappy job... no pun intended... to clean toilets in WDW.

Just about every job that is bad, could be made enjoyable at WDW... EXCEPT this. I won't accept the "well they're magical disney toilets" on this issue. A toilet is a toilet even in Disney World, and I sure wouldn't want to be cleaning them!

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Andrew015
Anyone ever consider how many bathrooms there are in WDW... and note that almost all of them are particullary clean???

This requires a lot of work. I think that it would be a crappy job... no pun intended... to clean toilets in WDW.

Just about every job that is bad, could be made enjoyable at WDW... EXCEPT this. I won't accept the "well they're magical disney toilets" on this issue. A toilet is a toilet even in Disney World, and I sure wouldn't want to be cleaning them!

I've known several people in Showkeeping (Janitorial/Custodial), and based on that, I think it's actually one of the better jobs available. Yeah, they deal with nasty stuff, but they get long breaks, they work at their own pace, and the job seems to come wih a high amount of "goofing off" or socializing time. Fair tradeoff for cleaning toilets, I guess.

TURKEY

Originally posted by cm1988
Foods - and Outdoor Foods in particular - can be physically demanding. Then again, if you're 18-22 years old like most college students, you're likely to be up for it... and it won't seem bad after a week or so. Good way to burn those carbs; also many occasions to talk with guests.

Pretty much any WDW 'front-line' role has frequent opportunities for job rotation. Some days/weeks you'll be in locations you love; other times, maybe not as much, so you hang in a while longer, and it changes again. Meanwhile, you're gaining experience and making friends.

I liked working ODF. Some people enjoyed it, others hated it.

It all depends on your attitude and what you put into it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom