Worst Job at Walt Disney World?

Jon Good

I use to work in attractions before I retired. My wife worked in housekeeping for a while and that is the worst job. You get tips, but the work is hard. You have to do 15 rooms every day and you have to do them the Disney way. Its like being a slave. My wife finally transferred to attractions and she said that was like being on vacation compared to housekeeping.

rk03221

I’ve worked a lot of roles at WDW but the worst had to be outdoor foods. To this day I’ve never experienced such an awful toxic work environment with the most incompetent management. Our managers would come into work with the mindset of “let’s see who we can fire/get in trouble today”, sleep with lower level cms for promotions, hookup with CPs at work after the park closed, berate us backstage, sometimes wouldn’t let us take breaks, etc. I even think a few cms filed complaints with OSHA and the union. Outdoor foods made me quit Disney and it took me about a year to get back on Disney property after that

UNCgolf

I’ve worked a lot of roles at WDW but the worst had to be outdoor foods. To this day I’ve never experienced such an awful toxic work environment with the most incompetent management. Our managers would come into work with the mindset of “let’s see who we can fire/get in trouble today”, sleep with lower level cms for promotions, hookup with CPs at work after the park closed, berate us backstage, sometimes wouldn’t let us take breaks, etc. I even think a few cms filed complaints with OSHA and the union. Outdoor foods made me quit Disney and it took me about a year to get back on Disney property after that

What does outdoor foods encompass? Just the food carts and kiosks?

NelleBelle

It is amazing when some parents bring their little ones to a restaurant and after the party departs after paying their bill, the wait staff have to clean up the tables, chairs and flooring like a mini hurricane clean up.
If we ever left a restaurant table looking like that, we left an enormous tip to cover it.

Think they'd ever allow their kids to pull that crap at home? Doubt it.
That why we had a dog! Seriously, if our kids left a mess like that, and kids often do when they're learning to feed themselves, I was ever so thankful of having a dog to clean the larger "chunks" on the floor so I just had to swiffer under the high chair. It's phase and unfortunately it happens when we'd dine out occasionally--but we always made sure to tip extra if we couldn't tidy up the mess our selves. And frankly, I've seen messes left by adults that were just as bad! 🤦‍♀️

NickPytlinski

yeah can imagine the job roles you don't see being pretty grim at times.

face to face i'd say guest relations probably get a load a crap

aliceismad

If we ever left a restaurant table looking like that, we left an enormous tip to cover it.

That why we had a dog! Seriously, if our kids left a mess like that, and kids often do when they're learning to feed themselves, I was ever so thankful of having a dog to clean the larger "chunks" on the floor so I just had to swiffer under the high chair. It's phase and unfortunately it happens when we'd dine out occasionally--but we always made sure to tip extra if we couldn't tidy up the mess our selves. And frankly, I've seen messes left by adults that were just as bad! 🤦‍♀️
Kids are messy! I make an effort to clean up after my kid when we eat out (or ate out pre-covid).

When I was a server at a restaurant (not at Disney), our worst messes were usually from the large parties of adults. Especially if there was alcohol involved.

I feel badly for everyone at Disney and elsewhere that have to enforce the mask mandates.

Heppenheimer

We actually never realized how much food our (then) 15 month old threw on the floor until we went to Disneyland last year. Our dogs gobbled up his discarded food so quickly at home, we could never appreciate the amount. This also explained our beagle's mysterious weight gain.

After the first couple of times being told by cast members "Don't worry about it" after we tried to clean up his mess by ourselves, we just left the food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom